Old 08-11-2014, 10:15 PM #1
paintballpete32
The Real Paintball Pete

paintballpete32 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
paintballpete32 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballpete32 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
paintballpete32 supports Empire
Starting up a Team

Starting up a team with 6 other friends. We've all been playing with each other for around 2+ years and decided to take it to the next level. We are all buying custom long sleeve t shirts that I designed and it looks like the team is shaping up pretty well. As the team captain I'm looking for any advice to keep us all together and bring in more people. Thanks in advance.
Heartless Legion-Speedball
Ontarget Paintball Sponsored
paintballpete32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2014, 04:43 PM #2
phatmatt13

If it's a tournament team, I'd put it in the tournament part of nation
phatmatt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 05:48 PM #3

Just show up every weekend Saturday and Sunday and focus on the physical aspects of the game

If you're a joke in a gun fight or you can barely make it to your next bunker you will be completely wasting your time trying to play as a team

Get good then get picked up by better players but until then keep your mouth shut and put effort into thinks that count
412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 12:14 PM #4
dps093
I like Flexes

Annual Supporting Member
dps093 is BST Legit
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dps093 plays in the APPA D4 division
dps093 is Legendary
dps093 is Boss
dps093 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 412 View Post
Just show up every weekend Saturday and Sunday and focus on the physical aspects of the game

If you're a joke in a gun fight or you can barely make it to your next bunker you will be completely wasting your time trying to play as a team

Get good then get picked up by better players but until then keep your mouth shut and put effort into thinks that count
dps093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 06:51 PM #5
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I was the captain of the Colorado Nighthawks out of Colorado Springs for 6 years. We played tournaments occasionally, but usually scenario ball.
Getting together regularly and setting a rule for how many times per month you must attend a practice or get-together is very effective, I've found.
"Come twice a month every month or you're on probation." Something like that, even if they are friends, tends to keep it professional between you.

Work on the physical aspects, like 412 said, making sure your team can shoot, move, and communicate as a team and not just as individuals. Run 3v3 games against each other, changing teams each time to get a feel for how everyone works together.
Those are my suggestions.
Noah

CSU Rams Paintball

Rocking drop-forwards like they're going out of style...oh, wait...
Proud Pumper since 2011
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:19 AM #6
PumpStalker

PumpStalker has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PumpStalker has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Play together as often as you can. Find local teams that are playing the same style of paintball as you and set up scrimmages/practices with them. This will allow you to gauge your team's skill level and development as well as build up your teamwork.

Practicing against organized teams (not just weekend warriors and rentals) is the only way to build and solidify a team. See a baller with no team that gives your crew a run for it's money and you consistently see him/her around? Ask if they're interested in joining because chances are if they enjoy playing with/against your team they will be interested.
"Originally posted by BallSoHard2012: So YOU were the guys that stole those captures at the end of the main-game!? -Mack (MCM MVP)"
PumpStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 10:16 AM #7
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Practice, practice, practice. Make sure to run drills as well as scrimmages. Grab a copy of Dynasty Dysected and use that to help plan your drills. Play against teams that are better than you and learn from them. Talk to them after matches and find out what they saw and how they capitalized on opportunities. Last, make sure everyone is staying in shape outside of paintball as well. Cardio is the best way to train and, with the current tournament formats, your team will need to have good stamina if you plan on competing.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote