o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Why is it we hate spoiled newb kids with great gear?

I've met a few kids who cna ball pretty hard, and own a Geo, or G6r. On the other hand, we've all seen, (more often than the former), the kid who just started and is wearing his brand new 2012 dye clothing and rocking an NT, or Luxe, etc etc etc.

Is it jealousy? Is it because it looks undeserved? Why is it that the site of this burns us so badly?

For me, I always felt they haven't earned the right/need to carry around such a nice gun. I carried around a spyder TL-R for 2 years before the Ion came out and I saved up for that gun. I'm always glad I started this way. I got a chance to learn how to move, snap, maintain my gun, and just appreciate the game. Something I feel the spoiled kids won't learn properly.

On teh other hand, look at most rentals have to deal with today. Most recballers are carrying out the nicest guns to play walk ons. Although I have nothing against this, and do it myself quite a bit, I can understand newbs needing the fastest guns to compete.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2012, 01:49 AM #2
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb

JOHNNY G donated to help Peyton Trent
JOHNNY G owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JOHNNY G supports DLX Technology
JOHNNY G supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y
I've met a few kids who cna ball pretty hard, and own a Geo, or G6r. On the other hand, we've all seen, (more often than the former), the kid who just started and is wearing his brand new 2012 dye clothing and rocking an NT, or Luxe, etc etc etc.

Is it jealousy? Is it because it looks undeserved? Why is it that the site of this burns us so badly?

For me, I always felt they haven't earned the right/need to carry around such a nice gun. I carried around a spyder TL-R for 2 years before the Ion came out and I saved up for that gun. I'm always glad I started this way. I got a chance to learn how to move, snap, maintain my gun, and just appreciate the game. Something I feel the spoiled kids won't learn properly.

On teh other hand, look at most rentals have to deal with today. Most recballers are carrying out the nicest guns to play walk ons. Although I have nothing against this, and do it myself quite a bit, I can understand newbs needing the fastest guns to compete.
I find it's caz they come to the field and think there better then everyone and they don't pay for there own gear

"Originally posted by "Codypbnation: You really are a dick Johnny"
JOHNNY G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 01:55 AM #3
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
I hate that attitude regardless.

I was trying a friend's etek3 and some guy walked up to me with his G6R, and says "Eclipse? yeah thats cool.. But Bob makes real guns".

For the record I prefer BL over PE, but this guy looked like he walked in to a shop with a tax refund and just said "GIEV MEH TEH BESTEST STUFS!". He couldn't play worth a damn.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
Old 02-03-2012, 02:04 AM #4
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
Because they didn't work their way up to it and how many kids do you know can afford a ego/geo/clone/luxe on their own.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 02:14 AM #5
o5pr3y
Watch out for Snakes!!

Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
lol I know 1. Cuz his dad is Darryl Trent, who made the Luxe.

NORCAL CLASSIC#09

Box O' Timmy parts!
Old 02-03-2012, 05:04 AM #6
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I am a regular at my field so I recognize who comes and goes...last summer a kid probably 13-14 came out with all the '11 eclipse gear, new mask and a brand new csl. I thought ok, then he asked me how to turn the air on. I showed him...and then j stayed the he'll away. Heard him after the game complaining that the gun didn't shoot fast enough...I offered to help and asked him if he bothered to read the manual that came with his marker and he just looked at me like I was stupid. The thing of it is...bout 2k worth of gear and I never saw him again.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:26 AM #7
WGPKnight
It's just too easy.

has been a member for 10 years
WGPKnight supports Pev's Paintball
It's not worth flaming anybody IMO. If they suck, all the better. I really don't get offended by young guns with expensive gear...they're just so so lucky.

I will lgive them the benefit of the doubt until they disrespect ME or the game itself. If the parents want to drop 1k, that is 100% ok with me and I won't judge the kid unless he treats his teammates and the game like dirt.

Paintball is team based trial by fire. Most everybody started with rentals (I played like 8 times with rentals at Pevs old field back in the day) and feel like that should be the norm. Jumping into high end gear without experience is def a sign of noobage but not the character of the player.

At least paintball is gaining revenue and players are picking up fresh gear for CHEAP from parents!

MacDev Black Drone DX
Custom WGP 2002 Blue Autococker
WGPKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:31 AM #8
Nahib_Stilgar

Kids with gear don't bother me so much as the lack of respect they show for that gear.

When I work my butt off to buy nice gear, I treat it well, maintain it, clean it, baby it...

I hate to see kids with no appreciation for their gear because they don't understand the value of having to work for it.

That being said, if a kid with nice gear shows up, does his/her best, shows interest in trying to improve or understand more about paintball and shows that he/she is appreciative of the equipment they have...then I love that!
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:32 AM #9
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGPKnight View Post
It's not worth flaming anybody IMO. If they suck, all the better. I really don't get offended by young guns with expensive gear...they're just so so lucky.

I will lgive them the benefit of the doubt until they disrespect ME or the game itself. If the parents want to drop 1k, that is 100% ok with me and I won't judge the kid unless he treats his teammates and the game like dirt.

Paintball is team based trial by fire. Most everybody started with rentals (I played like 8 times with rentals at Pevs old field back in the day) and feel like that should be the norm. Jumping into high end gear without experience is def a sign of noobage but not the character of the player.

At least paintball is gaining revenue and players are picking up fresh gear for CHEAP from parents!
I couldn't have said it better myself.

People, stop worrying about what Johnny Newbie is shooting. Just shut up and play. If you can't handle a noob with '011 gear, then maybe you should look at your own skillset.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:38 AM #10
DeadeyeDante
Booper of Noses...

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends V
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VI
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante supports Team VICIOUS
DeadeyeDante supports Empire
I don't mind newbies with nice gear. Hell I don't even mind ******* little kids with nice gear.

Because sooner or later they are going to grow tired of it (if they don't stick with it) and throw their gear up o nthe BST or on ebay or something, and I can snatch that stuff up for pennies on the dollar.

Economics.
E-Flex Army
DeadeyeDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:46 AM #11
kpraytor
YOLO... you're an idiot!

Annual Supporting Member
kpraytor posts videos on PbNation
kpraytor has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post

There is no hate towards them from here! I just laugh at their waste of money on such expensive equipment. Also, these become my new targets when we get out into the field. They get real pissed when they get eliminated by a spyder pilot LMAO

I don't bonus ball or anything but a little humility can go a long ways if you pick them off first and then befriend them afterwards.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. - Thomas Jefferson

When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. - Declaration of Independence
kpraytor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 07:50 AM #12
S.T.A.R.S.
SpecialTactics&ReconSquad

S.T.A.R.S. has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Regardless of the gear a player walks onto the field with, no one should mock or insult them.

As a player of the sport you should set the example and promote the game in a positive and respectable manner.

I've seen these types of players and although I agree that perhaps the newer players to the game should start off with the more basic equipment and work their way up, that doesn't give any of us the right to ridicule that player.

Instead if you seem someone having an issue, lend them a hand, if they choose to be ignorant or arrogant about it, then kindly apologize and let them be, they will eventually figure out the error in their ways and perhaps they will come to their senses and do a little research and realize that having the best gear won't make them the next top shot hot shot player.

If they don't and they want to carry on cocky so be it, they will only outcast themselves with the rest of the players and they will earn a bad reputation at whatever field they step onto.
S.T.A.R.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:45 AM #13
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Its about the attitude, not the gear. When I was 14, I had a 2k2 intimidator with some CP parts on it, a VL EvoII hopper, and a PE tank. Pretty expensive for a 14 year old (this was before the ion came out, so any high end gun was expensive no matter what). I had bought the timmy with my own money and recieved the hopper and tank and birthday and christmas presents from my parents. I still have the gun, hopper, tank 8 years later (they are still being played with).

What I don't like about some of these kids is that mom/dad buy them the hottest new gun with all brand new equipment and then the kids don't value it. Example, there was a kid at my local field whos dad bought him an ego11 when they first came out with a brand new rotor and a crossfire 45 cu tank. He decided that he didn't like the crossfire tank and wanted a ninja, so he kept trying to break the tank. That is what makes me mad.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:03 AM #14
tornadoes72
Stay classy-PBNation

tornadoes72 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
because since im also a younger kid they always try to talk **** to me. I thought ive done a good job working and saving up to get my droid and they just come over and try to tell me theyr stuff is better and theyr better than me, doesnt make me too happy
Old 02-03-2012, 09:24 AM #15
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
i don't like it because they don't know what to do to maintain it. my friend went from a 98 custom to a BL protege and i pretty much had to teach him how to lube it up and some other stuff. he wasn't a complete idiot though, he knew how to turn it on and put the hopper on it. but i still had to tell him what lube to buy and whatnot
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:01 AM #16
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb

JOHNNY G supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y

I was trying a friend's etek3 and some guy walked up to me with his G6R, and says "Eclipse? yeah thats cool.. But Bob makes real guns".

For the record I prefer BL over PE, but this guy looked like he walked in to a shop with a tax refund and just said "GIEV MEH TEH BESTEST STUFS!". He couldn't play worth a damn.
I hate PE but I wouldnt look down on anyone for shooting it

Last edited by JOHNNY G : 02-03-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:07 AM #17
georgeyew

georgeyew supports Pev's Paintball
I don't really care that the kids don't value the stuff that they got for free. What bugs me is that they think that they can trash talk just because they have expensive equipment. They need to be able to back up their trash talk with some skills!
georgeyew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:15 AM #18
Fangedterror
Pump Zone

In this sport there is a real sense of pride when it comes to owning nice gear, how ever you define "Nice gear" is more of a personal matter. Ive seen people gleaming to show off their custom cockers and people who swear by their Dyes and egos. But no matter what you see as nice, it usually dident appear in your possession over night. People spend months or years collecting everything they need to get the perfect setup and no matter what kind of gun you shoot it always comes down to Time and money and along the way, you get a real respect and appreciation for the value of a dollar and your gear.

So it is no surprise that when a kid shows up with Mid to high end stuff and proceeds to disrespect it, that the paintball community who has worked for their gear would look down on that kid. And there is a real prejudice against kids who are lucky enough to own nice stuff, because the stereotype is there.

But when you really look at it, I don't think you can really blame the kids for not respecting their gear. They have limited life experience and have not had a real job or know what it takes to get a thousand or so dollars to buy the items their parents are able to get for them.

They just want to play paintball and be the best they can possible be at the sport. And many times they believe they need the best guns to do that, because that's what the pros use and the price tag reflects that. They just dont have the game experience to know that its not the gun the makes the player.

So while its a Damn shame to see nice guns being disrespected on the field, dont be too hard on the kids, after all, they are just kids.
Fangedterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:16 AM #19
JOHNNY G
little rainbow bomb

JOHNNY G supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeyew
I don't really care that the kids don't value the stuff that they got for free. What bugs me is that they think that they can trash talk just because they have expensive equipment. They need to be able to back up their trash talk with some skills!
That bugs me to. I hate trash talkers I'm there to have a good time you know what I mean

Old 02-03-2012, 11:17 AM #20
Ryan3773 (Banned)
PoopScooper

For me the worst has always been the kids who don't understand why you dont have the new DM gun when you show up at a field like they do, when you know their parents bought it for them. A 11 year old at my field (who left his expensive stuff lay all over) made fun of me (much older than he), for shooting a mini... kids like this are the reason people look down on paintballers.
Ryan3773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:24 AM #21
DocDriza

DocDriza is playing at Living Legends VI
DocDriza has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DocDriza has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY G View Post
I find it's caz they come to the field and think there better then everyone and they don't pay for there own gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post

For me its not that they need to really earn the right to have the freshest gear. If you can afford it, then fine, thats your dime. If its your first time, and you have all this expensive gear, and you talk a lot of ****, then you better realize that I am going to test you and see how good you brand new gun is compared to my older Tippmann. My biggest pet peev is people that have all the new gear acting like they own the place.

ples exuse ny typos
DocDriza is offline   Reply With Quote