PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 02-04-2012, 06:57 PM #169
slightly_XSV
BEER RUN

So now I have to expose myself over the top to shoot cross field? Fudge that ****e.
Advertisement
Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 PM #170
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rique98 View Post
this is going to absolutely blow because snake corners can now send a lane over the top of the snake preventing you from making a crossfield shot the whole game, practically eliminating the objective of a snake player. Looks like it will be snake snap-shooting battles the whole game
Not if you have a good back corner who can watch your *** and give you opportunities with covering fire.

People are saying it will make the D side more dominant, I respectfully disagree. Keep in mind that even though the knuckles aren't there, the D side players still can't be sure where in the snake their opponent is, especially with the elimination of sideline coaching.

Also, the increased crossfield shot opportunities from removing the knuckles means that eliminating the back snake corner player on the break becomes more of a priority. Likewise staying alive and keeping the back snake corner filled become more important. Someone in snake 3 who's a good shot can now easily shoot out the back center and opposite corner guys (depending on the layout of course).

All in all, it seems as though the PSP is moving towards more of a technical game, which is a good thing.

Last edited by SNAKESNIPER : 02-04-2012 at 07:19 PM.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:07 PM #171
ThatGuy86

ThatGuy86 is a Supporting Member
ThatGuy86 plays in the PSP
ThatGuy86 supports our troops
ThatGuy86 plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by slightly_XSV View Post
So now I have to expose myself over the top to shoot cross field? Fudge that ****e.
I'd like to think the PSP and Sup'Air are wise enough that they won't let that happen. Maybe they're planning on using some larger bunkers as knuckles instead of just the mini cakes to allow bigger guys to play the snake now?

RIP DAN DONLON
ThatGuy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:17 PM #172
Nick Brockdorff

has been a member for 10 years
Nick Brockdorff posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
People are saying it will make the D side more dominant, I respectfully disagree. Keep in mind that even though the knuckles aren't there, the D side players still can't be sure where in the snake their opponent is, especially with the elimination of sideline coaching.
If that was an effective strategy, people would not have been playing the knuckles 98 % of the time in the 2011 designs - they would have played the middle or back of the beams

Nick Brockdorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:35 PM #173
leanwitit
Chi town

leanwitit plays in the PSP
leanwitit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
leanwitit plays in the APPA D4 division
this is so stupid ..... its not nppl its PSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
leanwitit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:43 PM #174
andrethegiant
team PENSACOLA GIANTS

andrethegiant owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
andrethegiant has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER

Not if you have a good back corner who can watch your *** and give you opportunities with covering fire.

Also, the increased crossfield shot opportunities from removing the knuckles means that eliminating the back snake corner player on the break becomes more of a priority. Likewise staying alive and keeping the back snake corner filled become more important. Someone in snake 3 who's a good shot can now easily shoot out the back center and opposite corner guys (depending on the layout of course).

All in all, it seems as though the PSP is moving towards more of a technical game, which is a good thing.
Agree with everything you said!
andrethegiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:45 PM #175
LCWRM1K3
Larson

LCWRM1K3 plays in the APPA D3 division
Back to 2002 time to turn down my velocity hello lob shots
LVP
Guns For Sale----Stainless steel freak kit and luxe tipLnib Spire
LCWRM1K3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:45 PM #176
KillNit
I have no opinion!!

KillNit owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ive seen on other sites where people are complaining about "this is why i like nppl" nppl has its place. But if you want a rush, play some x-ball. It sucks for fields, but ive always liked it when its a level playing field and no one knows the field. Thats where you seperate the ballers from the pussies.

I absolutely love change, and knowing that they are gunning for me in the snake corner makes me have to elevate my game.....and bring it.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:50 PM #177
cngpballer
Not failure, Epic Failure

cngpballer supports Team VICIOUS
cngpballer supports Sherwood Forest
cngpballer posts videos on PbNation
cngpballer supports Pev's Paintball
This is probably the stupidest thing ever. Let's just take all of the athleticism out of the game.

This is the problem with paintball. Everyone thinks that there is a "major" problem with the sport and they hope to "revolutionize" it and change it for the better. NOOO. The problem is ignorant people thinking that they have to change everything when it was perfectly fine.

Let's hope Bud Selig redesigns a baseball field....its been the same for too long so it must obviously need changed.
Need EKK gear? I got it! Pm me for details
F/S/T Grills. Bring me flex's or profits.
cngpballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:05 PM #178
dylan_kersey

dylan_kersey plays in the PSP
dylan_kersey is playing at Living Legends V
dylan_kersey owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
dylan_kersey supports Team VICIOUS
dylan_kersey supports Pev's Paintball
dylan_kersey has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
how are you going to be able to shoot towards the middle of the field with out getting you head blown off?
Atlanta Breakout '10
Hot Shot Kids '09
dylan_kersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:07 PM #179
Nick Brockdorff

Here are some examples of how Adrenaline Games envision the bunkers being implemented.

Birds eye view, the initial reaction is "cool" - "new" - "shiny".... until you realise the angles and beams are all the same height as the 2011 beams..... then you start to think about drop balls from both across and in front, and you realise you are screwed,

This new bunker set could have been awesome - if the angles were double as heigh as the beams.... then all the below designs would suddenly work... but they have not thought this one through at all!

(sucks every which way, snake players are taking drop shots from both their front and across the field... even if you play the wire only, paint drops in from across)

(same problem as the first one, except, there is a cake which is playable... now getting to it, is another matter)

(pins are playable, none of the rest is any use)

(can is playable, the rest is not)

(Stick a can in the middle, and this one might actually work )

(just as useless as the first one)

(Rounding the cakes will be a nightmare, because you have so much more open space in front of you!)

(just as useless as the first one)

- the good thing about the cakes as knuckles, was their added height, and that their angle meant you could play the wire a little further forward, so the back of the knuckle protected you from inside..... that is no longer true with these "angles".

Every snake player will be playing on his stomach now, 99 % of the time - like in the "good old 10man days" - except now, the fields are way smaller and people shoot way higher ROF..... it's going to be a nightmare for snake players.

Last edited by Nick Brockdorff : 02-04-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:08 PM #180
p8ntball1o1

p8ntball1o1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
p8ntball1o1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
p8ntball1o1 supports Pev's Paintball
I don't know how I feel about these new bunkers. I will have to wait until I see them for myself at the field.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:10 PM #181
ASR11
if your not 1st...

ASR11 plays in the PSP
ASR11 plays in the APPA D3 division
i want to see a picture of someone standing beside it so i can get a feel for the heighth of it. Then ill judge.
ASR11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:11 PM #182
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan_kersey View Post
how are you going to be able to shoot towards the middle of the field with out getting you head blown off?
I already explained how. Have a good back corner guy who knows how to cover your ***.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:13 PM #183
tchalien
RETIRED LU Coach

Annual Supporting Member
tchalien plays in the PSP
tchalien owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tchalien owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tchalien posts videos on PbNation
tchalien plays in the APPA D4 division
tchalien is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASR11 View Post
i want to see a picture of someone standing beside it so i can get a feel for the heighth of it. Then ill judge.
or see them next to the old beams...
Old 02-04-2012, 08:15 PM #184
Nick Brockdorff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASR11 View Post
Same height as the beams you are used to - there is no difference in height - they are just shorter and more narrow.

Last edited by Nick Brockdorff : 02-04-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:17 PM #185
Nick Brockdorff

Quote:
I already explained how. Have a good back corner guy who knows how to cover your a s s.
Nope, because even if the puts in his mirror, the whole rest of the field can shoot at the snake guy when he pops up.

He does not have a taller bunker to block out parts of the field to play with - he is exposed 90 degrees when he want to do anything but play the wire.

Old 02-04-2012, 08:23 PM #186
??11??
"Big gay Al"

??11?? plays in the PSP
??11?? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
??11?? plays in the APPA D2 division
??11?? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
wtf is wrong with the leagues this year. ill play nppl just because they dident change the field
Dynasty 2:2011-2012
Philly Energy 2013-
??11?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:35 PM #187
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post
Nope, because even if the puts in his mirror, the whole rest of the field can shoot at the snake guy when he pops up.

He does not have a taller bunker to block out parts of the field to play with - he is exposed 90 degrees when he want to do anything but play the wire.
This is where communication between the back corner and snake player becomes essential. back corner spots and communicates to the snake. Result: Gs.
Old 02-04-2012, 08:38 PM #188
Nick Brockdorff

Quote:
This is where communication between the back corner and snake player becomes essential. back corner spots and communicates to the snake. Result: Gs.
You want the corner to be able to watch every player on the field, who has a shot at his front when he pops up over the snake?

Man, you must have a God like snake back on your team

Old 02-04-2012, 09:13 PM #189
Yeti6669
Shoot 'em in the Face

Yeti6669 donated to help Peyton Trent
Yeti6669 posts videos on PbNation
Yeti6669 supports our troops
Yeti6669 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Yeti6669 is a top reviewer
Yeti6669 is Boss
First Impression: Not a fan
Yeti6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.