Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 05:03 AM #211
IcyKoolAid
sugar water+purple=grape
 
IcyKoolAid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SEATTLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Brockdorff View Post


Let me hear you say that again now

even that snake
__________________
grape drank
IcyKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2012, 06:43 AM #212
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks
 
yuik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
i would definitely start playing snake again
__________________
if you have an ebay account and want to make 3$ in paypal for 5 min of your time pm me!
Closed Bolt Ballers!

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 06:45 AM #213
Eldaer
The Gentleman
 
Eldaer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
 has been a member for 10 years
Eldaer is playing at Living Legends VI
Eldaer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Eldaer supports Team VICIOUS
Eldaer posts videos on PbNation
Eldaer has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I think this promotes a lot more flexibility for older paintball teams. Should be an interesting change for sure.
__________________
Old Feedback. +17/-0
Eldaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:47 AM #214
Spazdoc
 
 
Spazdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Winnetka, IL
Annual Supporting Member
Spazdoc is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Spazdoc plays in the PSP
Spazdoc supports our troops
Spazdoc plays in the APPA D3 division
Interesting. I think this will be fun, but only because I don't dive into snake off of break. I understand that the current players that play snake heavily hate this change, because it will require work on a previously unused (or poorly emphasized) skills. At first thought, I agree that it weakens the snake player, and will likely strengthen the 50 and Doritos sides. It will also increase the use of a player at a 30-40 tall bunker just raining paint on the snake to prevent cross field shots from snake.

Without the knuckles, the snake player can no longer pop up behind a bunker and scan for a cross-field shot. Now, the snake player will have to get good at quickly popping up and taking the intended shot, and dropping back down. This will have to be combined with more thought and communication with the coach and corner, along with knowing exactly where the angles are located. I am not saying that the snake players did not do this before, but they have to be much better at it now.

Aside from the monetary problem of updating the field, I like the changes in bunkers to keep things fresh. No different than having a unique layout, like some of the Chicago layouts or off-center 50X placement. Makes us think, rather than going through the same motions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrsir View Post
ewww...thanks god i don't play snake that often.
That's what you think. We're sending you to snake every point now....
__________________
CHICAGO DAMAGE, INC
WISEGUYS

pics of my markers --- old feedback
I want to Buy a Westwood or P&P Supercocker LE Autococker - Contact me
Gearbag sale - tanks, masks, barrels
Spazdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:10 AM #215
Brammie
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Netherlands
Brammie has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Brammie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Where does everyone read that there wont be any knuckles in the snake anymore? From what I read only the regular snake beams get replaced with these bunkers, thus you can still put knuckles in the snake?
Brammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:34 AM #216
1dayteam120
 
 
1dayteam120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Arkansas
Annual Supporting Member
1dayteam120 supports Cereal Killerz 2
1dayteam120 donated to help Peyton Trent
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports Team VICIOUS
1dayteam120 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brammie View Post
Where does everyone read that there wont be any knuckles in the snake anymore? From what I read only the regular snake beams get replaced with these bunkers, thus you can still put knuckles in the snake?
u can tell thats what they have in mind or else there wouldnt be apoint in the elbow bs that they made

PSP is retarded im sick of them changing everything


I wish they would have gotten rid of the mini a's i havent heard a single person say that they like playing them....so why not as the players what they want? afterall i think its their league
__________________
University of Arkansas Razorbacks
Interested in selling an entire gearbag and getting cash now? PM ME I have cash
1dayteam120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:43 AM #217
erikguti
 
 
erikguti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Annual Supporting Member
erikguti donated to help Peyton Trent
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
erikguti supports Team VICIOUS
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti is for the Gunfight
erikguti owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Foolsball 70 View Post
If your worried about wasting money why are you playing paintball in a speed format of play? Pump might be where you need to play jus saying.
You are a dumb !! I pay my Paintballs, maybe your mom Pay yours!!! i love when chumps like you say this!!! Dont you know that alot of people retire this days because they cant afford the money they spend every week!!! i have seen more that 50% of my field friend retire after the last year because they cant afford it!!!! before you say something think twice!! i just said that i waisting more money not that i cant afford it!! You dont know me maybe i can have more money than your complete neighborhood!! i care for the sport not for me!!!
__________________

Last edited by erikguti : 02-05-2012 at 08:46 AM.
erikguti is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:14 AM #218
empire_376
e-mac
 
empire_376's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto,CAN
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikguti View Post
You are a dumb !! I pay my Paintballs, maybe your mom Pay yours!!! i love when chumps like you say this!!! Dont you know that alot of people retire this days because they cant afford the money they spend every week!!! i have seen more that 50% of my field friend retire after the last year because they cant afford it!!!! before you say something think twice!! i just said that i waisting more money not that i cant afford it!! You dont know me maybe i can have more money than your complete neighborhood!! i care for the sport not for me!!!
Dumb.... hmmm

On topic, bunkers are bunkers, I will play regardless of the change.
__________________
Emac.
empire_376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:19 AM #219
Iwannaseenoodz
mods banned 3 accounts
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
All i can say is people are going to start playing the backs of the beams instead of the knuckles now.
__________________
nathan091 v.dgaf
Gearbag Sale

Death from above ego9
Iwannaseenoodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:30 AM #220
Andocommando
Honey Badger don't care
 
Andocommando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: ARkansas
 has been a member for 10 years
Andocommando plays in the PSP
Andocommando posts videos on PbNation
This walk make walking the field a MUCH more important skill now
__________________
POINT BLANK
PAINTBALL ARKANSAS
VALKEN SPORTS

www.facebook.com/paintballarkansas
Andocommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:46 AM #221
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17
 
CVeaglespaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NYC
CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
This shouldn't be that big of a deal for snake players. The field I play at has a field with a snake without knuckles and as long you're quick and unpredictable with your movements, you'll be fine. It might take a little getting used to, but seriously, if your paying all that money on practice, gear, paint, and entry, you better be ready for anything they throw at you. But from a field owner's perspective, PSP needs to cool it with field updates. I like the every 2 years idea. Keeps things fresh and is a lot less demanding on an owner's wallet.
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:32 AM #222
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazdoc View Post
Interesting. I think this will be fun, but only because I don't dive into snake off of break. I understand that the current players that play snake heavily hate this change, because it will require work on a previously unused (or poorly emphasized) skills. At first thought, I agree that it weakens the snake player, and will likely strengthen the 50 and Doritos sides. It will also increase the use of a player at a 30-40 tall bunker just raining paint on the snake to prevent cross field shots from snake.
....which will take the attention off of other parts of the field, which will make changes to a team's entire strategy. I like it, shakes things up.

Quote:
Without the knuckles, the snake player can no longer pop up behind a bunker and scan for a cross-field shot. Now, the snake player will have to get good at quickly popping up and taking the intended shot, and dropping back down. This will have to be combined with more thought and communication with the coach and corner, along with knowing exactly where the angles are located. I am not saying that the snake players did not do this before, but they have to be much better at it now.
Exactly my previous point. Communication becomes much more crucial.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:33 AM #223
robs45
Big Man
 
robs45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mi.
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
robs45 donated to help Peyton Trent
robs45 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
robs45 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
robs45 is Immortal
robs45 supports DLX Technology
Not sure if I missed it or not, but can Damien or someone verify the actual height of the new beams?? Thank you.
__________________
Cockers????? Someone say cockers????
robs45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:46 AM #224
stingi17
Hungry Huskies
 
stingi17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CT
stingi17 plays in the PSP
stingi17 supports our troops
stingi17 is an NCPA player
stingi17 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
stingi17 plays in the APPA D4 division
stingi17 is Boss
I agree with the idea that it changes the strategy, but as a guy that has to go to the snake off the break, I don't like this. In my opinion, gone are the days that I could delay into the snake, now its a hard run in and then probably chilling on your stomach for a bit.
__________________
UConn Huskies
Yacht Life
stingi17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:17 AM #225
Fred67x
Texas
 
Fred67x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 956
Annual Supporting Member
Fred67x plays in the PSP
Fred67x is playing at Living Legends VII
Fred67x is playing at Living Legends VIII
Fred67x owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Fred67x supports Empire
Damn this will change things a bit..
__________________
TEAM PDK-"Honor,Talent and a lot of EGO.."...
Power by:Planet Eclipse - KEE Action - Empire - RPS - EVIL



"Take Risks If you win you will be happy;
If you lose,you will be wise."
Fred67x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:32 AM #226
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Quote:
Originally Posted by stingi17 View Post
I agree with the idea that it changes the strategy, but as a guy that has to go to the snake off the break, I don't like this. In my opinion, gone are the days that I could delay into the snake, now its a hard run in and then probably chilling on your stomach for a bit.
I run directly into the snake on break a LOT. I don't think it'll change anything much, aside from the fact you'll have to get right up against the "L" right away and like you said, chill on your stomach until you shoot the opposing snake-side back corner player.

As others have said, this will make shooting the tape more of a priority for the snake. My back hurts already lol.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:53 PM #227
jk178206
 
 
jk178206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lancaster, Ohio
jk178206 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
jk178206 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jk178206 supports Team VICIOUS
jk178206 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dayteam120 View Post
u can tell thats what they have in mind or else there wouldnt be apoint in the elbow bs that they made

PSP is retarded im sick of them changing everything


I wish they would have gotten rid of the mini a's i havent heard a single person say that they like playing them....so why not as the players what they want? afterall i think its their league
Hey! I love the Mini "A's"
__________________
Edmonton Impact Geo 2
jk178206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:57 PM #228
drowninglesson91
 
 
drowninglesson91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MD
 has been a member for 10 years
Looks like the snake I learned to play in a long time ago.
__________________
drowninglesson91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:20 PM #229
JTBaller203
 
 
JTBaller203's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Rowland, NC
JTBaller203 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JTBaller203 plays in the APPA D4 division
those bunkers look stupid.
__________________
MK + 1OG
JTBaller203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:31 PM #230
Alpha Q Up
G.T.O.L
 
Alpha Q Up's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Cincinnati, OH
 has been a member for 10 years
Alpha Q Up plays in the PSP
Alpha Q Up owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Alpha Q Up has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Alpha Q Up is an NCPA player
coming over the top from the snake used to work.... back when we had mechanical guns!... that shot 8bps and would break paint.

now we have guns that can consistently shoot/spray 12.5 bps across the snake and shoot people in the face all day when they try to come over the top.

the game has changed !!! think about it!
Alpha Q Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:41 PM #231
jtprotium the second
Danny
 
jtprotium the second's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Annual Supporting Member
jtprotium the second plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jtprotium the second plays in the APPA D1 division
Oh gosh.
jtprotium the second is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump