Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2012, 04:22 PM #106
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17
 
CVeaglespaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NYC
CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
We literally destroyed the stage haha. The crowd took over the mic, threw SFTP's screamer into the pit, and knocked over half the PA system. SFTP said it was the most ridiculous show they played on the entire tour, which was awesome cause I was at the smallest venue on the tour
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2012, 04:34 PM #107
peepers471
(>^_^)>
 
peepers471's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 315
Saw Knuckle Up!, Belie my Burial, Back and Forth, and Fortress last night. **** got crazy.
__________________
Old feedback. 9+/0-
peepers471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 AM #108
LeetSawse
Grab the Gauge
 
LeetSawse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 301 , MD


__________________
AS THE KINGDOM FALLS

One nation under the gun
STEAM ID:UnderReprisal
LeetSawse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:46 AM #109
Porkins McClarin
HAVOC
 
Porkins McClarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Porkins McClarin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Porkins McClarin posts videos on PbNation
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
your guys concert experiences sounds awesome, when i went to see the band killwhitneydead a few years back i tried headwalking and fell onto the stage and knocked their cameraman off some of the best live shows ive seen were theirs, heres a video of theirs that shows alot of that craziness.

__________________
Gear bag Sale:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post73476714

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM 2008-2009 US ARMY PARATROOPER

TEAM HAVOC
FEEL THE PAIN, REMEMBER THE NAME!
Porkins McClarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:11 AM #110
Gnarly Whyn (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012


here's some real metalcore, how do you like it
Gnarly Whyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:21 AM #111
Porkins McClarin
HAVOC
 
Porkins McClarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Porkins McClarin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Porkins McClarin posts videos on PbNation
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Whyn View Post


here's some real metalcore, how do you like it
its not really what i would consider metalcore, like i see where your coming from the fuse the trash sound with the hardcore punk sound, (it might just be this particular song) but to me it sounds more like just a thrash band... i was never really able to get into the trash stuff, theres some slayer i like and thats about it for me.
__________________
Gear bag Sale:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post73476714

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM 2008-2009 US ARMY PARATROOPER

TEAM HAVOC
FEEL THE PAIN, REMEMBER THE NAME!
Porkins McClarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 AM #112
edudcixlsyd
ya boi
 
edudcixlsyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: TX
>doesn't recognize who the Cro-Mags are
>not metalcore
>just a thrash band
>can't get into thrash
>oh lawd!
__________________
you can't carry the load, you can't handle the weight
not like them boys up out that Lone Star State so get it straight
edudcixlsyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:54 AM #113
Gnarly Whyn (Banned)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
here's more original metalcore



Metalcore should be a combination of the more complex riffing found in metal (specifically more melodic forms of death metal, i.e. that's why I can't stand most of the bands listed in this thread, they're literal ripoffs of at the gates plus some generic hardcore breakdowns) with the breakdowns and simplicity of punk/hardcore music.

There's metalcore, and there is sludge. They're the two big punk/metal hybrids.

What defines metalcore in your opinion.
Gnarly Whyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:20 AM #114
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly Whyn View Post
What defines metalcore in your opinion.
UFC! TAPOUT SHIRTS! Breakdowns! THROWDOWN!
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:07 PM #115
Porkins McClarin
HAVOC
 
Porkins McClarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Porkins McClarin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Porkins McClarin posts videos on PbNation
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
integrity has been mentioned before, i dig their sound, would i go out of my way to buy their album, probably not, but i like their sound nonetheless, the thing is i agree with you about what metalcore is:
Quote:
more complex riffing found in metal (specifically more melodic forms of death metal
but integrity sounded more like a post hardcore band, their riffing wasnt terribly melodic or technical.

based on your description of metal core i think a great example is unearth, ive mentioned them a few times, but check out this song and tell me what you think of them based on your description.




the whole purpose of making this thread was to learn about bands i didnt know of or know much about, so bringin stuff like the cro-mags to the conversation is totally awesome, keep it up man, the thing i dont get is the elitist standpoint you all take, you like what you like and i get why, and i like what i like, but what are you accomplishing coming into the thread and making fun of people for what they like... and tapout shirts are lame, its like affliction clothing, its for badasses who want to be totally trendy
__________________
Gear bag Sale:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post73476714

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM 2008-2009 US ARMY PARATROOPER

TEAM HAVOC
FEEL THE PAIN, REMEMBER THE NAME!
Porkins McClarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:47 PM #116
XcharlieMANSON
It's a dirty game
 
XcharlieMANSON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Ohio
Because making fun of the music and the people that like it is a fun way of letting you know that its lame as ****. And like Tapout and Affliction, most of these bands are trendy garbage.
__________________
Before they get a chance, I'm on the next exit
pockets still swoll like a ***** 9 months pregnant

That's right lady, that's what you get for letting him out here with killas!
Steam-Frankenchrist
PSN-XcharlieMANSON
XcharlieMANSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:04 PM #117
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Oh and by the way: Thrash, or more accurately known as speed metal, IS a fusion of punk and heavy metal. More specifically that new wave of British heavy metal. Which is why cro-mags sound like thrash to you. Even though they aren't. As a matter of fact, thrash and speed metal were once known to be separate.

The reason people, myself included, make fun of these bands and their fans is because it is a block-headed amalgam of cliches. Each of these modern metalcore/deathcore bands compose music from the most basic elements from death metal and hardcore punk. The result is obvious, boring, and stale.

Let me make an example:

Compare a lush forest to a park.

The park has elements which it shares with the forest. It has trees. It has some wildlife roaming around. It has some bushes running along the perimeter.

The park lacks adventure, it lacks danger. It does not have the richness or diversity of the forest.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 PM #118
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I also don't think any of these bands take anything they do seriously:



And why the **** are all the shirts colorful and childish?



It seems as if all of these bands are just out to have fun. Which speaks to why the music is so poor. They have nothing serious to say.

I don't get it. For copying the superficial aspects of death metal and punk, it does a really bad job. It's not really that aggressive or heavy. Especially considering that some of their lyrics are trying to copy death metal and pretend to be morbid. It's very conformist, which is against the hardcore punk they try to copy.

Last edited by Iamamartianchurch : 02-20-2012 at 01:27 PM.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 PM #119
Porkins McClarin
HAVOC
 
Porkins McClarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Porkins McClarin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Porkins McClarin posts videos on PbNation
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Oh and by the way: Thrash, or more accurately known as speed metal, IS a fusion of punk and heavy metal. More specifically that new wave of British heavy metal. Which is why cro-mags sound like thrash to you. Even though they aren't. As a matter of fact, thrash and speed metal were once known to be separate.

The reason people, myself included, make fun of these bands and their fans is because it is a block-headed amalgam of cliches. Each of these modern metalcore/deathcore bands compose music from the most basic elements from death metal and hardcore punk. The result is obvious, boring, and stale.

Let me make an example:

Compare a lush forest to a park.

The park has elements which it shares with the forest. It has trees. It has some wildlife roaming around. It has some bushes running along the perimeter.

The park lacks adventure, it lacks danger. It does not have the richness or diversity of the forest.
ok i can see where your coming from, but i respectfully disagree, are there bands out there that are just awful, yeah sure, but its all opinionated. and to me it seems like yall are kind of beating a dead horse here, because no matter how much you say i and my preferred music types suck you still wont change my mind. i encourage you guys to post here with stuff that might bridge some gaps for me, i really liked listening to cro-mags and integrity, all im asking for is some respect, you dont see me going into your guys metal thread and flaming everything you post do you?
__________________
Gear bag Sale:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post73476714

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM 2008-2009 US ARMY PARATROOPER

TEAM HAVOC
FEEL THE PAIN, REMEMBER THE NAME!
Porkins McClarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:28 PM #120
Porkins McClarin
HAVOC
 
Porkins McClarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Porkins McClarin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Porkins McClarin posts videos on PbNation
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post

It seems as if all of these bands are just out to have fun. Which speaks to why the music is so poor. They have nothing serious to say.
dude, thats just wildly ignorant, you basically jut said, 'if you have fun, you cant be talented, you cant have any kind of skill, you cant be taken seriously...'

have you ever been to an amusement park, or had pillow fight, or played a video game? if you answered yes to any of those questions then you arent very 'br00t' now are you?
__________________
Gear bag Sale:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post73476714

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM 2008-2009 US ARMY PARATROOPER

TEAM HAVOC
FEEL THE PAIN, REMEMBER THE NAME!
Porkins McClarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 PM #121
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins McClarin View Post
ok i can see where your coming from, but i respectfully disagree, are there bands out there that are just awful, yeah sure, but its all opinionated. and to me it seems like yall are kind of beating a dead horse here, because no matter how much you say i and my preferred music types suck you still wont change my mind. i encourage you guys to post here with stuff that might bridge some gaps for me, i really liked listening to cro-mags and integrity, all im asking for is some respect, you dont see me going into your guys metal thread and flaming everything you post do you?
You asked why we took an elitist stand. I answered.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:35 PM #122
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins McClarin View Post
dude, thats just wildly ignorant, you basically jut said, 'if you have fun, you cant be talented, you cant have any kind of skill, you cant be taken seriously...'

have you ever been to an amusement park, or had pillow fight, or played a video game? if you answered yes to any of those questions then you arent very 'br00t' now are you?
I never said anything about skill and talent. At all. Ever.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Pillow fights =/= Morbidity

How are you going to write lyrics like this:
Let us rape, let us murder,
A night to sate thine perverted desires,
A night on which to watch them die,

and pillow fight while wearing reptar from the rugrats on your shirt?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:36 PM #123
Porkins McClarin
HAVOC
 
Porkins McClarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Porkins McClarin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Porkins McClarin posts videos on PbNation
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
alright, well now to get back on track The Black Dahlia Murder just released the video for 'Moonlight Equilibrium' i am not going to post a link because there is some nudity at the end of the video, however it did get released and if your interested in watching a quick google search should pull it right up for you.
__________________
Gear bag Sale:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post73476714

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM 2008-2009 US ARMY PARATROOPER

TEAM HAVOC
FEEL THE PAIN, REMEMBER THE NAME!
Porkins McClarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:38 PM #124
Porkins McClarin
HAVOC
 
Porkins McClarin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Porkins McClarin owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Porkins McClarin posts videos on PbNation
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Porkins McClarin has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I never said anything about skill and talent. At all. Ever.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Pillow fights =/= Morbidity

How are you going to write lyrics like this:
Let us rape, let us murder,
A night to sate thine perverted desires,
A night on which to watch them die,

and pillow fight while wearing reptar from the rugrats on your shirt?
you alluded to the idea that because they have fun their music is poor, whatever its semantics. and how because why not? they dont do what every metal band does? i think that speaks VOLUMES about their ideas of conformity (you dropped that word)
__________________
Gear bag Sale:http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post73476714

OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM 2008-2009 US ARMY PARATROOPER

TEAM HAVOC
FEEL THE PAIN, REMEMBER THE NAME!
Porkins McClarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:44 PM #125
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins McClarin View Post
you alluded to the idea that because they have fun their music is poor, whatever its semantics. and how because why not? they dont do what every metal band does? i think that speaks VOLUMES about their ideas of conformity (you dropped that word)
The only thing I alluded to is the fact that the music is insincere. It isn't **** because the musicians don't have skill, they do. It is **** because they don't take themselves or their work seriously. I don't think conformity is a bad thing. Unless you are conforming to something really really stupid. Non-conformance however, is an element of hardcore punk.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:48 PM #126
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Metal by and large is violent and aggressive music. Covering yourself in blood and bullets is a logical extension to the songs.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump