PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-13-2012, 08:27 AM #64
prologix
Now:running with scissors

has been a member for 10 years
Have you looked at how much extra you could play if you keep the mini and use the $$$ for extra play time? I am guessing you got $1200 and for me a day is about $100 so have you considered spending that $ to increase your skills, I mean a mini is not garbage and you said yourself the skills need improving. I set my sons up with older markers (cheaper) and pay for them to play more, if they get the skills, then I will help them move up in markers, but the used market makes a whole lot of sense. You may want to look to see if there is a group you can practice speedball, those skills will translate to rec ball. You may want to grab a mid priced pump to increase your play time even more, it is time on the field that matters, not the time polishing your marker.
Attending: Blazing Saddles @ LVP 5/3/2014
1) Yes I have gold ups, no I do not need them. We could do a deal I suppose. 2) Hey, when we talk price lets talk all inclusive (shipping and paypal fees).
prologix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-14-2012, 10:46 AM #65
Dark Reckoning

Dark Reckoning supports Pev's Paintball
Dark Reckoning plays in the APPA D4 division
In the end it's your money and playing experience. If you want to get a high end marker as a rec baller go for it! Just make sure you maintain it and don't rub it in people's face. After all the definition of recreation is: Activity done for enjoyment when one is not working. So if it makes you happy then do it!!
Old 03-22-2012, 11:19 AM #66
SDJuNi0R
FRESSSHHHH

SDJuNi0R owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
SDJuNi0R owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
No, buy whatever you want, Its your money. Just know what your getting yourself into like they said. Dont go buy a luxe or BL or something without knowing how to mess with them or youll find yourself shelling out alot more $$$$ at the shop to get them tech'd. I made that mistake when I first started, I got a karnivor autococker and I didnt even know how to time it.
Old 03-22-2012, 11:28 AM #67
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
People buy fast cars all the time and never take them to the track.

Other players will be envious for sure, but that's part of the fun of owning cool gear. Spend what you can afford to and enjoy it.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:03 PM #68
TreyV
Reality based citizen.

Annual Supporting Member
TreyV is a Supporting Member
TreyV is a founding member
TreyV is playing at Living Legends VII
TreyV is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumzy View Post
It's funny when people buy high ends guns and get up to the chrono and look clueless.. DON'T BE THAT GUY
Big-fat-dot This.

Also, people don't look down on the green recballer with the expensive gear. They look down at the recballer who obviously should have spent that money on playing more paintball instead.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM #69
What's hattnin

In all reality man I hate to say it but yes most likely there will be the one guy who drank to much Haterade that day and will give you **** about how you don't deserve that equipment but who cares? I'm a little past your stage and I get talked down to alot untill they play a match with me and get to know me. Just take everyone with a grain of salt and play with whatever gear you think you need/want. Hey man to each their own just go have fun and you'll realize everyone is there to do the same exact thing.
What's hattnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:18 PM #70
DefStatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatchetwarrior1246 View Post
I dont ever tell them this, but the feild I used to work at I loved to kids who had brand new guns and no idea how to use them. Their parents sold me egos,droids and DM's for about 400 brand new because their kid swore it was broke. The hardest repair I had on one of those guns was the dye needed lubing.

I was a kid, I feel bad but I made out okay lol
Hopefully you got the stank of doucheness off you with age...

No wonder the sport went downhill...

- 1WD > 4WD > 2WD
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:50 PM #71
DJ_Bizarre
-Knuckles- GotKills?

Annual Supporting Member
DJ_Bizarre owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Not at all, if you want nice gear then go for it, but yea it needs to be well maintained, otherwise to me, its like having a nice car and beating it to hell. As long as you are willing to learn more about the equipment and the sport, go for it