Annual Supporting Member
o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y plays in the APPA D4 division
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by scroadkill View Post
IMO: the skilled player should gear back for recball, not up.
I feel the same way. When I head out for rec ball and I can see it's heavily stacked with newbs, I'll bring a pump and maybe a pod.

If I see it's got a good healthy mix, I'll bring out the mag or mech cocker, and if it's got mostly experienced guys with electros, then it's fair game for whatever I'm in the mood for. (at this point, still usually pumps )

NORCAL CLASSIC#09
ANSgear / Zephyr / 31st Outfitters / Cutting Edge Paintball Shop / Santa Clara Paintball / American Paintball Park

Dangerous Power Rev-I // Angel Speed 05 FST // Both with extras!
Box O' Timmy parts!
"To kill for yourself is Murder, to kill for your country is Heroic, to kill for entertainment is Harmless"
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2012, 06:42 PM #44
Fangedterror
Pump Zone

I think its frowned upon to be a cocky prick on the fields. And more often then not I find the cocky ones are the ones with the new gear and high end marker. But as long as your a decent human being, no one is going to think twice about what gun you got.
Fangedterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:30 PM #45
quiksilver2031

quiksilver2031 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
quiksilver2031 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i agree. who cares about the money, who cares about maintaining it. the biggest concern is dont be a d bag. dont go into a rec ball game with ur gun shooting 25 bps just because you can. destroying kids with rental equipment is the biggest concern id have. so i agree with the guy above me as long as you are decent go for it. just dont be a d bag about it
MiKe CaRtHy #44 In CaRtHy We TrUsT
quiksilver2031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:49 PM #46
LakelandBaller

LakelandBaller is playing at Living Legends V
LakelandBaller is for the Gunfight
LakelandBaller has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
LakelandBaller has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Who gives a **** what people think I could care less if you have a solid gold 18k luxe as long as you take care of your stuff and aren't a dick all the power to yah
Old 02-29-2012, 08:36 PM #47
boobie817

boobie817 is playing at Living Legends V
boobie817 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
im a rec baller. i play once a month if the funds allow. I have a dm9 dm7 eblade ule mag. just bought a new dye navigator and tons of gear after a 5 year hiatus. i can take care of all my gear, its part of the fun. i rather have nice gear thats reliable than a rental that some kids has been thrashing all day. i dont care what people think about my gear. let them worry about the paint ill be flinging at them. just have fun. thats whats important.
boobie817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 PM #48
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a G6R, and whenever I play rec-ball (rarely now) I either use my pump, or aim for pod packs, hoppers, or the chest protectors if they have them.
paintballoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:15 PM #49
Ressurection
Don't call it a comeback.

Ressurection has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ressurection has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I used to play constantly had a job bought a pm8 then went to college and couldn't afford to keep playing then when I got arrested (public intoxication friend got in a fight I stayed I went to jail such is life lol) I had to sell my gear... Anyway got back into the sport and until I get back in the rhythm of playing and maintenance I bought a g4 to practice with and learn to maintain

And honestly what people think should never be a factor in how you spend YOUR money or anything else if it makes you happy go for it

If you know how to maintain it get it that money doesnt come with you when you die live it up ....if you don't it can be rather frustrating
Ressurection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:03 AM #50
zraven7

Buy an awesome marker, by all means. Just know how to use what you buy. Read up on it on the company's forums, ask people at the field and in here who already own it, watch youtube videos on general maintenence and how to fix common problems. Know what your markers parts are called, what is likely to need attention. I don't care if I see a guy with a Silver Eagle or an Angel, if he's treating the thing like a lover, more power to him, I'll be proud of him when he shoots me.

Some advice though, keep your mini. Don't sell it. They're darned good markers, and you already know your way around it. You need a good backup, and I can almost assure you, no matter how shiny your new marker of terror is gonna be, there will be the smallest things that you'll like better on your mini (no pun intended).
zraven7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:04 AM #51
gobnugget33

I agree with pretty much everything said here, ive gotten into paintball pretty heavy last season playing about 8 times a month. I am by no means a pro player and recently i went all out spent about 1500 in gear, not because i thought it would make me any better, just because i wanted quality products that i could enjoy for years. I had that feeling for a moment that people would down on me for having all the gear and being an amateur, but then again i could care less what people think. I feel being modest and not a cocky ******* on the field is everything. Being easy on the kids and newbs with rentals is very important too, yeah i play with my axe pretty much every game but i will always go for the one ball on kids and first timers. i think some people forget that this is supposed to be FUN, thats why i play.
gobnugget33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:04 PM #52
cs_590

You shouldn't worry about what other people think find a marker that works with your play style. . .however I do recommend not jumping to a 12 hundred dollar marker without trying the mid range one first. Good Luck!
cs_590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:13 PM #53
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I dont care what you have, I dont like spoiled kids who have gear from their parents and have no clue how to take care of it, they have no value in what their parents have given them. When their gear breaks they expect the techs to fix it for them. Not that its not the techs job but when a kid brings a 1000 gun into the shop *****ing its not working only to learn how to air it up, little over the top. So my hatred lies with spoiled kid, o and the d-bags but thats another story.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:43 PM #54
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
There is no skill required to have nice gear. If you have the money and you know that you really like paintball and want to keep playing it for a long time then go ahead and buy an expensive marker. As long as you take care of it (clean it before and after everyday of playing paintball) then who cares what other people think? It is your money and you have the right to use it however you want. Even if you aren't the best player right now, simply having confidence in yourself and your equipment will eventually make you a better player. Just have to stick with it.
Xal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:58 PM #55
Tiberius <3
Pistol Paintballer

I agree with most of what's being said, but personally i think that anything over 10 BPS is pretty unnecessary for rec ball. The guys i play with allow only stick feed, or 50 round hoppers.

I play with pistols 70% of the time, so all the better for me!
Tiberius <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:02 PM #56
Xal
Red Text

Xal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Xal posts videos on PbNation
Xal has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Xal is attending Decay of Nations VI
Yeah it depends who you play with, sounds like you only play with pump players tiberius so yeah in that case I would play with pistols too haha, sounds like a lot of fun.
Xal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM #57
fellar14
Patch is a Patch

fellar14 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fellar14 supports Team VICIOUS
fellar14 is for the Gunfight
fellar14 plays in the APPA D5 division
fellar14 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
fellar14 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Buy what ever gun you want. Those kids with the high end guns are just supporting the sport, if I had parents that would buy me that stuff I would definitely have them too. Why not, if your going to be bunkered you can at least look good getting bunkered.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:57 PM #58
GivenRandy

Annual Supporting Member
People will frown on you for anything that is different from them. Just shoot them and watch them walk off the field.
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:00 PM #59
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by fellar14 View Post
Why not, if your going to be bunkered you can at least look good getting bunkered.
Lol.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:56 PM #60
jdsinglebarrel

I would say it should not matter what other people are thinking. If people frown upon someone just because of their gear then that's their choice and an immature reason at that. Just go out and have fun. If you have the money and want some quality then go for it.
jdsinglebarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:49 PM #61
robot0ninja

that depends, is a high end gun really worth that much more? an axe can last you just as long and be just as reliable as any other gun. i mean seriously, save $500 on the gun and play about 8 more times this season. get nice things that make a days play go by easier such as: a nice, large gear bag, a really good comfortable mask, a hopper thats extremely dependable (many more hoppers go down than guns) get a paintball caddy, get a nice barrel/kit, get a parts kit for your gun, upgrade your tank if you need to, get some things on your gun that would be nice (on/off asa, clamping feedneck). if your gun works well, i just say keep it. and if even if you do need a new gun, look at the axe. i guarantee you there is not a gun that will have such a high performance that you will notice a difference. unless of course you buy an angel, then you are really paying for quality, not a name brand

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:13 PM #62
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
i agree with most in here its not about the gun its player and your own mindset.. my axe shoots just as good AND as fast as my csl, my dm12, even my mq2 karni. What i love to laugh at is the kids that dont know anything about their gun or who dont care for their guns. (ex. watched a kid drop his bolt after he just lubed it, it hit ground was covered in dirt/sand what he do blew on it and stuck it in the gun and said its fine.) Another common problem is kids dont understand concept of battery life in their markers why wont it shoot only makes this small pop sound.. u change battery? they go no do youhave to it still says full.. Also it sucks but read your D*mn manual it tells you everything you need to know about your gun board settings, how to adjust pressures, lubing, dissasembly, everything is in their learn to read or have someone read to you..
PaulE2Cocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:17 PM #63
PaulE2Cocker

PaulE2Cocker owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Forgot this its also all about paint to barrel match. good paint with good barrel bore= straight lazers.. Crappy paint and just anyold barrel you get zig zag paintballs.. those two things determine how straight that paint flies not the marker.. marker quality affects things like shot consitancy, efficency, recoill or kick, weight things like that..
PaulE2Cocker is online now   Reply With Quote