PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2012, 01:19 PM #1
fenixmark

WGP Black Mgaic help

hello all,

just got a e2'd 2005 black magic cocker, mint gun but i have a few questions for the whizz kids.

1) how do i time it?
2) how do i adjust velocity?
3) what oils should i use etc?
4) how do i set the regs to be most efficient?

cheers for help
fenixmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2012, 02:15 PM #2
Dk-79
SCHWING!

has been a member for 10 years
Dk-79 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Timing can be a bit tricky, but the easiest and most reliable settings are the factory settings. If you take off the right grip panel there's a red button, push it and it'll bring up the timing menu. Factory fast is what you want, it'll be 12-13bps reliably.

There's two ways to adjust velociy, the IVG (Brass hex nut under the bolt, behind the back block). The IVG should be about two turns in from flush, and the FPS should mainly be changed by the regulator.

Basic 3in1, tool oil, gold cup, or sewing machine oil work. A few drops in the ASA before you screw in your tank and 20-30 dry fires will lube all the internals fairly well.

The last bit is called sweet spotting. It's a bit hard to describe, but if you know how bell curves work, it's the same principle. If your IVG stays at a constant, and as you raise your inline reg pressure there will come a point when there will be too much pressure behind the valve for the hammer to open it fully.

The point right before the FPS starts to drop due to over pressurizing the valve is called the sweet spot. The stronger the hammer spring or the further the IVG is screwed in will change the tipping point of when the valve won't open as it should.

The sweetspot is the point where the valve has the greatest FPS at the lowest dwell. Giving you the best efficiency.
Dk-79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:09 PM #3
fenixmark

excellent thank you very much for the help. the ivg appears different on the black magic as it does not have the back block that moves like other cockers does. i assume its still the same principle? if this is taken out there is a spring in there so if i do 2 turns from flush and see how i get on then adjust HPR see what happens

do you know what i should expect to get from a 3k/45?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:16 PM #4
Dk-79
SCHWING!

Those steel tanks aren't so great, but cockers can be extremely efficient. Upwards of a case on a 68/4.5k fill. I'd think 1000 shots would be a high mark to shoot for, though you could easily get 3-5 pods.

You're spot on about the IVG, forgot about the new black magic. My taste in cockers is pretty old school.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:20 PM #5
fenixmark

so is mine but this was far to big a bargain to miss. i am using a carbon fibre tank but my local site only fills to 3k which is a pity.

iv used eclipse gun oil to lube that alright? i do know a little about cockers but been years since i owned one and i still want the other style one too.

what happens if i screw in 2 turns on the ivg and cant get a decent consistant velocity when adjusting the HPR? do i try the IVG in a bit more and try? really should get a chrono and a scuba tank for home use!
Old 01-31-2012, 02:20 AM #6
Dk-79
SCHWING!

Yeah, if your sweetspot is too low, just turn your IVG in a quarter turn and start over until you're where you'd like to be. You shouldn't ever have to go over 350PSI, and eclipse oil is just fine.

3k fills aren't so bad if you have all day air. There's not a whole lot of sense in shooting more than five pods every two games anyway.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 PM #7
fenixmark

what i would like to know now is how to i adjust the cocking distance of the bolt i noticed today,(after watching the autococker show by ******) that when i pull the bolt back it cocks but still some bolt visible in the breach, granted is only small but it seems alot more than it should be. i think i understood how to do it on a full body cocker but not a mid block. is it done by screwing in the lug screw or is it something else?

oh and when you say flush ivg then screw in two turns, define flush is it flush that the threads are level with the body or end cap as its rounded etc.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:56 PM #8
fenixmark

altough after watching joe riegers video of it i think the bolt might be ok as when its full back it clears the breach.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:59 PM #9
ooo itz nasty

I think that's how far the bolt should be yet im not sure.. that's how it sit's on my 06 only problem I had was dialing in the lpr.. gl for a fellow 06 owner what color's is it??
also make sure your detent's arn't to far in it can mess up the bolt an make it stick..
ooo itz nasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 07:30 PM #10
fenixmark

iv got a new detent on order casue this ones mashed. its the black/clear fade its mint condition well chuffed with it, the lad who owned it before me was a douche so il get it setup properly and see what happens.