PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-05-2012, 02:31 PM #85
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
It's amazing people are going to elect another Obama, after claiming they would not elect Obama again and felt ashamed for being deceived in 2008. Those same people, are either being deceived again, or voting for Mitt due to religious love over him. It's really ****ing sad.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:29 AM #86
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Could someone actually provide some sources to show just how similar Romney's and Obama's political strategies are? Everyone keeps commenting on how similar they are, but their posts are baseless and void of any actual content.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:06 AM #87
Matt.is.back2011
#IBelieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
Could someone actually provide some sources to show just how similar Romney's and Obama's political strategies are? Everyone keeps commenting on how similar they are, but their posts are baseless and void of any actual content.
Mitt Romney isn't Ron Paul, duh. Therefore, he's as bad as Obama.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:29 AM #88
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
They are both backed by Goldman Sachs.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/romn...1/27/id/425780

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-04-20/p..._s=PM:POLITICS

They both support the wars and patriot act.

They both have the same view on abortion when Romney isn't busy flip flopping on the matter.

They both have similar healthcare programs.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...872035080.html

The moths & atheists are doubly divine & dying” - Jim Morrison
$h@key J0nEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 AM #89
xChinox
Play Hard Practice Harder

xChinox owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xChinox is an NCPA player
xChinox plays in the APPA beginner division
xChinox has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The fact that he wants to make the United States military stronger than ever before, as if we aren't the strongest in the world. Where the hell does he plan to get the funds for that? He'd have to make serious cuts in welfare and medicaid if he wants to fund our continuing conquest of imperialism. He says he wants to balance the budget but increase military strength? Only idiots fall for this stuff. This shows just how stupid the average American voters are.
RonPaul2012:Revolution
xChinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:27 AM #90
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by $h@key J0nEZ View Post

Saying a State mandated health program is the same as a Federally mandated health program is quite a bit of a stretch. It is well within a State's rights to do something like that.

The Federal government currently has no authority to mandate the purchasing of health insurance (much like there is no authority for SS and a bunch of other programs on a federal level). If you REALLY want on a federal level, make an amendment. That should pass... right?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:38 AM #91
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Saying a State mandated health program is the same as a Federally mandated health program is quite a bit of a stretch. It is well within a State's rights to do something like that.

The Federal government currently has no authority to mandate the purchasing of health insurance (much like there is no authority for SS and a bunch of other programs on a federal level). If you REALLY want on a federal level, make an amendment. That should pass... right?
I understand what you are saying but there is no denying that there are some similarities between the two plans. This article demonstrates a few of them.

http://agentlemansview.com/2011/10/1...-vs-obamacare/

Old 02-06-2012, 11:58 AM #92
Treghc

Quote:
They are both backed by Goldman Sachs.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/romn...1/27/id/425780

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-04-20/p..._s=PM:POLITICS

They both support the wars and patriot act.

[VIDEp://youtu.be/EjaXfwuGmxg[/video]

They both have the same view on abortion when Romney isn't busy flip flopping on the matter.

What about individual policies? These are all pretty blanket statements, some of which don't really matter.

It's very easy for candidates to be on side A or side B of a two-sided issue. To me, that doesn't make them the same type of candidate. What economic policies do they both plan to implement to help our current situation? What foreign policies will change or take place? What are their views on government-funded agencies and departments and what sort of funding/action would they give towards them? Has Romney stated who else he would want to place in his cabinet? How do those people's views differ from Obama's cabinet?

This forum has been riddled with blanket statements and simple "Yeah! You're right!" lemming-like following when it comes to presidential candidates. Can someone actually dissect each candidate so we can truly see where they are alike or where they differentiate from one another?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien

Last edited by Treghc : 02-06-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:24 PM #93
$h@key J0nEZ
Southern By The

Quote:
What about individual policies? These are all pretty blanket statements, some of which don't really matter.

It's very easy for candidates to be on side A or side B of a two-sided issue. To me, that doesn't make them the same type of candidate. What economic policies do they both plan to implement to help our current situation? What foreign policies will change or take place? What are their views on government-funded agencies and departments and what sort of funding/action would they give towards them? Has Romney stated who else he would want to place in his cabinet? How do those people's views differ from Obama's cabinet?

This forum has been riddled with blanket statements and simple "Yeah! You're right!" lemming-like following when it comes to presidential candidates. Can someone actually dissect each candidate so we can truly see where they are alike or where they differentiate from one another?
If my examples are no good then why don't you dissect them yourself and educate us?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:50 PM #94
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Saying a State mandated health program is the same as a Federally mandated health program is quite a bit of a stretch.
you're right.

a federally mandated health program saves everyone even more money

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:00 PM #95
Treghc

Quote:
If my examples are no good then why don't you dissect them yourself and educate us?
Because that's not my point.

My point is that people here seem to follow others like lemmings. There is such little actual information discussed in this forum, yet I see great blanket statements about presidential candidates by people trying to act authoritative. I'd like people to back their statements with actual information.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 02-06-2012, 01:15 PM #96
Volucris
asmuchtextastheywillallow

Something many of the pro-2nd amendment people here will be interested in:
http://www.therightscoop.com/2004-ro...t-weapons-ban/

Source:
http://web.archive.org/web/200612141...pons_ban .xml
Volucris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:41 PM #97
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
My point is that people here seem to follow others like lemmings. There is such little actual information discussed in this forum, yet I see great blanket statements about presidential candidates by people trying to act authoritative. I'd like people to back their statements with actual information.
I've been thinking the same thing for some time now tbh.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:56 PM #98
Maxpow999

Quote:
Originally Posted by licence_to_kill View Post
you're right.

a federally mandated health program saves everyone even more money
And is unconstitutional. But I know that doesn't matter to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
I've been thinking the same thing for some time now tbh.

How ironic.
"Throughout the 20th century, the Republican Party benefited from a non-interventionist foreign policy. Think of how Eisenhower came in to stop the Korean War. Think of how Nixon was elected to stop the mess in Vietnam." - Ron Paul
Maxpow999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:27 PM #99
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpow999 View Post
And is unconstitutional. But I know that doesn't matter to you.
i'm pretty sure stellarknight has already been over this with you

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
Old 02-26-2012, 07:29 AM #100
FuzzyFish

If I was a strategist working for Obama and he was going up against Romney, I'd just steal the old John Kerry windsurfing flipflopper ad and paste Romney's face on it. At any rate, I'd like to see someone new who seems trustworthy and not a complete retard, I don't like most available options right now...
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:59 PM #101
Rapier7
Smarter than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
If I was a strategist working for Obama and he was going up against Romney, I'd just steal the old John Kerry windsurfing flipflopper ad and paste Romney's face on it. At any rate, I'd like to see someone new who seems trustworthy and not a complete retard, I don't like most available options right now...
In 2004, Kerry still got 48.3% of the vote. And that was when the economy was doing relatively well. People really forget how close that election actually was. In a year when the economy is in the dumps, an acceptable generic Republican like Romney (just like how Kerry was an acceptable generic Democrat) could easily give President Obama a run for his money.

Most of the electorate don't follow the primaries and only start to tune in after each party's candidate is nominated at their respective conventions. The only problem is that the current batch of Republican primary voters/caucus goers represent a small subset of the electorate in the general election. A candidate that is acceptable by the average voter in the Republican primary could be a disastrous candidate in the general election.

In the end, Democrats will vote for Democrats and Republicans will vote for Republicans. What really matters is who everybody else votes for. That's what determines elections. The only Republican who could hope to win a majority of the independent vote is Mitt Romney.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:09 PM #102
custar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapier7 View Post
In the end, Democrats will vote for Democrats and Republicans will vote for Republicans. What really matters is who everybody else votes for. That's what determines elections. The only Republican who could hope to win a majority of the independent vote is Mitt Romney.
I have heard for a lot of years that 45% will vote Democrat and 45% will vote Republican, so the fight is really over the 10% outside those intransigent groups.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:15 PM #103
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

Ezra Klein figures out why Romney's stadium is so empty:

Quote:
What Romney is essentially proposing to do is finance a massive tax cut by cutting Medicaid, food stamps, housing subsidies and job training. In other words, the neediest Americans — and, to a lesser degree, federal workers — will be financing a massive tax cut.

I don’t know whether independent analysts will say the numbers add up to make the rest of Romney’s plan deficit neutral. My guess is they won’t. But even if they did, Romney’s priorities are clear: In order to cut taxes and raise defense spending, he’ll cut the programs that support the poorest Americans.

In 2000, George W. Bush ran for president saying “I don’t think they ought to be balancing their budget on the backs of the poor.” In 2012, amidst a much worse economy, Romney is running for president saying exactly the opposite.

Perhaps that’s why the stadium is empty.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...1KYR_blog.html

Old 02-27-2012, 08:58 PM #104
custar

I am in no way a fan or Romney, but the author of that article is making some impressive leaps to reach his conclusion.

Quote:
States are better equipped to perform all these functions. Once the economy is really growing again, I believe that we should return spending on these programs to pre-recession levels, cap their rate of growth and give the states flexibility and control. Taxpayers would save money, and those in need would benefit from programs that are more effective, efficient and responsive.
From this, he concludes that this is a cut in the handouts. Talk about throwing red meat to his base. I guess an unrestrained, unlimited rate of growth is really what this country needs.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:43 PM #105
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by custar View Post
I have heard for a lot of years that 45% will vote Democrat and 45% will vote Republican, so the fight is really over the 10% outside those intransigent groups.

custar
That would be true if 100% of people voted. IMO winning an election is more about getting your side to go out and vote than it is to swinging the middle to pick your side.