PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-31-2013, 12:12 PM #1
Bheleu02

T9.1 sniper help!

Hi, just joined!
I just got my T9.1 sniper, with the 14 inch lapco rifled barrel (FS) and i'm pretty shocked at just how tightly the fs rounds fit.. i have a few random questions if anyone has input i would love to receive some..
1. i would like to run hopper for general play and mag for FS sniper shots.. I've seen some debate on the barrel rotation.. I'm still green with this thing and apparently already ripped out one of the rubber detents somehow when i was rotating the barrel.. i'm not sure how it happened, will a missing detent effect the air seal at all? or having only one detent effect the alignment of the FS rounds? i wish it was more obvious which way the barrel was actually aligned.. some indicator or something that would tell u what it's set up for
2. **Since i'd like to use PB's as well, i was curious if the STR8Shot 16 inch barrel is worth the money and CAN you use the mock silencer that i have on that barrel as well?
3. I think i would like to run CO2 or possibly hpa out of the stock, i noticed that if i use a magazine with a 12g cartridge that it prevents air from escaping.. i assume you MUST put that block in there in order to run a buttstock tank without having to keep a 12g cartridge in the mag right? (yes otherwise i have to turn the knob at the back side of the gun each time i eject the mag.. clearly not an efficient necessity)
4. using the first strike rounds with the 12g testing it out.. i did break a couple of them, though they're very straight i have yet to see the range that they claim.. I did hook up the hopper adaptor and sadly my ricochet 2k barely fits on and is blocked from seating deep on the adaptor due to the scope being in the way.. i've made adjustments but it still wont seat down tight. i know where the velocity adjustor is on the back.. but the dial on the back side that releases the butt/tank air into the gun.. is that meant to be adjusted? and is there any other areas i should tweak..

My last gun was a JT tactical i got from walmart for 125 bucks.. i did pick up a kingman eraser, but wasn't happy with the ball breakage i was having, never got to use it in a game either, but then purchased a tiberius 8.1 socom and loved it.. but the rifle doesn't seem to get any better range than the pistol.. and i had thought there would be a difference.. any thoughts?

Any ideas or input on any level with this gun would be greatly appreciated.. all my friends are basically running tippman 98's i'm the first to venture out to something larger.. I had even picked up the RAP4 t68 gen 7 extreme sniper.. GORGEOUS gun, but huge, heavy, and extremely picky i guess, since my first test runs resulted in two paint filled magazines and hoppers, the gun went back to rap4.. but i kept the underslung grenade launcher, which is now attached to my t9.1 lol
Bheleu02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2013, 06:58 AM #2
likeaboss69

On the side of the barrel the are grooves and positions it locks in
likeaboss69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:55 PM #3
hmcl281

has been a member for 10 years
there should be a hole ont he left side of the marker, i use a orange marker on the barrel so i know for sure when i see the orange mark it's for mag feed. the hole lines up with on of the detent on the barrel.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:54 PM #4
Bluedun
Ballin' since 1988

@ 300 FPS your range should be almost identical with both guns. However with the FS rounds you should have greater range and accuracy based on the conical shape of the projectile and the rifling that makes it spiral in flight (if compared to round paintballs).