Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-26-2011, 08:10 PM #1
Corbzz

Corbzz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Need ideas for presenting a paintball team to my school.

I am getting prepared to present a new idea to my high school. A paintball team. I need help trying to convince them to support the idea and endorse us as a school sport. Ive got a powerpoint presentation showing what paintball is how its played and what we want to do and how it can benifit the school. In the powerpoint i go over how its one of the safest sports and how the Sporting Goods Manufacturer's Association estimates that over 10 million people play the game in the United States annually, with 1.9 million playing at least 15 times a year.Im going to tell them that im not looking for money but were just looking to be recognized and how we would go to NCPA tournys . I made this thread to ask for ideas to convince them to let us have a team. Any help would be greatly appriciated and i need some people who have already asked their school about a paintball team. Thanks!

EDIT: If this isnt in the right section just tell me and ill delete it.
EDIT 2 : Im in northern Mississippi so if anyone has a team close let me know.

Last edited by Corbzz : 11-26-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Corbzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-27-2011, 09:37 AM #2
cplach
Sock it to 'em

cplach owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Awesome to hear you're looking into trying to get a high school team started. You may want to look at the taking on the high school board thread started by ThisWontHurt.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3702694
cplach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:39 PM #3
ThisWontHurt
Official MidWest Streamer

Annual Supporting Member
ThisWontHurt supports Team VICIOUS
ThisWontHurt posts videos on PbNation
ThisWontHurt supports Pev's Paintball
ThisWontHurt plays in the APPA D5 division
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Find a teacher, para, or administrator who will act as a sponsor. They will have more sway with a school board than students do.

Like Us on Facebook
ThisWontHurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:17 PM #4
Corbzz

Corbzz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I go to a small private school so there really isnt a school board. Im going to schedule a meeting with the athletics director and the school principal. Thank you for your help
Corbzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:33 AM #5
ThisWontHurt

Annual Supporting Member
Should still be some governing board. I'm assuming religious school. Talk to tenaciousdavis. He is trying to start a team at one of the procial schools here in NE and might have a better idea of the higharcy there and which palms will need greased.

Like Us on Facebook
Old 12-20-2011, 05:13 PM #6
True<><
Looking For Team!

True<>< owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
True<>< has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Corbzz, piece of advice: When I mentioned the idea to my principal he said he may be interested, but that it sounded dangerous. After he mentioned those things, I told him about how one local College offers a $500 walk on scholarship-that perked his ears. Also I pushed the point that we weren't playing with anything that even resembled real guns, and gave him a quick rundown of the history of paintball and how it used to be used for marking cattle. That pretty much got over the danger factor.

Good Luck!
True<>< is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:01 PM #7
PaintBawlNewb

PaintBawlNewb plays in the APPA beginner division
PaintBawlNewb has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Call the guns markers, show safety statistics, and try to start a local tourney with other schools, once you start tourneys, just tell the principal that you have already been playing and just use the school as a place to meet.
PaintBawlNewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:58 PM #8
Jakes Best Friend

Jakes Best Friend owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Jakes Best Friend supports Team VICIOUS
show them your commited by playing in a few tournaments first, and dont even ask for money(yet) just say "can i have the schools permission to use the school logo for an outside sports team that i have started up". say this because it will make you apart of the school and they'll become a little more interested as time goes on. Win atleast 2-3 tournaments or come close, then ask for "support" dont bring up money right on the spot just ask for "suppport" But make sure before all this you have your finiacials all mapped out (NOTE: DO NOT ASK FOR STACKS OF CASH) and make sure the money amount is reasonble like $200-$300 remember your having them "support" you not "carry" you. Do not go asking for money every month(ask every 3 months) keep the school informed on how your using their "support" every now and then just to let them know that their "support" is being put to good use and is not wasted.
thats about it though, best of luck
-zach

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3711553
Jakes Best Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:49 AM #9
ThisWontHurt

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakes Best Friend View Post
show them your commited by playing in a few tournaments first, and dont even ask for money(yet) just say "can i have the schools permission to use the school logo for an outside sports team that i have started up". say this because it will make you apart of the school and they'll become a little more interested as time goes on. Win atleast 2-3 tournaments or come close, then ask for "support" dont bring up money right on the spot just ask for "suppport" But make sure before all this you have your finiacials all mapped out (NOTE: DO NOT ASK FOR STACKS OF CASH) and make sure the money amount is reasonble like $200-$300 remember your having them "support" you not "carry" you. Do not go asking for money every month(ask every 3 months) keep the school informed on how your using their "support" every now and then just to let them know that their "support" is being put to good use and is not wasted.
thats about it though, best of luck
-zach
Just to point out most schools won't give control of money to students. They generally require you to have a teacher or staff member sponsoring your team. So find a teacher who will act as a sponsor even if they don't do anything it helps get you access to school funding.

Like Us on Facebook