Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 08:09 PM #379
angelballer
 
 
angelballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
does anyone play anymore? I dinged 50 today. Stuck on trying to finish my class quest.
I'll check to see if you are on after Walking Dead.

I've been playing alts as well as on Krayt as no one else was 50. We need to get 2 more to 50 so we can at least do some hard mode flashpoints. Captain A makes one and Digi was around 37 last I checked. I don't think we'll ever have enough at the rate we are going to do Operations. It seems like they are planning on giving you your gear for ranked PVP when 1.2 rolls around so I kind of quit try to farm for PVP stuff.
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2012, 08:20 PM #380
kingjas99 (Banned)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
kingjas99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
swag lmao
kingjas99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:21 PM #381
Arabesque.
 
 
Arabesque.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
I'll check to see if you are on after Walking Dead.

I've been playing alts as well as on Krayt as no one else was 50. We need to get 2 more to 50 so we can at least do some hard mode flashpoints. Captain A makes one and Digi was around 37 last I checked. I don't think we'll ever have enough at the rate we are going to do Operations. It seems like they are planning on giving you your gear for ranked PVP when 1.2 rolls around so I kind of quit try to farm for PVP stuff.
Well, they're adding a new PVP set the last I heard. As a casual game, the most practical solution is to give people an ezbutan to all the current pvp gear while still making rank 70-75 a moderate challenge.
__________________

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 09:44 PM #382
PMRjim876
Matts Outback
 
PMRjim876's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Glastonbury, CT
PMRjim876 is an NCPA player
just got back to school where my desktop been going through withdrawal.
__________________
Penn State University Paintball #13

TNN Crew NYPL 2010 http://www.mattsoutback.com
PMRjim876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:47 PM #383
angelballer
 
 
angelballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque. View Post
Well, they're adding a new PVP set the last I heard. As a casual game, the most practical solution is to give people an ezbutan to all the current pvp gear while still making rank 70-75 a moderate challenge.
Not sure what an ezbutan is. E-Z-button?

So I did a couple matches with EPT tonight. He is a fresh 50 and hits like a wet noodle against my sorc in mostly Cent gear with a couple Champ pieces. Now they are planning on adding a tier higher than BM and expect a fresh 50 to compete against that? It seems like PVP now is who has the better gear. Sure, I can beat people with one tier higher than me if I play well and they screw up. A fresh 50 or someone in cent gear going against someone in the new highest tier will just be like lambs to the slaughter. I was mostly on the coat tails of the majority of the PVP crowd so I wasn't far behind in gear on my powertech. I fear for my assassin though who hasn't hit 50 yet.

I would like to see ranked gear be all the same while earning credit towards non-ranked gear. Certain ranks can unlock new ranked gear that is visually different but has the same stats similar to things like speeders. You shouldn't be a higher rank than someone just because you have better gear. If people want to use their higher valor level, let them use it in non-ranked. Granted, I don't know how many people will queue for non-ranked but it is what it is.
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 PM #384
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
i am in full-on pillow fighting mode against some of those gear sets.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 10:57 PM #385
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK
 
Ninja Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Strong Jawlines
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
Not sure what an ezbutan is. E-Z-button?

So I did a couple matches with EPT tonight. He is a fresh 50 and hits like a wet noodle against my sorc in mostly Cent gear with a couple Champ pieces. Now they are planning on adding a tier higher than BM and expect a fresh 50 to compete against that? It seems like PVP now is who has the better gear. Sure, I can beat people with one tier higher than me if I play well and they screw up. A fresh 50 or someone in cent gear going against someone in the new highest tier will just be like lambs to the slaughter. I was mostly on the coat tails of the majority of the PVP crowd so I wasn't far behind in gear on my powertech. I fear for my assassin though who hasn't hit 50 yet.

I would like to see ranked gear be all the same while earning credit towards non-ranked gear. Certain ranks can unlock new ranked gear that is visually different but has the same stats similar to things like speeders. You shouldn't be a higher rank than someone just because you have better gear. If people want to use their higher valor level, let them use it in non-ranked. Granted, I don't know how many people will queue for non-ranked but it is what it is.
They are adding ranked warzones in 1.2, the only people who won't be doing that is undergeared players and a few random people who need to boost their self esteem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
i am in full-on pillow fighting mode against some of those gear sets.
*fresh 50 runs into a Battlemaster*

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.
__________________
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:02 PM #386
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
ninja when are you going to create a character on sith wyrm?
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:07 PM #387
angelballer
 
 
angelballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
They are adding ranked warzones in 1.2, the only people who won't be doing that is undergeared players and a few random people who need to boost their self esteem.
That's what I am alluding to. There is talk about requiring people to use a certain set of gear to do ranked PVP. I like this idea as it lets people be competitive as soon as they hit 50 instead of grinding through weeks of being fresh meat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
*fresh 50 runs into a Battlemaster*

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.
People are starting to put different colored crystals in their gear to hide their BM status. Sneaky bastards...
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:13 AM #388
Arabesque.
 
 
Arabesque.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
Not sure what an ezbutan is. E-Z-button?
Yes. There's a reason why they're making it easier and easier to level valor. They want "competitive" pvp to remain fully accessible to everyone. I guarantee it will happen every time they introduce a new gear set.
__________________

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 AM #389
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK
 
Ninja Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Strong Jawlines
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
ninja when are you going to create a character on sith wyrm?
Dunno. My sub ended and I didn't renew because I completed the singleplayer storylines I wanted (smuggler, trooper) and ME3 dropped and is gonna be my main gaming timesink. I might renew in a month or two when I'm done with ME3 if nothing else peaks my interest. I only have a few hours a week to game so I'm only committing to one game at a time right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
That's what I am alluding to. There is talk about requiring people to use a certain set of gear to do ranked PVP. I like this idea as it lets people be competitive as soon as they hit 50 instead of grinding through weeks of being fresh meat.

People are starting to put different colored crystals in their gear to hide their BM status. Sneaky bastards...
I see a lot of Battlemasters just using pve weapons since they have better stats apparently and expertise after 500 hits a huge wall of diminishing return.
__________________
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:22 PM #390
Arabesque.
 
 
Arabesque.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
I see a lot of Battlemasters just using pve weapons since they have better stats apparently and expertise after 500 hits a huge wall of diminishing return.
Expertise hits a huge wall after 400 expertise honestly. And objectively the minimal returns on expertise after that are not worth the stat hit or set bonus you'd receive from Rakata.

If you were min/maxing everything, I'm pretty sure 5/5 Rakata and the rest BM would be objectively the best combination of gear for pvp. As a Marauder, I'm currently using 4/5 Rakata and the rest Champion to break that 400 expertise wall, and it is definitely better than a full suit of Champion or BM.
__________________

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:54 PM #391
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
what is your current skill tree looking like?
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 03:15 PM #392
angelballer
 
 
angelballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
I see a lot of Battlemasters just using pve weapons since they have better stats apparently and expertise after 500 hits a huge wall of diminishing return.
Sometimes the PVE weapons have more useful off stats than the PVP equivalent as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque. View Post
Expertise hits a huge wall after 400 expertise honestly. And objectively the minimal returns on expertise after that are not worth the stat hit or set bonus you'd receive from Rakata.

If you were min/maxing everything, I'm pretty sure 5/5 Rakata and the rest BM would be objectively the best combination of gear for pvp. As a Marauder, I'm currently using 4/5 Rakata and the rest Champion to break that 400 expertise wall, and it is definitely better than a full suit of Champion or BM.
Depends on the class/AC. Sometimes it is better to have 4 pieces PVP, 4 pieces Rakata, or 2 of each. Just depends on the set bonuses. You can definitely hit the point of severe diminishing returns on expertise with 4 PVE pieces + a matrix cube. The Rakata relics, sash, bracers, implants, and earpiece is the easiest for us to get though considering we don't have enough for Operations.

It'll be interesting to see if they let the PVP/PVE gear have augment slots in the future. Otherwise, orange gear with augment slots and PVP/PVE mods will be the best.
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:10 AM #393
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
in the 3rd gear bag I buy ever, I get champion main hand light saber. sweet.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:26 AM #394
angelballer
 
 
angelballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
The main hand costs 136 Champion tokens or 20 bags. Lucky bastard... I shouldn't have told you how to redeem it and let you sell it back to a vendor.

angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 11:39 AM #395
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
meh... could have put it on the GTN
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:01 PM #396
angelballer
 
 
angelballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
I think it was bound to you. Not sure but if not, I'll probably do that if I ever get a duplicate token. I think I've gotten one token in the 80 or so bags I've opened and it was for a pair of gloves which are cheap.
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:04 PM #397
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
the game has seen who pathetic i am in PVP. it obviously feels like it needs to buff me bigtime.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:14 PM #398
angelballer
 
 
angelballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
I've been trying to help you out if I see you in a 1v1 fight. Expertise is crazy how much it influences a fight. With ~500 expertise, I receive a 10% damage reduction as well as a 10% damage buff to people without any. That combined with the fact that all my stats are better than a fresh 50 just means they are extra squishy. You'll get there. For now, I think it is best to try to get lost in a crowd of teammates and do cheap **** like force charge -> force choke someone while they are standing above a fire pit.

Do you have the matrix cube relic yet?

http://www.swtor-spy.com/guides/matrix-cube-guide/1047/
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:14 PM #399
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
nope. sounds like I have a mission for this evening after my daily PVP stuff is complete.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump