Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-20-2012, 11:10 AM #316
angelballer

has been a member for 10 years
I agree. Once you have 1000/1000 + a bag, just get to 50. The difference between Champion and Battlemaster isn't that much and you can start working on Champion gear as soon as you get to 50. Valor is also much easier to get if the Repubs are out in Ilum due to all the bonuses you get for holding points.
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2012, 11:44 AM #317
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
how do I get merc commendations? also, where can I buy this bag?
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:01 PM #318
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

There is a vendor on the fleet that has all that stuff. You trade in warzone commendations for mercenary commendations at a 3:1 rate.

"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 PM #319
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
so I really need 4000 warzone commendations to end up with 1000 merc / 1000 warzone?

how much does the bag cost?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 PM #320
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

The bag is 200 Merc and 200 Warzone commendations.

Each bag at the worst is going to have 15 Centurion and 7 Champion commendations. Worst case you have 90 Centurion and 42 Champion commendations. That'll get you some Centurion gear, and if you do the Daily and Weekly quests from the PvP mission terminal, thats another 20 bags a week plus however many you can buy from the vendor with the commendations from warzones. Pretty much within a week of being level 50, you should have close to 500 Expertise and a few pieces of Champion gear with everything else Centurion. The first week could be brutal if you end up facing some well geared Republic players, but after that you'll be on fairly even ground unless you run into a Battlemaster.

"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 02-20-2012, 01:24 PM #321
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
is there an online resource that explains all this that Im just not seeing on google searches?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:31 PM #322
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

Swtor.com has some good resources, but you have to sift through a mind numbing amount of trolls and *******es to find the actual stuff worth reading. Any thread saying something like "NERF _____" or "_____ IS TOO WEAK" or "FIX ________ ITS BROKEN" needs to be avoided because there will be Brad levels of dumb in there.

DarthHater.com is also a great site for information, and much better moderated in terms of finding useful information free of retards.

Sauce
Old 02-20-2012, 01:41 PM #323
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Any thread saying something like "NERF _____" or "_____ IS TOO WEAK" or "FIX ________ ITS BROKEN" needs to be avoided because there will be Brad levels of dumb in there.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:43 PM #324
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
even having played the game for a month I am still a huge noob.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:47 PM #325
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

It is easy to be a noob in an mmo... just don't be one of those *******es that assumes because they can't curb stomp every boss on first try it is broken/bugged/needs to be nerfed.

Hell, if it wasn't for the convos with the wife I'd be so utterly lost in this game. She compared questing with me to babysitting... FML.

Sauce
Old 02-20-2012, 02:10 PM #326
bubba0315

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
so I really need 4000 warzone commendations to end up with 1000 merc / 1000 warzone?

how much does the bag cost?
4800 total, you buy the bag from the vendor in any warzone or the "PvP Vendor" to the left of the mission terminal where you pick up pvp dailies.

And BH is a lot of fun, got my powertech to 50 a while ago and enjoyed leveling quite a bit. The story was better than the sorc story for sure, and Mako is OP as fk.
bubba0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:31 PM #327
Arabesque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
Bounty hunters are fun. Excellent AoE, decent survivability, and pretty simple to play compared to other classes. Only problem is watching your heat level especially when you are rushing a marauder through flashpoints who likes to attack before you dump all your heat. No names *cough* Snugglemonkey *cough*.
I kicked a guy out of my guild because he whined about me pulling too fast and not waiting for the tank.

Pull faster and heal harder you ******s. *cough* every mercenary and powertech ever *cough*.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
my marauder is level 41, but my valor is only 13. Should I only play PVP for the foreseeable future to get the valor super high?
There's no real reason to grind out valor before 50 outside of getting the commendations. As mentioned before, you'll be able to open something to the tune of 14 bags on the day you hit 50, which will give you a massive boost to pvp damage and survivability.

Take your time to 60, because you'll get burnt out just spamming warzones and ****ing with the Ilum zerg all day. Besides, 4/5 Columi/Rakata and the rest champion/BM is the best combination for pvp anyway. Diminishing returns really ****s expertise after 400 (10%ish), and the bonus from pve sets is just so much better, completely disregarding the superior stats. The max pvp bonus is something like 12.8%, and that last 3% really is not worth the stat hits. Overall you'll do less damage and have less survivability with full pvp gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
And BH is a lot of fun, got my powertech to 50 a while ago and enjoyed leveling quite a bit. The story was better than the sorc story for sure, and Mako is OP as fk.
I'm really very impressed with the companion AI. I recently geared Quinn in almost full Columi for pve and full Centurion for pvp, and he's a monster. Can easily heal through BT HM. He always CC's the most logical target, and uses area heals wisely. I'm pretty sure he could heal through HM Kaon if we took it super slow.

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:55 PM #328
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Old 02-20-2012, 11:26 PM #329
shiky
Turtle Power!

shiky has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
shiky is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
wish i'd known about that... i totally would have went.. my sabers are much better than theirs anyway.

Molon Labe

democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on whats for dinner, liberty is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.- Benjamin Franklin
shiky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:28 AM #330
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
dinged level 45 last night. My goal is to have a level 50 account by this time next week.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:16 PM #331
angelballer

It seems like you might not experience true open-world PVP by the time you hit 50.

Quote:
PvP

General
Players can now build credit towards the Battle for Ilum daily and weekly missions by playing Warzones. *UPDATED 2/28*

Warzones

General
Healers in Warzones now receive kill credit when a healed player kills an enemy. *UPDATED 2/28*
Players affected by a Damage Over Time ability are no longer interrupted when interacting with objectives. *UPDATED 2/28*
Battlemaster and Champion Commendations are now available on the PvP Vendor for Warzone and Mercenary Commendations. Champion Gear Bags are still available. *UPDATED 2/28*
Valor gained from Warzones has been increased. *UPDATED 2/28*
Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match. *UPDATED 2/28*
Increased the Warzone AFK timeout from 60 seconds to 90 seconds. *UPDATED 2/28*

Alderaan Civil War
The speeder bikes that transport players back to the battle now have a three-second activation time to increase the likelihood that an organized attacking team can successfully take the side turrets. *UPDATED 2/28*
Pubs now have no incentive to even go to Ilum other than their daily PVE missions.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:12 PM #332
bubba0315

Ilum wasn't designed well anyway. Pretty much a pile of ****.
bubba0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:23 PM #333
angelballer

When you get two Ops groups going at it, it isn't bad. Better than the 4000th huttball match for Imps. It does suck when the pubs aren't there though and you have to farm armaments.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:44 PM #334
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
huttball is super gay
Old 02-28-2012, 06:59 PM #335
Alan777
Tree Fitty

I agree. That's the only pvp I have done so far, and it just seemed stupid to me.
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:44 PM #336
angelballer

It has gotten to the point where if the team I am on doesn't have a jugg and the other team does, I leave. Juggs are so OP in huttball it is ridiculous. It is funny how I will rarely lose a match of VS or Civil War but huttball is still a toss up.