Lainway Sports Rep

Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko34256 View Post
That's just part of having a newer MMO.
I know but it still makes it more enjoyable to play.

Wilkes University Paintball
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 PM #212
Arabesque.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
So many WoW baddies trying to say swtor sucks...

The fact people like me and Poptart choose to play swtor over BF3 when we have time to game says a LOT about the game.

Also, from a chat with the wife last night, for PvE, you can't beat the Carnage/Combat tree because the damage is ridic. However for PvP, Annihilation/Watchman trumps everything by a mile.
I can pretty much guarantee that Annihilation is more damage than Carnage over boss fights by a pretty large margin, and that's solely because the mechanics of Berserk benefit Juyo more than Ataru or or Shii Cho, far and away even. Coupled with Short Fuse, there's just not a chance in hell that Carnage drops more damage than Anni, nor does it have anywhere near the utility.

Carnage and Annihilation are very similar damage outside of Berserk, but the way Berserk affects Juyo is just silly, silly good.

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:55 PM #213
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

You'd be surprised at what a well played Carnage/Combat class does. It takes more to learn the class, but everything I've seen says they're downright unreal in damage, just few people ever take the time to invest in learning how to maximize the class.

Without combat logs though either side trying to prove their right is impossible.

"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:27 AM #214
Arabesque.

Oh, condescending. How cute.

I'm not surprised by what a well played Carnage build can do, because I've been one. In fact, I play all the Marauder builds very well. My apologies if I struck you as the modest type, but you can get ****ed. Everything I do, I do flawlessly. Forever and ever.

Love,
Me. :3

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"

Last edited by Arabesque. : 02-11-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:02 AM #215
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 02-11-2012, 05:52 AM #216
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is BST Trusted
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is Boss
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:00 AM #217
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
im thinking about doing sith assassin. anyone know if their quest story is good?
Old 02-11-2012, 10:20 AM #218
Captain A v2.0
Whatevs

Annual Supporting Member
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Mine is only level ~15 or so, but it was pretty decent. I like the Republic version (Consular:Shadow) better though.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:32 AM #219
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque. View Post
Oh, condescending. How cute.

I'm not surprised by what a well played Carnage build can do, because I've been one. In fact, I play all the Marauder builds very well. My apologies if I struck you as the modest type, but you can get ****ed. Everything I do, I do flawlessly. Forever and ever.

Love,
Me. :3
WTF? Like Ninja said, without combat logs, anyone would have a hard time telling the builds apart. They are "supposed to be" within 5% of each other. I've seen the same builds in PVP absolutely wreck me when played by one person and hardly take 25% health when played by another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
im thinking about doing sith assassin. anyone know if their quest story is good?
My sorcerer (same quest line) is in Act 2. So far, the story has been okay. I'd suggest unlocking your legacy first which you should be pretty close to if you haven't unlocked it yet.

For PVP, I've seen assassins do some pretty decent damage and with shockfrozen water and force cloak they can essentially have 150% life compared to everyone except Scoundrels/Operatives. Who knows how much longer shockfrozen water will work though.
angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 AM #220
bubba0315

Quote:
You'd be surprised at what a well played Carnage/Combat class does. It takes more to learn the class, but everything I've seen says they're downright unreal in damage, just few people ever take the time to invest in learning how to maximize the class.

Without combat logs though either side trying to prove their right is impossible.
Except Annihilation is actually better.
bubba0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:04 AM #221
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba0315 View Post
Except Annihilation is actually better.
Again, prove it. How can anything be proven without combat logs as to which build is better than the other? Annihilation is a popular build because it has great utility other than just dps dps dps dps. But to say its flat out better when there is zero way of proving other than personal opinion is... well... comical.

Sauce
Old 02-11-2012, 11:12 AM #222
EvilPopTart

Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
My sorcerer (same quest line) is in Act 2. So far, the story has been okay. I'd suggest unlocking your legacy first which you should be pretty close to if you haven't unlocked it yet.

For PVP, I've seen assassins do some pretty decent damage and with shockfrozen water and force cloak they can essentially have 150% life compared to everyone except Scoundrels/Operatives. Who knows how much longer shockfrozen water will work though.
Yea Ive unlocked legacy. What is that about anyway?
Old 02-11-2012, 11:26 AM #223
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
Yea Ive unlocked legacy. What is that about anyway?
Nothing at the moment. Eventually they are supposed to implement something that rewards you for your legacy level similar to social level. Now that you've unlocked it for this server, any experience you gain on any other character on this server contributes to your legacy.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:04 PM #224
bubba0315

Quote:
Again, prove it. How can anything be proven without combat logs as to which build is better than the other? Annihilation is a popular build because it has great utility other than just dps dps dps dps. But to say its flat out better when there is zero way of proving other than personal opinion is... well... comical.
Except there are ways to benchmark dps in the game currently, and annihilation is better. Not to mention no group in their right mind brings more than 1 marauder, melee is ridiculously gimped in current content.

And legacy is anyone's guess at this point, there was talk about unlockable races back in beta. People are guessing it'll give incentive to level alts, but nobody knows.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:16 PM #225
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

Quote:
Except there are ways to benchmark dps in the game currently, and annihilation is better. Not to mention no group in their right mind brings more than 1 marauder, melee is ridiculously gimped in current content.

And legacy is anyone's guess at this point, there was talk about unlockable races back in beta. People are guessing it'll give incentive to level alts, but nobody knows.
Again, prove its better. Seriously. Show the combat logs... oh right... there aren't any.

Sauce
Old 02-11-2012, 01:35 PM #226
bubba0315

You don't need combat logs to benchmark dps. What does dps stand for, damage per second? So find some damage to do, time how long it takes to do it, and divide. Rocket surgery! There are plenty of champion mobs and world bosses to do this on, you'd know this if you were actually max level and this argument actually pertained to you. Until then, settle down and take what your wife says as fact. It'll make it easier on everyone.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:37 PM #227
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Any recommendations on good east coast cservers, or are they pretty much equal since the game is new?
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:40 PM #228
Ninja Mouse
Team Aircraft Carrier

Quote:
You don't need combat logs to benchmark dps. What does dps stand for, damage per second? So find some damage to do, time how long it takes to do it, and divide. Rocket surgery! There are plenty of champion mobs and world bosses to do this on, you'd know this if you were actually max level and this argument actually pertained to you. Until then, settle down and take what your wife says as fact. It'll make it easier on everyone.
lol you sound like every mad person on the swtor forums who cant provide proof when it is asked for.

Sauce
Old 02-11-2012, 01:44 PM #229
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Not to mention no group in their right mind brings more than 1 marauder, melee is ridiculously gimped in current content.
is it actually underpowered or is it the same as the ****tards in WoW who see melee players with no skill fail because sometimes movement is more complex and declare them inferior when if properly executed they roll with the best?
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 01:51 PM #230
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan777 View Post
Any recommendations on good east coast cservers, or are they pretty much equal since the game is new?
For PBN,

Krayt Dragon - Republic side
Sith Wyrm - Empire side

Both are well-populated PVE servers. I think most of us have been playing our Empire characters lately.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 PM #231
bubba0315

Quote:
lol you sound like every mad person on the swtor forums who cant provide proof when it is asked for.
And you sound like a troll. Our one maruader has tested both specs because we have apps who think carnage is better.

Unbuffed, no adrenal used, full rakata except columi weapons/1 implant/chest:

Annihilation averaged 1437 dps over 6 tests.

Carnage averaged 1384 dps over 6 tests.

If you don't feel like my claim, which has been tested with multiple people spectating/confirming, is something you can believe then that's not my problem. Feel free to test it yourself, once you hit 50. That doesn't change the fact that I know, in the current build, that annihilation > carnage.

Obviously logs would show boss encounters and make it obvious who is better, but benchmarks and sims don't take into consideration boss mechanics - yet people still use them. Weird, huh?