Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2012, 09:37 PM #190
digitard
GregRedHastings.com
 
digitard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA beginner division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Normally I just sort of play around w/ things as I level, and then as I get higher up I respec, since the first is free, and actually go a true PVP build so at 50 I'm set.

Good info, though.

I won't be on again, most likely, until next week. Work the next few nights, and then doing a surprise trip to Disneyland for the kids.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-06-2012, 11:57 PM #191
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
EvilPopTart is Boss
hey captian sorry about dropping out at the end. goddamn game crashed on me.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:07 AM #192
angelballer
 
 
angelballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard View Post
Normally I just sort of play around w/ things as I level, and then as I get higher up I respec, since the first is free, and actually go a true PVP build so at 50 I'm set.

Good info, though.

I won't be on again, most likely, until next week. Work the next few nights, and then doing a surprise trip to Disneyland for the kids.
Sounds good. Lucky kids...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
hey captian sorry about dropping out at the end. goddamn game crashed on me.
That was me. No big deal. Next time lets not sit underneath the rockets when they fire...
angelballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:39 AM #193
digitard
GregRedHastings.com
 
digitard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA beginner division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
Yeah,
We only live like 6hrs away by car so we drive up there once or twice a year now. It's going to be awesome. Going to pick my oldest up from school (5), and tell her we need to run errands. She ALWAYS falls asleep in the car when we do that, and we're going to drive to Disneyland. When she wakes up we'll tell her where we're going (have a hilarious plan on that, too).

I know exactly the Flashpoint! lol.

When I did it with my group the first time I didn't know what he meant by the rockets, and got nailed right away. Now it's easy.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:18 AM #194
Captain A v2.0
2romo4u
 
Captain A v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelballer View Post
Sounds good. Lucky kids...



That was me. No big deal. Next time lets not sit underneath the rockets when they fire...
But that's the best part!
__________________
Kansas Jayhawks Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Seattle SoundersZombie Sonics
Captain A v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:16 PM #195
angelballer
 
 
angelballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Ohio
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain A v2.0 View Post
But that's the best part!
Not when you are lvl 39 trying to rush EPT through. You also can't use a speeder on that one and it is a long run.

Dinged 40 tonight. I may do PVP from now until 50 or at least until my valor catches up with my level.
angelballer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 04:22 AM #196
Arabesque.
 
 
Arabesque.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Cannot believe how much more damage Anni is than Carnage. Last time I was Anni the gap wasn't so large, now it's just ridiculous. Coupled self sufficient heals, there's really no reason at all for the Carnage build for pve. And with Ravage and Throw immobilize, Carnage is basically just a utility stun bot for pvp.

I still find Carnage more fun though.
__________________

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:39 AM #197
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
EvilPopTart is Boss
i found the exact opposite at least for story mode. i had to retrain all my points into carnage to beat my reflection on tatooine.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 08:41 PM #198
Arabesque.
 
 
Arabesque.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Carnage is definitely more damage all the way to level 50, when you can make full use of Rupture via the actual skill Annihilation and Bloodthirst via Short Fuse and Defensive Forms. Just by the nature of both trees, instant Ataru damage is more practical than Juyo stacks and bleeds. Carnage is just way better "on the fly," and they did a great job of capturing the acrobatic essence of the tree as it plays much faster.

If you're going Carnage though, this is the only build worth doing for pve: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcbZhGrrddMoMsZh.1. My Carnage pvp looks more like http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000cZhGbbddrorsZGM.1. Basically just an immobilize bot. I put out about 60-70% of the damage I do in Anni with this build, but have slightly more utility at the cost of survivability. It's especially good for Huttball, since it allows you to keep the ball handler pretty locked for 15 seconds or so. Overwhelm is the single best skill for Carnage pvp build.

Right now I'm pretty sure Unbound is useless as Force Camo breaks movement impairments even without it, at least insofar as I've seen.
__________________

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"

Last edited by Arabesque. : 02-08-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 PM #199
random act
laser guns
 
random act's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nj
 has been a member for 10 years
i need some *****s on ARTHAS to get me to 2k rating

4764 res Frost dk

pm me u *****es
__________________
muggah
random act is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:22 PM #200
Captain A v2.0
2romo4u
 
Captain A v2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Captain A v2.0 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
__________________
Kansas Jayhawks Seattle Seahawks Seattle Mariners Seattle SoundersZombie Sonics
Captain A v2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 AM #201
Sand6452
Lainway Sports Rep
 
Sand6452's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 845/570
Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by random act View Post
i need some *****s on ARTHAS to get me to 2k rating

4764 res Frost dk

pm me u *****es
You got da saberz?
__________________
Lainway Sports
420 Lower Road Westtown NY 10998

Wilkes University Paintball
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:42 AM #202
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
EvilPopTart is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque. View Post
Carnage is definitely more damage all the way to level 50, when you can make full use of Rupture via the actual skill Annihilation and Bloodthirst via Short Fuse and Defensive Forms. Just by the nature of both trees, instant Ataru damage is more practical than Juyo stacks and bleeds. Carnage is just way better "on the fly," and they did a great job of capturing the acrobatic essence of the tree as it plays much faster.

If you're going Carnage though, this is the only build worth doing for pve: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcbZhGrrddMoMsZh.1. My Carnage pvp looks more like http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#1000cZhGbbddrorsZGM.1. Basically just an immobilize bot. I put out about 60-70% of the damage I do in Anni with this build, but have slightly more utility at the cost of survivability. It's especially good for Huttball, since it allows you to keep the ball handler pretty locked for 15 seconds or so. Overwhelm is the single best skill for Carnage pvp build.

Right now I'm pretty sure Unbound is useless as Force Camo breaks movement impairments even without it, at least insofar as I've seen.
Im at level 29 right now, what should I focus my skill points into for right now?
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:59 PM #203
Arabesque.
 
 
Arabesque.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilPopTart View Post
Im at level 29 right now, what should I focus my skill points into for right now?
Honestly, just focus on whichever build is most fun for you. Objectively, Anni build probably has the most survivability, Rage is the best for aoe, and Carnage is easily the most balanced dps across pve and pvp at the middle levels.

Carnage is the obvious choice for a starter build because it gives you the most returns at the lower levels -- Defensive Forms, Duel Wield Mastery, Narrowed Hatred, etc -- all of which should be included in every Marauder build ever anyway. And it's just more effective to stick to one tree, so I played it all the way through level 50.

My build up to your level was something like http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100ZhGbbddM.1. At level 30, the tree gets a massive boost to damage just by the secondary mechanic of Gore; it's basically an instant Force Scream crit every 15 seconds, and it crits almost 25% harder than it would without Gore on average.
__________________

"Originally posted by Anonymous: DEAD PARENTS SHORT MIDGET WARRIOR MOVE TO POLYNESIA YOU GARDEN GNOME HOBBIT"

Last edited by Arabesque. : 02-09-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Arabesque. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:57 AM #204
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
EvilPopTart is Boss
Cool I adjusted my skill tree to what you did and will give it a try. I dinged 30 last night and got gore. There was a HUGE boost in damage dealing when I moved from Annhilation to Carnage.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:28 PM #205
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES
 
Ninja Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Strong Jawlines
So many WoW baddies trying to say swtor sucks...

The fact people like me and Poptart choose to play swtor over BF3 when we have time to game says a LOT about the game.

Also, from a chat with the wife last night, for PvE, you can't beat the Carnage/Combat tree because the damage is ridic. However for PvP, Annihilation/Watchman trumps everything by a mile.
__________________
Meagan's Moist Holes™ - CEO
MMH is dedicated to only bringing you the finest quality!

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:39 PM #206
bubba0315
 
 
bubba0315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: wisco
 has been a member for 10 years
WoW has a way of ****ing with your head into thinking it's the only game worth playing. "WoW clone.." "****tier version of wow.." "wow with cinematics.."

These people aren't very smart.
bubba0315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:49 PM #207
Ninja Mouse
SKRONG JAWLINES
 
Ninja Mouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Strong Jawlines
Ive never played wow, most of my friends have never played wow. We all play swtor regularly and have joined or formed guilds. That right there says to me the game got it right.

From what ive seen, the mmo parts of swtor does need some polishing, but for many of us the singleplayer is amazing and is exactly whats needed to keep us hooked while the pvp parts get polished. Plus seeing some of the endgame Ops my wife has been doing looks pretty awesome.
__________________
Meagan's Moist Holes™ - CEO
MMH is dedicated to only bringing you the finest quality!

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:40 PM #208
Sand6452
Lainway Sports Rep
 
Sand6452's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 845/570
Annual Supporting Member
Sand6452 plays in the PSP
Sand6452 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sand6452 is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Ive never played wow, most of my friends have never played wow. We all play swtor regularly and have joined or formed guilds. That right there says to me the game got it right.

From what ive seen, the mmo parts of swtor does need some polishing, but for many of us the singleplayer is amazing and is exactly whats needed to keep us hooked while the pvp parts get polished. Plus seeing some of the endgame Ops my wife has been doing looks pretty awesome.
I also like how at the lower level stages of the game there's people to do things with. And it isn't just end game heroics/arenas/etc. And the single player really is entertaining.
__________________
Lainway Sports
420 Lower Road Westtown NY 10998

Wilkes University Paintball
Sand6452 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:37 PM #209
EvilPopTart
Moderator
 
EvilPopTart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Carolina
Annual Supporting Member
EvilPopTart is a Moderator
EvilPopTart is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
EvilPopTart is playing at Living Legends VII
EvilPopTart is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
EvilPopTart is Boss
both story lines Ive played so far were by far better than any of the movies.
EvilPopTart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 04:17 PM #210
Marko34256
 
 
Marko34256's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: KC*MO
 has been a member for 10 years
Marko34256 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Marko34256 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand6452 View Post
I also like how at the lower level stages of the game there's people to do things with. And it isn't just end game heroics/arenas/etc. And the single player really is entertaining.
That's just part of having a newer MMO.
__________________
Feedback
Marko34256 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump