PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-23-2012, 02:36 PM #1
imgarrett

has been a member for 10 years
Blow back issues

I have a mq2 valves karnivor that is nearly blowing the lid off my halo. I've tried dozens of settings, gone through thousands of rounds and countless pounds of air. I'm at my wits end. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.
imgarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2012, 05:11 PM #2
cww516
clever text goes here

cww516 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Turn your LPR up a little (not sure where yours is set currently, but it needs to be higher than most people think to keep the bolt from flying back), and try bumping CDEL up a little if that doesn't fix it. You should be able to run SON 4.0 and CDEL 4.1 without any issue, though, so I'd try the LPR first.
cww516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 11:18 PM #3
imgarrett

my cdel is set at 6 now. i blended so much paint this morning i had to pull my hopper apart to clean it. will try the lpr adjustment tomorrow.
thanks for your input.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 AM #4
blame it on god
Rotten to the core

blame it on god has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So when you take the hopper off and and put two balls in the feed neck. When you pull the trigger it will take the first one into the chamber. Then fire again it shoots the one still in the feed neck 10 feet into the air?(or more)

If so, Yeah turn your LPR up untill it stops doing that. Then a little bit more if you plan on running uncapped semi.

From my experience with the MQ and MQ2. The whole run your cocker at the lowest cocking pressure idea is BS.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:34 PM #5
cww516
clever text goes here

Definitely can't do it as low as you would with stock internals, that's for sure.

Now that I think about it, mine's pretty low. Don't think I have blowback issues, but I haven't watched the bolt when I shoot to see if I do. Might be worth checking.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:58 PM #6
blame it on god
Rotten to the core

Your bolt jumps when it fires. It's just so fast you can't see it. Even if it isn't causing problems it moves. A 3/8 diameter ram @ 80psi couldn't stop a .680 diameter bolt @ 275+psi from moving completely when underboring.

I would love to see some super slowmo video of it actually happening.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:19 PM #7
x Wild Bill x

Just a thought, but you have the MQ valve plugged into the correct terminal on the boar right? Just thinking you may have it swapped with the cocking solenoid. No way you should have that much blow back, snipers only have a light spring for the pump handle and have very little blow back.
x Wild Bill x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:40 PM #8
blame it on god
Rotten to the core

Standard spring and hammer setups don't have that kind of bolt flyback either. I think it has more to do with the speed that the MQ opens.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:34 PM #9
cww516
clever text goes here

Spring and hammer setups tend to run higher LPR pressures to move said hammer, though, which helps to keep bolt fllyback in check.

Then again, I've seen A/T pump setups that you can fire without holding the pump handle, and fire again by pulling hard enough on the trigger to close the bolt. All depends on the particular setup. Generally, pumps won't have that much flyback because there's a lot more mass at the other end of the pump arm than there is on a semi. And you really should be holding the pump handle anyway
Old 01-26-2012, 03:06 PM #10
imgarrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by x Wild Bill x View Post
Just a thought, but you have the MQ valve plugged into the correct terminal on the boar right? Just thinking you may have it swapped with the cocking solenoid. No way you should have that much blow back, snipers only have a light spring for the pump handle and have very little blow back.
is it even possible to have them backwards?
Old 01-26-2012, 03:17 PM #11
cww516
clever text goes here

You can, same plugs on both. Not much will happen, though, I don't know if the cocking noid port puts out enough juice to open the MQ under pressure.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:21 PM #12
imgarrett

well, i think i found the problem. in my infinite wisdom (lol), i files
d a small notch in the front of the bolt. kinda like the ego bolt. looks like i got a little more carried away than i had thought. looking into the front of the gun there is a huge gap that allows air back into the feed neck. can you say "DUMB ***!!!!" thanks for all the input though. now to order a new bolt.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:26 PM #13
hmcl281

Quote:
Originally Posted by cww516 View Post
You can, same plugs on both. Not much will happen, though, I don't know if the cocking noid port puts out enough juice to open the MQ under pressure.
it will actually work and if it's in classic mode the valve will stay open till you release the trigger. i put the mq in it when i have a sticking issue with the valve.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:36 PM #14
cww516
clever text goes here

Interesting. Then again, you can get them to work with a race frame, and those don't use caps, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I usually only have sticking problems when I run the battery down to 25%. I'm getting quicker at realizing when that happens, though