Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-19-2003, 05:21 PM #1
darksiderz
cocker man

has been a member for 10 years
My first attempt

Im attempting to do some home annodizing. Im starting with my old spyder bolt. Im using red devil lye to strip it right now. Its taking forever. I thought it was supposed to take like 10-15 min but its taken 40 min so far and its still not quite done. I got a couple different sizes of aluminum welding rod from the local welding shop. Ill see which size works the best. I will provide pics as the project comes along. I wont have time until at least monday(probably later) to do the rest of the process. I still havent decided what color to do yet but it will probably end up blue(hopefully) since I have a bunch of extra blue food coloring.

Sponsors
www.danbonebrake.com
www.paintballfirst.com
www.paintballcow.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2004, 12:47 PM #2
-=DFOX=-
Border Bandit

-=DFOX=- is a Supporting Member
Ive seen older Spyder bolts that were painted or powder coated. Red Devil wont touch painted stuff.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:50 PM #3
darksiderz
cocker man

actually the lye worked really well. i didnt leave it in quite long enough so some parts of it didnt get annoed. i ended up dying it green. ill upload some pics soon. i also just finished annoing an old pirhana body that was lying around at work. ill get some pics of that too.