Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-30-2012, 03:32 PM #64
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

PaInTeRjOe_BkO is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by the other one View Post
....you didn't even google it first? ****, you're lazy. I google'd it before I posted, to make sure it was in the top hits.

...and do you remember when you enlisted, and you wanted to go infantry, and we told you to wait... But no, your recruiter got you. And you were too stupid to take our advice. Kind of put me off toward helping you.

...and you obviously haven't changed much.
I don't think I'm the person you're thinking of. Originally I was going to go MP. If I did post in here 3 or 4 years ago before I enlisted stating that I wanted to be grunt, then it was before I even entered DEP. You have the link to the thread you're looking at?

I may be a little lazy in that fact but at least I capitalize proper nouns and underline book titles, especially when trying to guide someone to a book that has a vague title. I appreciate the information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog_153 View Post
why the **** would you want to go marsoc when you dont even have the basic understanding what they do? you are honestly leaving me damn near speechless

we might be more inclined to help you if you admit that your a boot and fell for the commercial again.
Even if I didn't have a basic understanding of what they do, which isn't the truth at all, I could easily go onto their website and read it. But again, that isn't the truth. Like I said before, I've done research. My intentions out of this thread was to get insight into A&S from someone who has been. So far one of the people who posted has been. You guys aren't inclined to help anyone who isn't an avid poster in the military section of PBN. That's how every part of PBN is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
Now do you see why most of us are giving you a hard time? A type personalities with the ability to improvise, make decisions on the fly all whilst having enough commonsense will greatly improve your chances at making it. Something as little as being able to remember to google something before you ask a question goes a long way. You think WE'RE being hard on you? Try and ask that **** over at www.professionalsoldiers.com or Socnet and they will eat you alive.
Does he try to give them book titles that aren't grammatically correct?

Ok- Google things before I ask about them. If that will help me get through A&S then I appreciate that tip guys. The ability to improvise and make fast and good decisions, I knew about that. There are a lot of MOS's that require those skills. And I will be taking to heart any training that will benefit that. Believe me, we are working at doing this-and plan to for almost a year. We're not going to go in cold turkey, this is why I made the thread. I want to know what A&S entails so I can spend less time on stuff that won't help, and more on the stuff that will. When people decide, "Hmm.. I'd like to LAT move to special operations..." they train to do so. This includes mental training too. Again, no ones perfect. If you honestly think everyone who is in MARSOC now as a Critical Skills Operator was tactically perfect and was the perfect decision maker before he went in, you're an idiot. And me being a Motor T operator, or a pog has nothing to do with it. Yeah, it might be harder, but in the end you come out as a MARSOC Operator. There was a Marine who made it that was in the Marine Corps Band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptMotivator View Post
I don't understand why people get so emotional and "hurt" whenever we tell them how it is.

What the **** is our military coming to? Oh yeah....benefit leeches and kids raised on Call of Duty.
I've been as chill as a cucumber this whole time. I have no problem with people being dicks. I just figured that portion of it doesn't help me with the information I need so I disregard it.

...No really, I'm ****ing crying right now because the big boys won't let me use the playground.

I know by now that you have no good insight into this. When I want to know how to become an officer I'll post a thread calling out to CptMotivator.

Last edited by PaInTeRjOe_BkO : 01-30-2012 at 03:46 PM.
PaInTeRjOe_BkO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2012, 03:54 PM #65
Deathmoney07

Deathmoney07 plays in the PSP
Deathmoney07 donated to help Peyton Trent
Deathmoney07 supports our troops
This is goingto turn into the new "military political thread" lol....
Deathmoney07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:36 PM #66
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaInTeRjOe_BkO View Post
I don't think I'm the person you're thinking of. Originally I was going to go MP. If I did post in here 3 or 4 years ago before I enlisted stating that I wanted to be grunt, then it was before I even entered DEP. You have the link to the thread you're looking at?

I may be a little lazy in that fact but at least I capitalize proper nouns and underline book titles, especially when trying to guide someone to a book that has a vague title. I appreciate the information.

Even if I didn't have a basic understanding of what they do, which isn't the truth at all, I could easily go onto their website and read it. But again, that isn't the truth. Like I said before, I've done research. My intentions out of this thread was to get insight into A&S from someone who has been. So far one of the people who posted has been. You guys aren't inclined to help anyone who isn't an avid poster in the military section of PBN. That's how every part of PBN is.

Does he try to give them book titles that aren't grammatically correct?

Ok- Google things before I ask about them. If that will help me get through A&S then I appreciate that tip guys. The ability to improvise and make fast and good decisions, I knew about that. There are a lot of MOS's that require those skills. And I will be taking to heart any training that will benefit that. Believe me, we are working at doing this-and plan to for almost a year. We're not going to go in cold turkey, this is why I made the thread. I want to know what A&S entails so I can spend less time on stuff that won't help, and more on the stuff that will. When people decide, "Hmm.. I'd like to LAT move to special operations..." they train to do so. This includes mental training too. Again, no ones perfect. If you honestly think everyone who is in MARSOC now as a Critical Skills Operator was tactically perfect and was the perfect decision maker before he went in, you're an idiot. And me being a Motor T operator, or a pog has nothing to do with it. Yeah, it might be harder, but in the end you come out as a MARSOC Operator. There was a Marine who made it that was in the Marine Corps Band.

I've been as chill as a cucumber this whole time. I have no problem with people being dicks. I just figured that portion of it doesn't help me with the information I need so I disregard it.

...No really, I'm ****ing crying right now because the big boys won't let me use the playground.

I know by now that you have no good insight into this. When I want to know how to become an officer I'll post a thread calling out to CptMotivator.
Several of the people in my family are/were secret squirrels.

I just don't want to help you.
Old 01-30-2012, 05:40 PM #67
underdog_153

hahaha
Old 01-31-2012, 04:01 AM #68
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

ANYWAYS. The best advice I got for the most part was to look into the book Get Selected and go from there. I also learned that no matter what you ask for out of the military section of PBnation, you will always get a negative response and a minimal amount of help unless you post here at least once a day. Furthermore, I learned that CptMotivator is apparently a 14 year old female living in California with a commission under her belt. I still recommend you change your name to something less flaming.

Thanks to anyone who actually helped in any fashion, there were a couple of you. I will do the rest of the research on other sites.

P.S. You gentlemen didn't sway my choices what-so-ever. I still plan on sticking to my training, reading up on the MOS and ultimately LAT moving into it.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:16 AM #69
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
So what's the plan when you fail out?

Notice I said fail and not drop.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:15 AM #70
/-\dam
****in Yut

has been a member for 10 years
Bull****

I asked for advice before I joined a received a ton of help. The difference? I didn't say I was too lazy to do so.

Furthermore, I barely post in this sub forum but whenever I need help, someone usually comes through.

For whatever reason you don't know this already, its much more efficient for you to help yourself first then ask for help. You basically just opened a thread, said here is what I need go get it. You got what you asked for in the end and you ***** about how you got it, you should be thankful this didn't just fall of the first page.

You are exactly what is wrong with the military today and the last thing and elite unit needs.

Tennessee Titans
/-\dam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:30 AM #71
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
So what's the plan when you fail out?

Notice I said fail and not drop.
Um, I plan on putting my package up in like 5 months at the minimum. So for you even to assume that without having met me or know me on a personal level would be jumping to conclusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by /-\dam View Post
Bull****

I asked for advice before I joined a received a ton of help. The difference? I didn't say I was too lazy to do so.

Furthermore, I barely post in this sub forum but whenever I need help, someone usually comes through.

For whatever reason you don't know this already, its much more efficient for you to help yourself first then ask for help. You basically just opened a thread, said here is what I need go get it. You got what you asked for in the end and you ***** about how you got it, you should be thankful this didn't just fall of the first page.

You are exactly what is wrong with the military today and the last thing and elite unit needs.
Not bull****. Their little rant on me saying I was too lazy to go through past threads in this sub forum was sort of invalid. I told them I've done research, what I didn't do was go through THIS FORUM because I personally doubted the fact that anyone has made a thread wondering what A&S entails and how to train best for it. I based this off the fact that the MOS is almost brand new (compared to other MOS's) and it's always changing. So, even if I DID find a thread, it wouldn't have been the same 5 years ago as it is today. I find that the best info is current info. On an MOS that's always evolving, I figured the best way to find out about it prior to talking to the recruiters would be to talk to someone whose done the training, hopefully recently. I hardly call this thread a success, I got one bit of information that I didn't know of before and that was the name of a book. And for that, I'm grateful. What I had originally asked for still remains to be seen, however. No where in my first post did I rudely demand for anyone to go get me information. I asked if anyone had gone through the MARSOC A&S, and if so would they be willing to answer questions of mine. That turned into a ****fest of bad jokes, invalid arguments and assumptions. None of you want to help me, that's fine. It's not going to defer me. Will I fail out of A&S? If I went right now, abso-****ing-lutely. I'm not prepared at all for it, mostly because I don't know what the training will be. So naturally, I want to ask people who have done it and nobody here wants to help me. I'll bring my questions elsewhere. I know a guy who did the A&S and he's gonna train us on the weekends.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:20 AM #72
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
No, I'm not jumping to any conclusions. Well I did make one, I assumed you wouldn't request to be dropped from the course and would have to be told to leave.

You don't have a plan past "try out for MARSOC team, get *****es"?
Old 01-31-2012, 12:41 PM #73
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
ANYWAYS. The best advice I got for the most part was to look into the book Get Selected and go from there. I also learned that no matter what you ask for out of the military section of PBnation, you will always get a negative response and a minimal amount of help unless you post here at least once a day. Furthermore, I learned that CptMotivator is apparently a 14 year old female living in California with a commission under her belt. I still recommend you change your name to something less flaming.

Thanks to anyone who actually helped in any fashion, there were a couple of you. I will do the rest of the research on other sites.

P.S. You gentlemen didn't sway my choices what-so-ever. I still plan on sticking to my training, reading up on the MOS and ultimately LAT moving into it.

Sounds about right.

And I don't jump to conclusions, only contusions.

Seriously, one does not simply lrn2Infantry in 5 months.

You work on vics for a reason. Remember that.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM #74
the other one
World Peace

has been a member for 10 years
the other one supports our troops
Maybe judging you as lazy from your first post was wrong... But it's damn laziness, incompetence, or both... To not even google "get selected" when you didn't know what it was.

You probably haven't done enough "research" to get on YouTube and look at "two weeks in hell", or watched the "surviving the cut" on netflix instant, have you?

I blog.
the other one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:07 PM #75
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Bet he did watch "Sniper" though...

bringitbackbringitbackbringitback
Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM #76
underdog_153

Quote:

I would put money on the Marine with john cena
Old 01-31-2012, 02:18 PM #77
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

Quote:
No, I'm not jumping to any conclusions. Well I did make one, I assumed you wouldn't request to be dropped from the course and would have to be told to leave.

You don't have a plan past "try out for MARSOC team, get *****es"?
You can go to A&S with 3 months left on your contract, if they select you for MARSOC, then you re-enlist as a CSO and the rest is history I suppose.
I won't argue about you thinking I'll fail out. That's your opinion.

Quote:
Sounds about right.

And I don't jump to conclusions, only contusions.

Seriously, one does not simply lrn2Infantry in 5 months.

You work on vics for a reason. Remember that.
A&S, plus ITC is almost a year of the best, most elite training you could receive besides the other special forces branches. Its safe to say they can turn anyone into a CSO, considering they turned a Tromboner in the Marine Corps band into one. Not only that, but I'm a Motor T Operator, not Mechanic. I don't fix truck, I drive truck.

Quote:
Maybe judging you as lazy from your first post was wrong... But it's damn laziness, incompetence, or both... To not even google "get selected" when you didn't know what it was.

You probably haven't done enough "research" to get on YouTube and look at "two weeks in hell", or watched the "surviving the cut" on netflix instant, have you?
I've youtubed ****ing everything. And I don't get netflix here, so I'd have to torrent surviving the cut. I've run out of videos to youtube.

Quote:

lol at funny joke lol lmfao rofl

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog_153 View Post
I would put money on the Marine with john cena
Great flick and truly represents what all of the Marine Corps does.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:50 PM #78
SniperForce-Duffek
Delta Farce

SniperForce-Duffek plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:

He'll wouldn't know to look for those because they aren't properly capitalized like titles should be.

"May god have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't."
G.S.P
SniperForce-Duffek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:36 AM #79
Carson19
FreeAgent

Quote:

Buy a bullet and rent a gun.... Grow balls and attach to body. Get Some!
Old 02-01-2012, 03:38 AM #80
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperForce-Duffek View Post
He'll wouldn't know to look for those because they aren't properly capitalized like titles should be.
Where do I find a Youtube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carson19 View Post
Buy a bullet and rent a gun.... Grow balls and attach to body. Get Some!
Where do I find a gun and bullet also where do I find get some?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:41 AM #81
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
Where do I find a Youtube?

Where do I find a gun and bullet also where do I find get some?
Shouldn't you be driving someone in a duty van right about now?

Glorified soccer mom.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:25 AM #82
PaInTeRjOe_BkO
HOTCAKE$

Quote:
Shouldn't you be driving someone in a duty van right about now?

Glorified soccer mom.
Don't be mad because I get to sleep on my duties and you have to stay up and sit in a chair.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 AM #83
Carson19
FreeAgent

Quote:
Don't be mad because I get to sleep on my duties and you have to stay up and sit in a chair.
You're a ****bag and a *****! You'll never make it in life.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:35 AM #84
CptMotivator
14/f/cali

Quote:
I can't hear you over the sound of you damn near failing the ASVAB to end up driving as a job. I've seen you and your tard wranglers at Leonard Wood.

Leave the soldiering to the professionals. Maybe one day you'll get to drive some MARSOC guys around and tell all your friends about iit.