Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-25-2012, 04:19 AM #1
fireboss3104

fireboss3104 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
fireboss3104 supports Team VICIOUS
fireboss3104 supports Pev's Paintball
New Bolt For Etek 3.

Hey so i just got an ETEK 3 and its a really nice gun and shoots well. The only problem I have is that it is much louder the my 08 ego and it seemed to be knocking the balls to hard and causing a lot of breaking in the breech. I have tuned the LPR and still had the problem. My 08 never breaks balls. The field paint I was using was on the brittle side but I still want to get a new bolt for it. I have looked at the TECH T KUSH and HUSH bolt and like the fact that they make it a little quiter. The sound doesnt bother since I play speed ball and theres 10 other guns on the field firing too so thats no biggie. Just want a bolt that will be a little softer on the paint and make the marker more efficient. Any suggestions would help.
fireboss3104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2012, 10:59 AM #2
quiksilver2031

quiksilver2031 plays in the PSP
quiksilver2031 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
honestly if im not mistaken the same bolt that is on an ego 08 is also on a etek 3 the ego cure 3 bolt. my friend had an etek 3 and never broke a ball. i would try tuning it a little differently
MiKe CaRtHy #44 In CaRtHy We TrUsT
quiksilver2031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:14 PM #3
TeamLeadersAccount

TeamLeadersAccount owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Try the new pooty bolt message pooty51
TeamLeadersAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 02:25 AM #4
fireboss3104

fireboss3104 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
fireboss3104 supports Team VICIOUS
fireboss3104 supports Pev's Paintball
I thought the cure 3 was in it but I have been told other wise so Im not sure what it is. It looks like the the 3 so i dont know. I have been playing with it to get it to tune but it been giving me problems with inconsistency so its still a work in progress. Thanks for the help anymore insight is still welcome.
fireboss3104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:28 AM #5
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Worry less about the bolt and more about the hammer that drives the bolt. Upgrade to a Zick2 ram kit and you should notice a difference.

If you bought the Etek3 new, it only has the Cure bolt. There's a Cure 3+ and even a Cure 4 now, although i think the Zick2 plus a little setting adjustments will get it close to what you want. However, keep in mind an Etek is NOT an Ego, so it's never going to be identical to your 08.

Last edited by nerdcore : 01-26-2012 at 11:33 AM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 PM #6
gndmepyon
Nothing

has been a member for 10 years
gndmepyon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gndmepyon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gndmepyon supports Team VICIOUS
Zick 2 will provide little change. Mostly you need to break the marker in. 20k shots or so. After that sweet spot the dwell and lpr. Also, paint is always more brittle in the cold and brand new PE guns are known to be a little "twitchy" in the cold until they are broken in. If, after breaking it in, you still feel the need for a new bolt just get the Cure 4.
gndmepyon is offline   Reply With Quote