Old 01-16-2012, 08:02 PM #1
Boomer94
Easy

Boomer94 is BST Trusted
Boomer94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Boomer94 posts videos on PbNation
Boomer94 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Best field in KS

I am looking for a great place to play for a birthday party, and hopefully many weekends afterwards.
I would like some opinions on the best places to play in KS
I live in Olathe, fyi

I hope this is a good place for this thread, I'm relatively new to the forums
Thanks
Boomer
Old 01-16-2012, 08:14 PM #2
FalconMan281

FalconMan281 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FalconMan281 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
It depends if you are looking for speedball or woodsball. 280 is good indoor field in grandview with airball. Dropzone is good for woodsball and get some airball on certain days a month.

I prefer 280 for the drive and total cost to play. Its free b4 12 on sundays from what they have said on here.
FalconMan281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:00 PM #3
JordanJones6
Doin It

JordanJones6 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JordanJones6 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
The edge is great man, its in wichita Ks and its got alot of friendly people and the refs are always working hard to make sure your group is having the most fun they can. they have an assortment of woodsball courses and a speedball field
Old 01-16-2012, 09:53 PM #4
Boomer94
Easy

Boomer94 is BST Trusted
280 sounds like it will be the best bet. Next time I get the chance though I'm going to head down to The Edge
Thanks guys
Old 01-17-2012, 09:26 PM #5
smokefools66
Overkill is underrated

smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Team VICIOUS
smokefools66 supports Empire
Ya the Edge is great for around here I've been playin there since 03 or 04 when they were still on tyler, also graffiti is a lot of fun.

smokefools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:10 PM #6
Matte

Annual Supporting Member
Edge Paintball Adventures

Rentals:
A-5 RT's with Nitro Low profile hopper and Extreme Rage Goggle
M-98's with Nitro and Er Goggs
Bt-4 Rentals
Eclipse Etha Rentals 52 cui fiber tank, Halo too

2011 Sup Air put up for tourney play & Specific Practices
2008 Sup Airball Up every weekend

Woods courses:
Assassins Alley ( Trench warfare )

Fort Apache ( Stockade style Fort )

Firebase Bravo ( Huge Vietnam Style Firebase Towers Ammo Dumps 1,000's of Sand Bags and a Tank )

Buneker Hill ( Log Cabins and fortified hills to attack watch out for the Swamp though )

The Town of Sleepy Hallow ( Very Scary town built back in the woods )

Savage Village ( UWL Style woods course )

The Jungle ( All Natural woods course )
Matte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:49 PM #7
ultranoobify
Little spoon for life.

ultranoobify owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
You should check out Elite Sports in Salina if you ever get the chance. They have an absolutely amazing tournament course and all of the guys are very welcoming.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:16 PM #8
HearsaWho

How could you send anybody to that hole in the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconMan281 View Post
It depends if you are looking for speedball or woodsball. 280 is good indoor field in grandview with airball. Dropzone is good for woodsball and get some airball on certain days a month.

I prefer 280 for the drive and total cost to play. Its free b4 12 on sundays from what they have said on here.
You must hate this guy... I love the climate controlled part it means they'll open a door. They're so good they cancel more tournaments then they hold.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:31 AM #9
FalconMan281

FalconMan281 is a Supporting Member
FalconMan281 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearsaWho View Post
You must hate this guy... I love the climate controlled part it means they'll open a door. They're so good they cancel more tournaments then they hold.
Don't hate him....just his proximity to fields I didn't find it fair to recommend fields that are 3 hours away. I gave him the best options within close proximity. I would only drive 3 hours to play for a practice or a tournament...not just for some rec play.
FalconMan281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:50 AM #10
vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
Boomer.
All the fields are within a reasonable drive. Take the time and play all of them at least once then make your decision. It's the field that suits your playing ability and preferences that will be best for you. Besides, asking which is best on nation is best described as a cliche. Opinions are like *******s. Everyone has one and you know the rest.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:38 PM #11
snoller
lurking in the background

Annual Supporting Member
snoller is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
snoller is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by vesparider View Post
Boomer.
All the fields are within a reasonable drive. Take the time and play all of them at least once then make your decision. It's the field that suits your playing ability and preferences that will be best for you. Besides, asking which is best on nation is best described as a cliche. Opinions are like *******s. Everyone has one and you know the rest.

pretty much, any field that vesparider is at you dont want to play at

-scooter (wr)

p8ntball@ddict: If I had T-Mobile, you would be in my MyFaves
MR.JABM:Hi everyone, i'm snoller. I have an avatar changing addiction
Auctionjunkie!: If nothing else Scott you are passionate on your thoughts and topics. Kudos to you.
jdev: snoller, do you have the ability to make food that is not epic? or is everything you make just pretty epic?
TheMike: How do you take off a bra one handed? Theres too many styles of clasps, and I dont want to look like a fool in front of the woman..
snoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:53 PM #12
Boomer94
Easy

Boomer94 is BST Trusted
Cmon guys, stop hating. You all obviously have your favorite fields. I will set out to try them all and form my own opinion and the only way I'll to find one I really like is by not listening to your smack talk on other fields. Thanks for the referrals though.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:29 AM #13
Ghost Recons Punishe
Proud CO of GR

We play at DropZone, Jaegers, and the Edge and find good competition and good attitudes at each. We dont frequent parks where players are allowed to have poor and unsportsman attitudes.

Haters come and go. After ten plus years Ghsot Recon is still here and still over forty members strong. Try each field and decide for yourself.

Also onlyy a noob would not understand why tourneys get cancelled. The field offers an oppurtunity for teams to play. If teams dont sign up then its on them. Thank you to 280 for continuing to try to hold tourneys even though teams dont show. Ti,es are hard for pb right now.
Join us at our events at Drop Zone Extreme Sports
Ghost Recons Punishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM #14
ghost93

ghost93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ghost93 is for the Gunfight
ghost93 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ghost93 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoller View Post

-scooter (wr)
Boom, roasted.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:48 PM #15
ion_phantom
#mynameisbubbaa

ion_phantom plays in the PSP
ion_phantom plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by HearsaWho View Post
Ummmm actually "we" 280 paintball havent cancelled any tournaments. We simply "hosted" the ESS winter series, Jake from Graffiti(?) is the one who runs it. Its not his fault people dont wanna play a cheap as tournament with good prizes... So he's forced to cancel it.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:17 PM #16
killjoy#00ccr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion_phantom View Post
Ummmm actually "we" 280 paintball havent cancelled any tournaments. We simply "hosted" the ESS winter series, Jake from Graffiti(?) is the one who runs it. Its not his fault people dont wanna play a cheap as tournament with good prizes... So he's forced to cancel it.
its jake with elite sports but he is right

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post74226759

241 crosseyed 08 ego blk vice with oled bring geo2 g6rs
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post74338226
killjoy#00ccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:43 PM #17
killjoy#00ccr

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoller View Post

-scooter (wr)
wich he is at every feild so guess u probaly better not play and sit around and jerk it if gay boy scooter

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...9#post74226759

241 crosseyed 08 ego blk vice with oled bring geo2 g6rs
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...1#post74338226
killjoy#00ccr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 PM #18
"V"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion_phantom View Post
This is absolutely correct besides the "Graffiti" Part. We had a great experience playing at 280. Price was right. Weather was Great. Even the 3man teams got some practice in. Not like other places where the upper divisions rule and field time is limited to beginner/novice teams.

Killjoy, Vespa doesn't put much stock into what "smart mouth lil *****es" write on the internet. I'm sure the out come would be different if somehow it was said in person.
"V" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 09:55 PM #19
BillyBob79

In the Kansas City area your closest options are 280, Jaegers, Castle Rock, and DropZone. 280 is good indoor if there's a crowd playing, but if you bring your own crowd you'll have fun.

Jaegers isn't bad since there's pretty much always a decent crowd, even if it's just rental players. They have indoor fields in the limestone caves, a nice outdoor airball field (during warmer months), and a small woodsball field that I haven't played.

Castle Rock was formerly known as Homeland Paintball and is an all outdoor field. The field itself is awesome but the former management wasn't the best at handling anymore than a few players. From what I hear the new management is working on fixing the issues that existed which would make it a good choice for the warmer months.

And lastly there's DropZone Paintball. DZ is an outdoor field that offers woodsball, scenario events hosted by Ghost Recon and airball (on select weekends). They aren't open much during the winter but from about March to October there's usually good crowds with a mix of different skill levels. There's a reason why DZ is the oldest field in the area and they're still doing well. They also have 3 full service retail shops in the area. Located in Lawrence, Topeka, and Olathe.

Then there's the other fields that are quite farther away such as The Edge, Frog Holler, Graffiti, Elite, etc. The Edge being the only one of those fields I've been to it's the only one I'll speak on. I've only been to 2 scenario games there and had a good time both times. They seem to have the best airball setup I've seen in Kansas even though I haven't played on it.

Try them all and find the field you like best. Sometimes it's not the field itself but the people at it that make the difference.

Last edited by BillyBob79 : 01-23-2012 at 09:58 PM.
BillyBob79 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups