Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 02:10 PM #22
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

mrtramplefoot supports DLX Technology
I'd suggest android, but get a galaxy nexus not a razr

"Originally posted by Ziya92: Apple in all their creativity could have chosen, at the very least, a flavorful cultivar such as the Blenheim Orange. "

"Originally posted by {InsertUsernameHere}: lol france."
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2012, 10:09 PM #23
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volucris View Post
android: unstable and more customization
iphone: more stable but less customization
yep yep

Instagram
Old 01-26-2012, 12:21 AM #24
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan777 View Post
Going to the store and was going to try out both of these options. Specifically what issues are RAZR owners having?
Issues? motoblur. If you don't know why that is bad just get the iPhone...or the Galaxy Nexus those are the only phones worth the money IMHO
Old 01-26-2012, 12:35 AM #25
paintballking72
Yummy! :-)

paintballking72 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I wanted to try out a Galaxy Nexus, just to see what all the hype was about, even though I'm an iPhone guy myself. Just happened to be in Best Buy one day.

Saw the Nexus display. Walk over, pick up phone. Dummy phone. to Best Buy, or whoever is in charge of getting an actual working phone in that display.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:24 AM #26
atm743

has been a member for 10 years
atm743 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
like digitard said, go to the store and play around with the phone and see how you like em.

i had the galaxy nexus and it was really nice but the battery life was just god awful and i didn't like the scrolling in most apps (it was very laggy and jittery in some apps (engadet and Facebook) while the iPhone 4s is nice and smooth. and the battery life is amazing. i don't see all this hub bub about 4s battery issues. battery life is better than my iPhone 4 when i got it new

personally i like the feel of how IOS runs and fells BUT (and this is a big but) if i was not able to jailbreak it and do do the system tweaks i have now i would just stuck with my nexus and lived with the battery life)

personally i would just get the iPhone 4s and jailbreak it. might want to do it soon being that once 5.1 is out you'll loose the jailbreak and no way to downgrade. (i've read that even with shsh blobs you still can't downgrade once apple stops signing it)
Old 01-26-2012, 12:14 PM #27
DYEnamic
Architecture Student

DYEnamic owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DYEnamic supports Team VICIOUS
I personally have used both. My mother and sister both have the iphone and i currently have the razr. I will say both have stellar build quality. Apple's iphone feels like a solid little glass brick in your hand, great size and good weight to it. That said it seems like it is a bit fragile because of all the glass. (My sister has broken her back glass already.) Therefore make sure you invest in a good case if you choose the iphone.

The razr is also a very sturdy device. Ive had previous android devices and this phone has been the best android experience ive had. Its very responsive and has awesome screen resolution. I personally choose the razr for the screen size. I was looking for something that i could browse the web and still be able to see the text.

Just my two cents.
LUXE #10
Ninja Nerve Shocker SFT
Infamous Intimidator
Ninja PMR Cobalt PM6 w/ul
Classic Impulse MANIAC 06 Ego
PayPal Verified
Old 01-26-2012, 12:33 PM #28
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

IntenseImage is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Originally Posted by atm743 View Post
i had the galaxy nexus and it was really nice but the battery life was just god awful
I know battery life with ANY phone is subject to many factors: Screen brightness, signal strength, wifi on, gps on, screen on time, refresh of widgets (sorry iphone) ...

But on my GNex ... today alone (4g active but only connected to a VERY weak 3g signal and with 45 mins of screen on time) my phone has been off charger for 8 hrs and Im at 75% battery. Not saying its the absolute best, and I know I could get more, but this will easily last me until 11 pm when it goes back on its charger.

For this user, if he is considering the Razr, he could hold out a few days for the new Razr Maxx that has a larger battery (doesnt add much thickness to the phone) which allows for 21 HOURS of talk time and 380 (iirc) hours of standby
Old 01-26-2012, 01:00 PM #29
AuxiliaryPie
iLurk

I'm running a custom kernel on my GNex which is underclocked to 920mhz and it disables a core when the screen is off...battery life easily doubled. Though if you're keeping it stock, battery is ****ty. But that trade off gets you bigger screen, 4G, faster processor so there is a reason behind the battery life
Old 01-26-2012, 01:46 PM #30
Zues532
:dodgy:

If you don't want to have to change anything and have a phone that works well out of the box, get the iPhone.

If you want a phone that you have to learn something about, and modify it for the sake of maximizing the performance (and you will notice performance enhancements across the board) than get any Android based phone with a dual core processor and an unlocked bootloader.

You're welcome.
Old 01-26-2012, 01:49 PM #31
Strick3n
the pwnerer

When you buy a android device, some percentage of money goes to Lucas arts, that's pretty cool, but droid os is amazingly bad/laggy.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:00 PM #32
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick3n View Post
When you buy a android device, some percentage of money goes to Lucas arts, that's pretty cool, but droid os is amazingly bad/laggy.
maybe if you buy a ****ty cheap one, my galaxy s II never lags and is awesome

"Originally posted by Ziya92: Apple in all their creativity could have chosen, at the very least, a flavorful cultivar such as the Blenheim Orange. "

Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM #33
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strick3n View Post
droid os is amazingly bad/laggy.
Disagree somewhat -- buy a base android phone with horrible skinning/bloating of AOSP, sure
Old 01-27-2012, 05:56 AM #34
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

galaxy nexus is only $100 at amazon right now so I'd strongly suggest that

Old 01-27-2012, 10:12 AM #35
atm743

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseImage View Post
Disagree somewhat -- buy a base android phone with horrible skinning/bloating of AOSP, sure
my nexus was no where near as laggy and as other android phones with bloat skins and BS but basic apps like Facebook or engadget would lag when scrolling. its pretty bad. don't understand why the phone does this with a nice dual core chip and supposedly hardware acceleration
Old 01-27-2012, 10:17 AM #36
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Scrolling has always been weird with android. Not necessarily laggy, just weird all around.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 01-27-2012, 10:36 AM #37
atm743

indeed. its improved on the nexus allot over past android phones but its still really bad in some apps which makes no sense. the browser is allot better than before imo (though dolphin seems to be the best imo on android)

i guess i've been spoiled with the iPhone smoothness.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:08 AM #38
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
I've had a couple of hiccups with scrolling on my Thunderbolt, but apart from that, it's been silky smooth.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 01-27-2012, 12:24 PM #39
IntenseImage
Death Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm743 View Post
indeed. its improved on the nexus allot over past android phones but its still really bad in some apps which makes no sense. the browser is allot better than before imo (though dolphin seems to be the best imo on android)

i guess i've been spoiled with the iPhone smoothness.
Some apps simply havent been updated yet to work flawlessly with ICS ... I havent tried Engadget but my FB app scrolls nicely. I also have Force GPU processing on
Old 01-27-2012, 06:55 PM #40
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Don't buy Motorola or LG.

Pro-tip.
Old 01-27-2012, 07:04 PM #41
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
Don't buy Motorola or LG.

Pro-tip.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 01-27-2012, 09:34 PM #42
mrtramplefoot
I dont really own a Luxe

in other words buy samsung or samsung

Closed Thread