Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 01-23-2012, 12:02 PM #1
deathonastick

deathonastick supports Cereal Killerz 2
deathonastick has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Conceptualizing a New League

Hey guys,

A few of us were discussing contemporary paintball leagues after looking over the new NPL format and trying to figure out what we think would be best for the sport and for the player today. The NPL's format is strange, but we liked the idea of a regular season, unlike the stress of a traditional tournament.

We got to talking more and more seriously about our ideal format, and got to the point where we're now considering a new, more sport-typical league within New England.

Our idea is this:

We would have 12 fields over New England host 12 home teams. Each team would cover a $450 dollar fee to hold their franchise spot. Every two weeks from May - August you have either a home game or an away game on Sundays, comprising what would be the regular season. A brief post-season would consist of the top four, and then, ultimately, a Cup Championship game to decide the league's champion. This would hopefully allow players enough time to work during the week, practice, and have enough money to stay competitive. Our format would be 5-man, semi-automatic (to help with paint cost), without coaching. It would run as two twenty-minute halves, CTF, with the game clock stopping after every point for two minutes to ready your team for the next point (much like the PSP, spare ramping/coaching).

Obviously, if we get this off the ground, a more intricate rulebook will be created.

We are not looking to profit, which means that all of the money would go toward rewarding series champions and paying to have a head, unbiased, referee at each game. We would ask for the fields hosting the teams help in comprising an appropriate reffing staff otherwise.

In the interest of benefitting the home fields, all paint would be purchased the day of the game from the home field. We hope to set a regulated price for gamedays that benefits both the players' wallets and the fields' needs.

We hope that this would be beneficial to fields in that: you have high paint sales on a day that would be typically significantly less; that you are not incurring any cost to the league, just profit for the field; you are garnering recognizition for your field by hosting a home team; you do not have the physical hardships that hosting a day-long tournament entails; you are utilizing only one field for the duration of the game, allowing room for rec play at the rest of your facility to continue uninhibited.

We hope that this would be beneficial to players in that: your team is paying a one time fee of $450 for the season, spread over up to 9 rostered players, rather than the same price or more for every event; you have enough games over the course of the season that you do not have the high pressue situation of a one-day tournament where a minor mistake can cost you your day and your money; by eliminating ramping and (hopefully) regulating a reasonable paint price, you will ultimately pay less or close to the same for a much longer season with a lot more play; the money payed by each team will result (tentatively right now) in seeing a $3000 prize for our champion and a $1000 prize for runner-up (the remainder of the money will go toward refereeing); what we consider an incredibly fun, gameday format with the best possible ruleset.

What I ask for now is your input. We really would like to get this off the ground starting in May, but we'd need 12 interested fields/teams (we would host a field and team out of Birch Hill, so we'd need 11 more). We can only cut costs and optimize such a league with help from the fields involved. We hope that you can see the benefits of the potential format.

If you, your team, your field, or anyone you know has any interest, then let us know. It may not work out, but we'd love to see this come to life.

Constructive criticism, praise, questions, and input are all welcome. We hope to get signups going ASAP.

New England's Premier Paintball League, NEPPL

Old Trust
deathonastick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-23-2012, 12:13 PM #2
Rique98
Gun Whore in Training

Rique98 plays in the PSP
Rique98 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Rique98 posts videos on PbNation
Rique98 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Sounds good! It may get more popularity if you switch it to ramping 12.5 as that seems to be the favorable format. Also, do you plan on using PSP, CXBL or NPPL formats or are you going to create something original?

Last edited by Rique98 : 01-23-2012 at 12:24 PM.
Rique98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:30 PM #3
deathonastick

If it's considered generally favorable by the majority, ramping would be considered, but in the interest of cost effectiveness over the season, we're leaning toward semi.

Layouts may be inspired by 5-man NEPL or PSP, but will more than likely be original.

Thanks for your input!

Old Trust
Old 01-23-2012, 01:21 PM #4
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Fox4paintball is a Professional paintball player
Fox4paintball is an Ultimate field/store owner
Fox4paintball plays in the PSP
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fox4paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Fox4paintball plays in the APPA D4 division
well...I'd want to sit down - face to face with you to discuss the league.

Some of my initial thoughts:
1 - 2x 20 minute halves with stop clock - that's a lot of points - I'm guessing 20 points (40 minutes total - 2 minutes per point) - maybe a lot more if the teams are unbalanced.

2 - It works out to roughly 1hour and 20 minutes - assuming no half time and no timeouts.

3 - figuring a case per point (best guess) - you're looking at paint sales of 40 case (2 teams) for the day

4 - How many refs would you want the home field to supply? Without league supplied refs how do you expect to get around the claim of bias refs?

5 - How many fields have the facility that can handle this - full x-ball field, scoreboard, pits with Air, etc...

6 - Why are you going to play x-ball with semi - isn't the PSP format the most popular format played today? (just looking at total teams playing today vs other leagues)

7 - If you want a season with timed matches - why not just play foXball?
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Fox4paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:35 PM #5
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
You're going to have a hard time convincing teams who are already committed to NEXL, foXball (and PSP) for the 2012 season.

You're also making the same mistake the NPL did: developing yet another new format, without first consulting the team owners & players you want to participate in it, and expecting anyone to sign up.

I am personally open to discussion about new formats, but I wouldn't consider anything new unless we're talking about 2013 and beyond.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:45 PM #6
deathonastick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox4paintball View Post
well...I'd want to sit down - face to face with you to discuss the league.

Some of my initial thoughts:
1 - 2x 20 minute halves with stop clock - that's a lot of points - I'm guessing 20 points (40 minutes total - 2 minutes per point) - maybe a lot more if the teams are unbalanced.

2 - It works out to roughly 1hour and 20 minutes - assuming no half time and no timeouts.

3 - figuring a case per point (best guess) - you're looking at paint sales of 40 case (2 teams) for the day

4 - How many refs would you want the home field to supply? Without league supplied refs how do you expect to get around the claim of bias refs?

5 - How many fields have the facility that can handle this - full x-ball field, scoreboard, pits with Air, etc...

6 - Why are you going to play x-ball with semi - isn't the PSP format the most popular format played today? (just looking at total teams playing today vs other leagues)

7 - If you want a season with timed matches - why not just play foXball?
Thank you for your input!

The long periods are to compensate for the fact that many teams will have to travel a good amount. It wouldn't be worth it to play one match for 20 minutes if you have to travel an hour. As far as unbalanced teams are concerned, there would be a certain point at which a mercy rule would be implemented.

The more paint the better for the growing fields, and it's my hope that the two week periods between games will help the players monetarily. We are utilizing a semi-auto format to help as well.

The home field supplying refs is what will help to make this league work while keeping costs down. As stated in the OP, the extra money not used for the series prizes will be used to supply games with at least one trained, unbiased head referee to moderate. We are not looking to profit, so all measures that can be taken to have appropriate refereeing while, at the same time, keeping costs down for the players will be taken.

As far as field preparedness, I am hardly expecting perfection. We will work with what is available to us, and will appreciate every field's willingness to do so. If need be (and depending on the fields who show interest and their facilities) I would reconsider the timing of the halves to allot for more preparation between points (presuming accomodating pits are unavailable).

You can call it xball if you like, but it's simply timed five-man. To cut ramping is to cut back, substantially, the cost for each team. We aren't talking a tournament every other month here, we're talking a game every two weeks, so it's important to take necessary measures with minimizing cost. As I stated above, if it's majorly considered to be the better option by the teams involved, then ramping it is.

I want a season with timed matches and bi-weekly games that cater to individual teams and make them feel like it's their day. My intent is to start this league, in large part, to detract from the tournament feel and give it the feel of a more traditional sport. But, I'm sure foXball is great, and it'll be where I go should this idea fail!

Thanks for your input, again! Please feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

Old Trust
Old 01-23-2012, 01:49 PM #7
deathonastick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
You're going to have a hard time convincing teams who are already committed to NEXL, foXball (and PSP) for the 2012 season.

You're also making the same mistake the NPL did: developing yet another new format, without first consulting the team owners & players you want to participate in it, and expecting anyone to sign up.

I am personally open to discussion about new formats, but I wouldn't consider anything new unless we're talking about 2013 and beyond.
Thank you for your input!

We are not doing what NPL did concerning playing format. It is a very familiar playing format to most. We're using the NPL's good idea and omitting the poorly constructed one.

We are simply spreading paintball out in a more formal season catered to the teams involved, rather than a tournament-style day every other month.

If regular tournament teams in the NEXL and such are too occupied elsewhere, then I wish them the best of luck in their respective leagues. This is open division, and the hope is that it is less expensive overall for teams, so we hope to see lots of faces old, certainly, but new, hopefully.

Old Trust
Old 01-23-2012, 02:25 PM #8
jmartinez1228
XXVIII

"The home field supplying refs is what will help to make this league work while keeping costs down. As stated in the OP, the extra money not used for the series prizes will be used to supply games with at least one trained, unbiased head referee to moderate"

Who is paying this home field for their refs? If I played this league I'd have a hard time believing some "unbiased" refs reffing our game. Especially if it's at a teams home field. I could care less if the field provided the refs. But when you are playing a team on their home field with their own refs? I can't even begin to immagine the complaints that you are going to hear. "We lost this game because the ref wipped them down" blablabla.
jmartinez1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM #9
shock2k3
get hostile

shock2k3 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
shock2k3 plays in the APPA D4 division
Needs league reffing and field set up. It will be rough enough as it is with different field dimensions, bunkers, pits and playing surface

People will ***** 10x worse if they can blame every field they go to for bad reffing. Also take into account that semi is harder/more expensive to ref properly, and yet another reason for teams to ***** about reffing (ie when the ref makes a call on a bouncy gun)

Not trying to shoot you down, just pointing out a couple things that the players will complain about, wether they are true or not. you are giving them the excuses to blame you/the fields for their losses
Old 01-23-2012, 02:31 PM #10
Q man
GNDB!

Annual Supporting Member
Q man plays in the PSP
Q man plays in the APPA D4 division
Q man has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Q man has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Q man has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Q man has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
This would be a great if it were ramping, and paint was 28-30 dollars a case. I bet you would get many many teams then. Fact is it wont happen because of cost to run fields and pay refs, etc...

Sounds fun, Most are commited to foxball and or other leagues.

I do love the season outlook to it though. Paintball is not cheap like basketball and other sports, so the cheapest and most common format used will get the teams, regardless of the feelings about a field and or distance.

If it is cheap they will come.... lol
Q man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:35 PM #11
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Other concerns and/or observations:

1 - Ramping vs no ramping does not materially impact paint use in my opinion - I'm sure others have different opinions, but I just don't see a large impact on use.

2 - Playing every other week somewhere - When do teams practice? When do fields hold rotations (to generate revenue)? Keeping in mind that fields also have other events already scheduled - 3-man, 5-man and/or x-ball - not to mention scenario games and the like. Also – when it comes to practice you’re going to have 12 teams spread out over 6 fields every other weekend – it will be tough to organize any type of rotation/practice the same day you hold an event because teams will be so spread out.

3 - 12 fields/teams - means 6 matches every other weekend or 3 every week - that means at a minimum you need 3 "head refs" - maybe as many as 6. 16 weekends - 3 matches per = pay for 54 Head Ref days. Say you pay the head ref $50 (covering a 2 hour match, some gas money and maybe lunch) - that equates to $2,700 - if you had 12 teams buy in at $450 and paid out $4K in prizes you're left with: $1,400 - seems you have a it of a shortfall (~$1,300) or you're planning on paying "head refs" $25 per match. Doesnt' seem like enough to wake up early for.

4 - Why would teams want to join the league if they played at Fox 4, Matts or Maynard with full x-ball set-ups and all there away matches were at facilities offering less? Seems to me you have to have a minimum expectation on what will be supplied as a playing field and facility.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 01-23-2012, 02:39 PM #12
deathonastick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartinez1228 View Post
"The home field supplying refs is what will help to make this league work while keeping costs down. As stated in the OP, the extra money not used for the series prizes will be used to supply games with at least one trained, unbiased head referee to moderate"

Who is paying this home field for their refs? If I played this league I'd have a hard time believing some "unbiased" refs reffing our game. Especially if it's at a teams home field. I could care less if the field provided the refs. But when you are playing a team on their home field with their own refs? I can't even begin to immagine the complaints that you are going to hear. "We lost this game because the ref wipped them down" blablabla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shock2k3 View Post
Needs league reffing and field set up. It will be rough enough as it is with different field dimensions, bunkers, pits and playing surface

People will ***** 10x worse if they can blame every field they go to for bad reffing. Also take into account that semi is harder/more expensive to ref properly, and yet another reason for teams to ***** about reffing (ie when the ref makes a call on a bouncy gun)

Not trying to shoot you down, just pointing out a couple things that the players will complain about, wether they are true or not. you are giving them the excuses to blame you/the fields for their losses
Thank you for your input guys! Agreed, it will be a great opportunity for people to blame points on. The fact is that keeping it cost-effective would be difficult without some reliance on all home fields for refereeing.

If we were to charge $1000 for the season, then we'd be able to get some league referees to moderate the games, but I'd like to be able to keep it close to $500 if that's possible. If $1000 is what needs to happen for people to be happy, then that's the route we'll go.

We won't be paying the fields any extra for the use of their referees who would be working regardless, but we will be bringing them a lot in paint sales. I realize that not all fields would be thrilled about devoting any number of referees to one match for that long, and those are not the fields who will be participating in the league, which is fine.

The hope right now is to have one league-sanctioned referee in attendance at all matches in addition to the home field's refereeing staff.

Old Trust
Old 01-23-2012, 02:45 PM #13
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
Field will need to evaluate the potential revenue this will bring in vs the potential revenue of other uses of the field would bring in.

Fact is I don't have nearly enough "regular" refs on staff to put 6-8 refs on the tourament field.

When we hold rotations (practices) we offer the teams a fair price (IMHO) and we require them to refs a few matches - this helps keep the costs down for them. I only staff tournament refs on tournament days. And usually this means my "Home" team is reffing - but this this league they'd be playing - very difficult, IMHO, to staff refs for this event.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 01-23-2012, 02:50 PM #14
jmartinez1228
XXVIII

Not having good reffing can absolutely KILL any league. People arent going to want to play. Heck I stopped playing nepl all together because of the bad reffing, and that wasn't because of my experiences but just what I saw, not heard.

Last edited by jmartinez1228 : 01-23-2012 at 02:52 PM.
jmartinez1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:55 PM #15
deathonastick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q man View Post
This would be a great if it were ramping, and paint was 28-30 dollars a case. I bet you would get many many teams then. Fact is it wont happen because of cost to run fields and pay refs, etc...

Sounds fun, Most are commited to foxball and or other leagues.

I do love the season outlook to it though. Paintball is not cheap like basketball and other sports, so the cheapest and most common format used will get the teams, regardless of the feelings about a field and or distance.

If it is cheap they will come.... lol
Thanks for the input! We are hopefully going to work out a regulated paint cost among the fields for the league's game days, and we're seeking very reasonable prices because of the quantity we expect to be used as far as paint goes.

The hope is that it will be a cheap, friendly, fun environment, but it is very dependent on the fields that will host the teams and their feelings.

Quote:
Other concerns and/or observations:

1 - Ramping vs no ramping does not materially impact paint use in my opinion - I'm sure others have different opinions, but I just don't see a large impact on use.

2 - Playing every other week somewhere - When do teams practice? When do fields hold rotations (to generate revenue)? Keeping in mind that fields also have other events already scheduled - 3-man, 5-man and/or x-ball - not to mention scenario games and the like. Also – when it comes to practice you’re going to have 12 teams spread out over 6 fields every other weekend – it will be tough to organize any type of rotation/practice the same day you hold an event because teams will be so spread out.

3 - 12 fields/teams - means 6 matches every other weekend or 3 every week - that means at a minimum you need 3 "head refs" - maybe as many as 6. 16 weekends - 3 matches per = pay for 54 Head Ref days. Say you pay the head ref $50 (covering a 2 hour match, some gas money and maybe lunch) - that equates to $2,700 - if you had 12 teams buy in at $450 and paid out $4K in prizes you're left with: $1,400 - seems you have a it of a shortfall (~$1,300) or you're planning on paying "head refs" $25 per match. Doesnt' seem like enough to wake up early for.

4 - Why would teams want to join the league if they played at Fox 4, Matts or Maynard with full x-ball set-ups and all there away matches were at facilities offering less? Seems to me you have to have a minimum expectation on what will be supplied as a playing field and facility.
1. I respectfully disagree. I have seen xball turn away many because of exorbitant potential paint cost.

2. Teams practice on off weekends and saturdays at their home fields, though that is their concern. You said it yourself that you'll have six facilities in use (on only one of their fields) on a game day meaning once per month each field will have to host a game which you boiled down to lasting about and an hour and a half. I wouldn't think once a month on one field for an hour and a half would be too painful. Rotations are lucrative, yes, but the hope is that this will be as well for the fields involved. I am very sorry, in advance, if the league affects any field's ability to garner revenue.

3. Agreed, not too much money to be made for a referee there. If need be, the cost for the season will be raised. What's beneficial is that with 12 teams a cost increase of just $100 per team will generate another $1200 to help there, and that or more may just need to happen. I don't want to make it hugely expensive, but what helps is that price spread over the amount of rostered players, and only having to pay it once for the season. Please bare in mind I'm working this out, nothing is finalized yet.

EDIT: Forgot about four, sorry

4. I am not in the business of attempting to support largely successful fields while discarding smaller ones. I would be proud to help any smaller field grow, that is one of the intentions of this league, even if that means not having games held next to fifteen air stations under a score board with the most current xball bunkers available.

Old Trust

Last edited by deathonastick : 01-23-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:58 PM #16
deathonastick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmartinez1228 View Post
Not having good reffing can absolutely KILL any league. People arent going to want to play. Heck I stopped playing nepl all together because of the bad reffing, and that wasn't because of my experiences but just what I saw, not heard.
Quote:
Field will need to evaluate the potential revenue this will bring in vs the potential revenue of other uses of the field would bring in.

Fact is I don't have nearly enough "regular" refs on staff to put 6-8 refs on the tourament field.

When we hold rotations (practices) we offer the teams a fair price (IMHO) and we require them to refs a few matches - this helps keep the costs down for them. I only staff tournament refs on tournament days. And usually this means my "Home" team is reffing - but this this league they'd be playing - very difficult, IMHO, to staff refs for this event.

Well then it looks like if there'll be a major problem it'll be reffing. Perhaps, then, cost will need to increase some. Thanks a bunch guys, you're really helping me to figure this out.

Old Trust
Old 01-23-2012, 03:07 PM #17
Fox4paintball
Home of upTon 187 cRew

Annual Supporting Member
it's not that there won't be time for practices - it's that the teams will be at other fields - every other weekend teams are spread out over 6 different fields - I'm guessing possibly hours a part - meaning they won't be traveling to another field the same day to practice.

Truthfully I have major concerns around a few key issues:
1 - How do you get regulated paint costs due to large volumes - We'll be consuming 40 cases for that one weekend a month - I'm confident that several fields in New England consume 10X that every week or two. And I have no desire to buy anything other then RPS paint from KEE Action Sports.

2 - Reffing will be vastly different field to field.

3 - what is the value the "League" brings to the table? Hope to have a head ref at every match? Maybe you've failed to understand why other leagues charge what they charge. It costs real money to run a field and continually improve your offering year after year. it cost money for new bunkers every year, new pit areas, new staging areas for x-ball teams, new turf, new netting, Scoreboards, quality reffing (and lots of them), field expansion (blasting rock out, etc..).

Maybe I'm just missing the point - I'm happy to sit down with you face to face to discuss all these issues and see if we can work something out that will benefit everyone, but I won't be jumping in blind.
Home of upTon 187 cRew
(508) 529-FOX4 (3694)
www.fox4paintball.com
Old 01-23-2012, 03:19 PM #18
deathonastick

Quote:
it's not that there won't be time for practices - it's that the teams will be at other fields - every other weekend teams are spread out over 6 different fields - I'm guessing possibly hours a part - meaning they won't be traveling to another field the same day to practice.

Truthfully I have major concerns around a few key issues:
1 - How do you get regulated paint costs due to large volumes - We'll be consuming 40 cases for that one weekend a month - I'm confident that several fields in New England consume 10X that every week or two. And I have no desire to buy anything other then RPS paint from KEE Action Sports.

2 - Reffing will be vastly different field to field.

3 - what is the value the "League" brings to the table? Hope to have a head ref at every match? Maybe you've failed to understand why other leagues charge what they charge. It costs real money to run a field and continually improve your offering year after year. it cost money for new bunkers every year, new pit areas, new staging areas for x-ball teams, new turf, new netting, Scoreboards, quality reffing (and lots of them), field expansion (blasting rock out, etc..).

Maybe I'm just missing the point - I'm happy to sit down with you face to face to discuss all these issues and see if we can work something out that will benefit everyone, but I won't be jumping in blind.
1. My hope is that I can set an agreeable cost on paint, a little cheaper for league games. I have worked at fields that sell three cases a day sometimes, who would be happy to drop ten dollars a case to sell forty. Perhaps forty cases is not much to your field, sir, but to many that helps significantly.

2. Reffing will be based on a rule book I would hope fields involved would read. The purpose of having the sanctioned referee there is to prevent major misunderstandings or differences.

3. I am not, by any means, telling you that you're getting rich and paying for what you consider necessities just by hosting these games. I am offering a good showing once a month with no cost incurred by you other than, perhaps, having to put referees on the field for an hour and a half. I am not in this to profit, my intentions are simply to provide players with a league which, to me, is ideal in terms of format and execution and to get fields a guaranteed good showing once in a while (which very few fields can rely on). I understand if it does not seem lucrative to host such games at your field.

Old Trust
Old 01-23-2012, 03:35 PM #19
sumorai
FRENCHIE

Annual Supporting Member
sumorai is a Supporting Member
sumorai plays in the PSP
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VII
sumorai supports our troops
sumorai has perfected Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
If there were ever a way to get all of the New England fields together under one "league" then then ERFOA was probably the best bet to make that happen. The only reason it didn't technically succeed was because only one field really made the proper effort to make it happen.

I'm still not sure that would work nowadays, as foXball has become a bigger/better brand than ERFOA ever was, and it'd be a step backwards for them to return to that. Also, you won't get Maynard/NEXL involved in it since they are a PSP Affiliate league and are not going to change their format, nor offer a competing league. The only other field with enough local teams to take a legitimate stab at it would be Matt's Outback.

I don't disagree that having a single format and season shared by all of the fields would be a great idea. I don't see it happening any time soon, though.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM #20
deathonastick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
If there were ever a way to get all of the New England fields together under one "league" then then ERFOA was probably the best bet to make that happen. The only reason it didn't technically succeed was because only one field really made the proper effort to make it happen.

I'm still not sure that would work nowadays, as foXball has become a bigger/better brand than ERFOA ever was, and it'd be a step backwards for them to return to that. Also, you won't get Maynard/NEXL involved in it since they are a PSP Affiliate league and are not going to change their format, nor offer a competing league. The only other field with enough local teams to take a legitimate stab at it would be Matt's Outback.

I don't disagree that having a single format and season shared by all of the fields would be a great idea. I don't see it happening any time soon, though.
Agreed, it'll be tough. I'm thinking of, maybe, going about this a bit differently. Perhaps we don't need a bunch of different fields just to have a regular game season, but we'd need to have more days and it could interfere with work schedules. I'll think on it, thanks for all of the input, guys, hopefully we'll see more interested fields from all over!

Old Trust
ReplyRegional Ups