Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 04:39 PM #22
bpaul73
 
 
bpaul73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I personally am looking forward to some bolt upgrades. The simple bolt design will tempt a lot of third party manufacturers (techt) and it will be fun to see what they come up with. Of course I'm also game for the little mil-sim attachments that might come out.
bpaul73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:22 AM #23
Wholf
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
I hope they will come out with a version 2 soon. There is a lot of things that I wish they have not done with the design. Some of them are really annoying
Wholf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:36 AM #24
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..
 
Uziel Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, UK
Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
^^^
Anything specific?
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:15 AM #25
Wholf
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
^^^
Anything specific?
For example:
The trigger frame. It's way to close to the inline regulator. I have small hands but I can't get my thumb comfortable in between the trigger frame and the inline regulator. I don't like to hold the marker in the the barrel.
The "snatch grip". I'm one of those that like to play without gloves. The screw that is sticking out there is very annoying. I would like to have a flat screw or a piece of rubber there.
Wholf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:47 AM #26
Cromer611
 
 
Cromer611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Westminster C.O.
Annual Supporting Member
Cromer611 plays in the PSP
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wholf View Post
For example:
The trigger frame. It's way to close to the inline regulator. I have small hands but I can't get my thumb comfortable in between the trigger frame and the inline regulator. I don't like to hold the marker in the the barrel.
The "snatch grip". I'm one of those that like to play without gloves. The screw that is sticking out there is very annoying. I would like to have a flat screw or a piece of rubber there.
Get some blister tape to cover it up. Or taper out the hole so you can put a flat screw in.
__________________
Geo of the month January
Ego of the month November
Team Anomaly
Www.hustlepaintball.com
Cromer611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:59 AM #27
Cromer611
 
 
Cromer611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Westminster C.O.
Annual Supporting Member
Cromer611 plays in the PSP
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Cromer611 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I think people forget this is a $400 marker designed for a reliable entry lvl marker. I bought one for my wife and is awesome. It shoots paintbullets at 300fps and she could never be happier. The boss is awesome because it resets itself when cleared. If she ever has a problem she just keeps shooting until it clears, if not then I fix/clean it for her.

IMO, it does need a bolt/spring. The kick, even broken in, is a little much. And trying to dwell/op the kick smoother makes it really inefficient. For her, when it starts to ramp, you can visually see it kick up on her and it takes her a little longer to correct than say us dudes.
__________________
Geo of the month January
Ego of the month November
Team Anomaly
Www.hustlepaintball.com
Cromer611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:25 PM #28
roguekiller00
 
 
roguekiller00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Antonio
roguekiller00 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
roguekiller00 is for the Gunfight
roguekiller00 posts videos on PbNation
roguekiller00 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
roguekiller00 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
roguekiller00 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Need a Board and trigger upgrade
roguekiller00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:03 AM #29
Goshawk
Deep South Baller
 
Goshawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The SIP!
Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
I am impressed with how nice this gun is right out of the box. The need to upgrade is fairly minimal. The feedneck for me is the most obvious thing. I am pretty sure I saw Jack mention that the newer (post 07) Eclipse feednecks will fit. My other complaint is the .693 stock barrel back. If you buy the shaft 4 upgrade it comes with the .693 and .685. I would really like to have the .685 but, don't want 2 .693's. Why not just give us a .691 stock like almost every other Eclipse gun?
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:26 AM #30
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..
 
Uziel Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, UK
Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Most older Eclipse guns did come with 0.693 barrel backs, and then the aftermarket options were 0.689 and 0.685 - so you had intervals of 0.004". Newer high end models now have the 0.689 back stock, hence the boost kit now coming with the 0.693 and 0.685 barrel backs.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:07 PM #31
DriverJ
Death is Coming...
 
DriverJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Minnesota
Annual Supporting Member
DriverJ is BST Legit
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DriverJ owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
DriverJ supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jptothetree View Post
i will agree on the aluminum feedneck, that would be nice.
Any Ego/Etek/Geo feedneck will work on the Etha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshawk View Post
I am impressed with how nice this gun is right out of the box. The need to upgrade is fairly minimal. The feedneck for me is the most obvious thing. I am pretty sure I saw Jack mention that the newer (post 07) Eclipse feednecks will fit. My other complaint is the .693 stock barrel back. If you buy the shaft 4 upgrade it comes with the .693 and .685. I would really like to have the .685 but, don't want 2 .693's. Why not just give us a .691 stock like almost every other Eclipse gun?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Most older Eclipse guns did come with 0.693 barrel backs, and then the aftermarket options were 0.689 and 0.685 - so you had intervals of 0.004". Newer high end models now have the 0.689 back stock, hence the boost kit now coming with the 0.693 and 0.685 barrel backs.
What size is the stock back? it feels smaller than .693 with just a pinky in the barrel test, but I've not compared it with paint to other barrels in my arsenal.
Realistically I'll probably never use the stock barrel since I have more cocker threaded barrels in my house than I could ever use in a day.
DriverJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:41 AM #32
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..
 
Uziel Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, UK
Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Earlier Ego and Etek feednecks may not fit properly. The '05 and '06 Ego, and Etek and Etek2, had different feed necks to later models.

As I understand it, the Etha has a 0.693 barrel. As this is Planet's base marker, they wanted to provide a barrel that would work with any ball - hence the large bore.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:41 AM #33
Goshawk
Deep South Baller
 
Goshawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The SIP!
Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
As I understand it, the Etha has a 0.693 barrel. As this is Planet's base marker, they wanted to provide a barrel that would work with any ball - hence the large bore.
I understand all that. I just wish they would sell the backs one at a time. Again, if I were to buy a boost kit, I would have 2 .693's. Oh well.
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:12 PM #34
Tylax
ETHA!
 
Tylax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Corona, CA
Tylax has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
just wish they had some better grips. know what would have been cool. make a the Etha compatible with say a GEO trigger frame. that'd been nice
Tylax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:58 AM #35
paintball Pirahna
Ramrod
 
paintball Pirahna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Va
paintball Pirahna owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
paintball Pirahna has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
paintball Pirahna has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
apparently there is to be a specific planet eclipse "boost kit" for the etha don't take my word on it but there is apparently supposed to be one instead of like a normal barrel back kit that comes with the .685 and a .693 it comes with a .685 and a .689.
__________________
Paintball doesn't have a delete key
paintball Pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:09 PM #36
Goshawk
Deep South Baller
 
Goshawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The SIP!
Annual Supporting Member
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Goshawk owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball Pirahna View Post
apparently there is to be a specific planet eclipse "boost kit" for the etha don't take my word on it but there is apparently supposed to be one instead of like a normal barrel back kit that comes with the .685 and a .693 it comes with a .685 and a .689.
I heard that but, have yet to see anything.
Goshawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:36 AM #37
justkomar
Rebel Force Pirates
 
justkomar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: gate city
justkomar owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
justkomar plays in the APPA beginner division
justkomar has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
justkomar has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
Earlier Ego and Etek feednecks may not fit properly. The '05 and '06 Ego, and Etek and Etek2, had different feed necks to later models.

As I understand it, the Etha has a 0.693 barrel. As this is Planet's base marker, they wanted to provide a barrel that would work with any ball - hence the large bore.
Mine came stock with a 0.687 according to my micrometer
__________________
REBEL FORCE PIRATES SCENARIO TEAM
68 Classic Automag for sale!!!
justkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:23 AM #38
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..
 
Uziel Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: London, UK
Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Which is a bore size that Planet don't even make..... though it is obviously closer to 0.689 than 0.693.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:21 PM #39
KiboshX
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpaul73 View Post
I personally am looking forward to some bolt upgrades. The simple bolt design will tempt a lot of third party manufacturers (techt) and it will be fun to see what they come up with. Of course I'm also game for the little mil-sim attachments that might come out.
i sent an email yesterday to TechT about a bolt upgrade... still awaiting a reply
KiboshX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 AM #40
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996
 
steve_81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cromer611 View Post
I think people forget this is a $400 marker designed for a reliable entry lvl marker. I bought one for my wife and is awesome. It shoots paintbullets at 300fps and she could never be happier. The boss is awesome because it resets itself when cleared. If she ever has a problem she just keeps shooting until it clears, if not then I fix/clean it for her.

IMO, it does need a bolt/spring. The kick, even broken in, is a little much. And trying to dwell/op the kick smoother makes it really inefficient. For her, when it starts to ramp, you can visually see it kick up on her and it takes her a little longer to correct than say us dudes.
QFT!
__________________
Outlaw Paintball - www.outlawsportz.com
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:56 PM #41
outkastmike
Evolution
 
outkastmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: uk
 has been a member for 10 years
outkastmike owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
outkastmike owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
outkastmike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Is this enough upgrades...
__________________
Planet Eclipse
outkastmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:41 PM #42
TOM_458
hey hey ho ho 100110
 
TOM_458's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: FriendswoodTX
Annual Supporting Member
TOM_458 is a Paintball photographer
TOM_458 plays in the PSP
TOM_458 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
TOM_458 supports Team VICIOUS
TOM_458 posts videos on PbNation
TOM_458 plays in the APPA D4 division
TOM_458 is Legendary
The look a lot like the bt guns only less gay and more directed to the tourny players
__________________
Michael Faber Photography
Minecraft Wiplash23
1%
TEAM ZONE
ZONE ELITE
APPA
TOM_458 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump