PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-22-2012, 08:30 PM #1
mattxx

mattxx owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
dp fusion fx or empire axe

i am in the market for a gun (no more than 500$) and i have come to these two guns. can someone tell me both pros and cons about each gun and which one i should ultimately get. thanks
mattxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 PM #2
bboone

get a axe they are very easy to maintain they shoot really smooth and dp guns have lots of problems the axe is better all the way around
bboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:21 PM #3
dreadedkaos

dreadedkaos owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Go for the dp fx man you get the oled and its just 20 more retail
dreadedkaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:46 PM #4
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Fusion has more of a traditional design & feel, and with it the more traditional upgrade options (if you ever feel the need to). Presence of an lpr helps you fine-tune. But that traditional hammer system gives it a little more kick than the Axe, although who knows if you'd notice. Reversible trigger is a neat feature (go from blade to scythe style). OLED is fancy, and a life-saver for those who hate to memorize led colors.

Axe, like the Mini, no macroline. Rather convenient. Feels really different shooting, with the inline poppit (well, poppit-ish) design. While there's no lpr for fine-tuning, i suppose the Axe doesn't need fine-tuning (although there could always be a spring kit for it like the Mini, if it even needs it).

Between these two, i'd go with the Fusion, but really only because i prefer the microswitch being there. I feel naked without one (except when playing mech or pump), like the click click click is soothing somehow. But my real preference would actually be neither, i'm more of a spoolie guy.

Last edited by nerdcore : 01-22-2012 at 11:03 PM.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:51 PM #5
Reloadro
Phantom Lords

I thought the axe had a microswitch trigger as well?
Reloadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 PM #6
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Thought it didn't. My bad. It's right there on the upper board, what do you know about that...
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:31 PM #7
buLLetprooF_EBJ
JBE

I had an FX and had nothing but problems with it ever since i took it out of the box. DP customer service was garbage, I ended up sending the gun into Todd from Tech whatever, they claimed to have fixed everything. When I got the gun back, it was worse than it was when I sent it in. I sent him a message here on PBNation, and I was ignored.
buLLetprooF_EBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:04 PM #8
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
I had a 2008 fusion (F8). It shot better than the axe in every way. I would look into the FX.. oh and fusions are about the easiest gun to maintain in the history of paintball.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 PM #9
NargofWoV
Ole Cocker.. user

NargofWoV is playing at Living Legends VII
I can only tell you about the Fx, I have had zero issues with mine, shoots ropes, easy to maintain... Love the upgrades for it, you won't go wrong with one.

Axe folks seem to like the Axe...

So it sounds like you can't go wrong with either.
NargofWoV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:06 AM #10
Shru

shot the axe but really did not like the feel of it..
I do own a FX and love it, stock fx is not bad, add the techt law ram and techt pro hush bolt and the marker is simply amazing...
Easy maintenance as well..

Again, I have only shot an axe but never owned one simply because i did not like the feel, However the shot was very nice, and the axe i shot was just stock and no upgrades....
I do not buy a marker because of customer cs, i learn to work on my own and not rely on others to do it for me, so cs means nothing to me...
I have called DP and ordered parts and have never had issues about that, Just don't e-mail them, pick up the phone and call..
Shru is offline   Reply With Quote