Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-04-2014, 06:16 PM #1
p8ntcheckphoto
Paintcheck Photography

p8ntcheckphoto is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheckphoto is playing at Living Legends VII
Living Legends Pictures by Paintcheck Photography

Well Living Legends 7 has come and gone and needless to say the world hasn't stopped spinning for me since. So many amazing opportunities have presented themselves to me, some of which I have never thought were possible, from being invited to shoot the PSP, to getting pictures published by The CatShack Reports, the many great new friends I've met. It's been a hell of a ride for me.

Living Legends for me was one of two crown jewels for me. When I first started photography in 2013, I had asked Sean Scott if I could shoot the LL event in 2014. It was an instant no, and frankly I think he laughed a little bit. I could have taken no for an answer and walked away crushed, however I said screw that noise and really started studying and working on my skills.

As 2013 turned into 2014, I really started working hard to make sure I got my skills and work quality high enough that I would be permitted to shoot Legends. After the first CPL Sean took note of my work and eventually allowed me to shoot the event (not sure if the work was good enough, or if me constantly bugging him, either way, I got a yes ).

You players made the event amazing. From the action shots, to the goofy shots, and everything in between, you guys provided so many great shots, that I just couldn't capture them all! I have uploaded most of the ones I've taken to Facebook at: Paintcheck Photography Living Legends Album. I still have some left to work on, but I'm a little backed up with some events right now. Keep an eye on that album for more!

I wanted to include a few that I thought were really great. If you like my work, please feel free to give my page a like and share it! I want to get to 1500 likes by the end of the month!

This first one is probably by far one of my favorites. It was taken during final battle while I was in the lift. As I'm looking around for something other than the slapsticks to photograph, I see this guy being pushed around Bedlam. At first I thought it was someone that was hurt, but as I looked through my view finder, I see its actually a player. Much to my amazement he had a marker in his hands and was shootin' fools as they came over the hill. I find this picture inspiring because no matter what life throws at you or how bad it beats you down, where there is a will, there is a way. Never give up on things that you love and enjoy, and this player encompasses that spirit. Not letting his condition dictate what he can and can't do.

At the end of the match, it was more inspiring to see him walking the ref line with assistance from his friends, shaking the refs hands, while they were all on the hill. A couple of those are below as well.

Next are a few randoms from the event, including a few pro players.

Obviously, this kid didn't read the sign:

And a shot of the one and only, Gary Baum. This guy is a stand up fella for sure! He is always happy to share advice and tips to help me improve. Oh how I wish I had some of his gear!

And one of my favorites of the Pro Guys is of Mr. Templeton. He's a stand up fella for sure and has been a good sport about this picture. It was one of many in the series, but I like to call it, "Bunker Love"

If you guys wish to see more, just visit my facebook page. Thanks everyone who made this event possible from the CPX staff, Viper Staff, PBNation, you the players, all of the Pro guys, Sean Scott for all of his epically awesome hard work behind the scenes, Honu who is a stand up fella as well and John Dresser for all of his awesome help to make this opportunity come true!. Can't wait to see what he's got in store for LL8! Hopefully I'll be able to shoot that one too!

Be safe everyone!

Covering the CPL and Paintball Plex Winter League Events.

Look for the camera guy in lime green!

Last edited by p8ntcheckphoto : 06-04-2014 at 07:20 PM.
p8ntcheckphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-04-2014, 07:25 PM #2
p8ntcheckphoto
Paintcheck Photography

p8ntcheckphoto is a Paintball photographer
p8ntcheckphoto is playing at Living Legends VII

Covering the CPL and Paintball Plex Winter League Events.

Look for the camera guy in lime green!
p8ntcheckphoto is offline   Reply With Quote