Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-27-2012, 06:00 AM #22
azhector

azhector is playing at Living Legends VI
azhector owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
azhector has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
azhector is a top reviewer
Not true, I had a tippmann, maintained as it should and it lasted 7 years before basically everything broke. My friend had a new spyder maintained as it should; but only lasted 4 years.
azhector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-27-2012, 11:16 PM #23
ewagnerd9311

Annual Supporting Member
ewagnerd9311 posts videos on PbNation
ewagnerd9311 plays in the APPA beginner division
ewagnerd9311 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ewagnerd9311 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ewagnerd9311 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ewagnerd9311 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhector View Post
Not true, I had a tippmann, maintained as it should and it lasted 7 years before basically everything broke. My friend had a new spyder maintained as it should; but only lasted 4 years.
Could you address where you found out the Luxe has an L7 bolt? It baffles me
Old 01-28-2012, 01:41 AM #24
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleDirt View Post
hahahahaha. Riiiight.

Anywho, all guns are as durable as eachother if you maintain them accordingly.

The eXTCy is more work, but will lend better efficiency and smoothness/sound stock.

Both can be upgraded to beat eachother.

I prefer the eXTCy over the Mini any day of the week.
This really isn't true at all... It all depends on the quality of the components in the gun at that point. Frankly, I wouldn't expect a $50 Spyder to outlast a gun 5 times its price even if properly maintained. However, the Xtcy is based on the proven and reliable Ion platform, so reliability really isn't a question. Keep it lubed, keep it clean, and don't do anything stupid with it, and you won't have any problems for a very long time. Even then, the only parts you're likely to ever have to change are O-rings, and that's just the nature of owning a paintball gun.

Also- the Mini is a strange hybrid spool/poppet bolt system, so it will in most cases get better efficiency stock for stock than the Xtcy. Add in a QEV, a dual tail o-ringed bolt, and good settings however, and it's going to be competitive. There are other bolt systems out their for the Xtcy that claim to be capable of much higher efficiency as well.

However, out of the box I can almost guarantee that the Xtcy will be quieter and smoother, as well as easier to maintain.

Now here's where the Xtcy wins hands-down in my opinion: customer service. Invert is now owned and sold through KEE, and their customer service division, PaintballSolutions, has been nothing but terrible in my experience. They once had me send in my SA17 for repairs, even though I'd asked them to just send me the parts (it had a leaking pierce seal). Well, two months go by with varying excuses about not having parts in stock (why did I have to send it in if you didn't have the parts anyway?), etc, then finally I get it back and it has the new recalled CO2 changer parts in it, but the pierce seal that I originally sent it in for STILL leaked. I had similar issues with my TM7's solenoid (based on Mini technology) continually sticking and KEE basically told me I could buy a new one if cleaning it didn't work.

The difference here is that if you have a problem with your GOG marker, it will be rectified quickly and professionally. I've never heard anyone who had anything negative to say about GOG's service, or even Smart Parts before it. And I would much rather have a good support system at my back for when I need it.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:17 AM #25
ewagnerd9311

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
Also- the Mini is a strange hybrid spool/poppet bolt system, so it will in most cases get better efficiency stock for stock than the Xtcy. Add in a QEV, a dual tail o-ringed bolt, and good settings however, and it's going to be competitive. There are other bolt systems out their for the Xtcy that claim to be capable of much higher efficiency as well.
Pressure controlled poppit, no mystery at all. The Mini is just a poppit, not some type of poppit/spool hybrid. And my customer service feelings are totally backwards of yours. I live in Pennsylvania and I have owned a few Ions. I sent one in to fix a leaky solenoid and it took them three weeks to get it back to me, even when their headquarters were in Pennsylvania. I just had a turn around time of a week and a few days on repairs to my Mini. Although I still did love those Ions...
Old 01-28-2012, 07:31 PM #26
jubba

I would probably keep the mini. He is your brother he'll let you shoot the eXTCy. If you like it that much you should be able to get around $200 on ebay for your mini if it's not beat up to badly.
jubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 08:22 PM #27
Umami
AFK IRL

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Take this from the owner of a highly up'd Ion XE and shocker owner (sig), there really isn't a significant difference between the two from the standpoint of "which gun is better".

They both:
Have LED boards
Easily make modern ROF caps
Have on/off asa's? (not sure about the mini here)
Clamping feednecks
Adjustable triggers (I prefer the extcy here)

The only actual differences beyond preference are:
Spool vs. poppet (the mini will get slightly better efficiency stock, the eXTCy will be a little quieter and smoother shot)
Physical size/shape

Everything beyond that is purely preference, so you'll have to figure it out when you get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GooseDaMighty View Post
an extcy will never shoot as good as a luxe even with a crappy tect t bolt. thats the same thing the ion kids tried to say back in the day about shockers......come on now
Comments like these make me want to rage. Give me an Ion or eXTCy and I'll shoot out half the Shocker/Luxe owners out there, and the other half will beat me for the simple reason that they're better players than I am. So what's the difference?

You're paying for features and a nice ano/milling job, not for something that magically makes you more skilled. And if you put the same level of maintenance into an eXTCy as a Luxe, they will be equally reliable on the field.

The only reason marker manufacturers like Planet and DLX do as well as they do is adolescent inferiority complexes. That's not to say I don't want a Luxe or appreciate its refinement, it's just not necessary for a fantastic day of paintball, and it won't let you shoot anyone out you couldn't get with an eXTCy

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.

Last edited by Umami : 01-28-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:43 PM #28
ewagnerd9311

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Take this from the owner of a highly up'd Ion XE and shocker owner (sig), there really isn't a significant difference between the two from the standpoint of "which gun is better".

They both:
Have LED boards
Easily make modern ROF caps
Have on/off asa's? (not sure about the mini here)
Clamping feednecks
Adjustable triggers (I prefer the extcy here)

The only actual differences beyond preference are:
Spool vs. poppet (the mini will get slightly better efficiency stock, the eXTCy will be a little quieter and smoother shot)
Physical size/shape

Everything beyond that is purely preference, so you'll have to figure it out when you get them.

Comments like these make me want to rage. Give me an Ion or eXTCy and I'll shoot out half the Shocker/Luxe owners out there, and the other half will beat me for the simple reason that they're better players than I am. So what's the difference?

You're paying for features and a nice ano/milling job, not for something that magically makes you more skilled. And if you put the same level of maintenance into an eXTCy as a Luxe, they will be equally reliable on the field.

The only reason marker manufacturers like Planet and DLX do as well as they do is adolescent inferiority complexes. That's not to say I don't want a Luxe or appreciate its refinement, it's just not necessary for a fantastic day of paintball, and it won't let you shoot anyone out you couldn't get with an eXTCy
Old 01-29-2012, 02:56 PM #29
SSD_JAKE

SSD_JAKE owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SSD_JAKE has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SSD_JAKE has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SSD_JAKE has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
so if i upgraded the the extcy or the mini enough itd be just as good as the higher end electro guns?

so confused lol
SSD_JAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 03:50 PM #30
Umami
AFK IRL

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
A paintball gun is a paintball gun is a paintball gun.

You can go that route if you want but there are a few things to keep in mind.
1.) You're going to spend close to the same amount of money upgrading as you would just buying a nicer gun
2.) If you ever decide to sell it the resale on the upgraded low end marker is going to be worse than if you had bought a used high-end marker
3.) You won't have a warranty or customer service

So yes, if you bought an Axe and put the pro grip on it and all the fancy odds and ends, you would have a very competitive marker. But at that point you might consider something nicer, like for instance a used G6R or something along those lines.

It all comes down to what features you want, how much you want to pay, and MOST IMPORTANTLY whether or not YOU feel comfortable using the gun. The rest is just details. Modern Marker A vs. modern Marker B really doesn't matter as long as you're comfortable shooting them. Get some gear and go spend your money on paint.

Some of the best players I've ever met were shooting relics from 15 years ago - they weren't good because they had the latest in anti-chop software or efficient bolts, they were good because they had experience and were comfortable with and extremely knowledgeable about their equipment.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.

Last edited by Umami : 01-29-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:59 PM #31
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSD_JAKE View Post
so if i upgraded the the extcy or the mini enough itd be just as good as the higher end electro guns?

so confused lol
What is wrong with a stock eXTCy? I ran a stock eXTCy this weekend and it was keeping up with our Luxe's with no issue. The only thing I had on it that didn't come in the box was my Freak barrel, besides that I haven't and won't be changing anything on the marker. (Besides trading the steel hose for macro line)
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:03 PM #32
SSD_JAKE

So there's no reason to upgrade anything? What loader r u using?
X
Old 02-02-2012, 07:53 PM #33
cwr4321

I'm sorry but this is not a question. Mini! I bought a GOG eXTCy and I HATE IT! Its very unreliable, I don't like the trigger, and it chops paint even with a new battery and CLEAN eyes! I am getting a Mini soon to replace my eXTCy and I can't wait to get rid of my pos eXTCy
-Save Phace Dope Series Mask
-Empire Aluminum 47/3000 tank (yes, I know... I need to upgrade to carbon fiber)
cwr4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:56 PM #34
SuperMiguel
Geo 2.1 White/Back

SuperMiguel owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SuperMiguel plays in the APPA beginner division
SuperMiguel has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SuperMiguel has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwr4321 View Post
I'm sorry but this is not a question. Mini! I bought a GOG eXTCy and I HATE IT! Its very unreliable, I don't like the trigger, and it chops paint even with a new battery and CLEAN eyes! I am getting a Mini soon to replace my eXTCy and I can't wait to get rid of my pos eXTCy
ummm i played with mine stock and never got a chop.. also if u dont like the trigger it cost $30 for a new one
SuperMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:55 PM #35
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwr4321 View Post
How is it unreliable? What does you not likening the trigger have to do with it being unreliable?

Also, having a new battery has nothing to do with chopping paint. Are you sure you know what your talking about?
Old 02-03-2012, 11:42 PM #36
SSD_JAKE

Are there any known COMMON issues with the extcy? I realize that most guns have the occasional problems but anything significant?
Old 02-04-2012, 01:49 AM #37
SupremeGC

SupremeGC owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SupremeGC has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Only thing I ran into was the asa leaks air. Changing of the on/off oring solves it.
SupremeGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 PM #38
Jiv3turk3y94

Jiv3turk3y94 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Jiv3turk3y94 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GoG makes good, reliable guns. Get the Extcy, its better in the long run, and even though it is considered "Low end" Just tune it correctly and it will shoot just fine. Don't use ****ty paint though. That's the main culprit of "My gun sucks! Won't shoot a ball straight!" No its cause you're using dimpled old paint from walmart... And plus all guns shoot the same speed, all you're factoring in is really efficiency, kick, and weight. after that its really all the same (Except the bells and whistles and ****)
Hoppers! - v2 Dye Rotor with Virtue v2 Speedfeed
Masks! - Grillz ** I NEED A NEW LENSE!!
Jiv3turk3y94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:05 PM #39
Bradensback
Annual supporting member

Bradensback posts videos on PbNation
Bradensback supports Pev's Paintball
Bradensback has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bradensback has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bradensback has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Keep the mini

Previous guns: dlx luxe, victory, geo, closer, csl, ego6, mini, demon, ion, epiphany, autocockers, droid, g4, alias timmy, g6r, geo2, demon, ego11, ripper,
Bradensback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:14 PM #40
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

Only the uniformed consider the eXTCy a "low end".
Old 02-07-2012, 02:37 AM #41
matt392

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapaintball View Post
Only the uniformed consider the eXTCy a "low end".
I completely agree! It may have the price of a "low end" marker, but it performs the same if not better than some of the "high end" markers I've used.
matt392 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 02:23 PM #42
SupremeGC

SupremeGC owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SupremeGC has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt392 View Post
I completely agree! It may have the price of a "low end" marker, but it performs the same if not better than some of the "high end" markers I've used.
I wouldn't go as far as that but the extcy is a fairly well made marker. I have another "high end" marker, ego, and there is no comparison between the two. One area this does excel in is the performance/price aspect. You wouldn't expect a sub 200 marker have on/off asa,good stock barrel,good board and overall quality build.

There are things that the gun does not provide which it could be better, but for 250, or in my case i received it free, i definitely cannot complain. I love playing with it in rec or use it for airball.

A friend of mine does have a mini and i have compared them visually. The mini is smaller and compact, lighter. In terms of barrel, i would go extcy[eventhough ion thread]. Board goes extcy. aesthetics go to mini.

Both are great choices. You have to remember that all markers are going to shoot the same speed at the end of the day and features/looks are what you are paying for.
SupremeGC is offline   Reply With Quote