PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyScenario Ups

Old 05-22-2012, 03:38 PM #1
fixposit

Fixposit - Team Radar and Coordination Tool

I created a mapping solution to be used on smartphones that I think pro painballers could use to organize team movements in large-area matches. The application lets users track each others location on a Google map but only those who enter the same password can see each other on the map. I am posting this here because I was trying to think of uses for it and one of the first things I thought was that it would be good to use as a "Call of Duty" style radar/map for paintballers so that team movements could be coordinated through the application. This application is accessible through phone and desktop web-browsers at www.fixposit.com. I am not selling anything and this is not a link to any malware!!! Use this service for free, but please provide feedback if you think it is useful. Thank you!
fixposit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 PM #2
Winger CT
Mouthy Mimes X.O.

This is a really interesting idea, and I'd like to know more about how we can test it. We try to work as a team as much as possible, and even with radios and custom grid maps, it is really hard to stay cohesive as folks go out for respawn and get split up. I was going to experiment with using the Glympse app for our team, but I'm curious about your approach. (I've only looked at the webpage so far, but I'm not clear how to establish the shared password, or how users to "detach" from the shared tracking after the game.)

Screenshots?

Thanks

"Actions Speak Louder than Words"

Visit us on Facebook
and Visit some of our terrific Sponsors!
Winger CT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:22 PM #3
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

The_Leech is playing at Living Legends VI
The_Leech plays in the APPA D5 division
The_Leech has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Leech supports Empire
This actually seems really cool.

I support the CHICAGO HERETICS
The_Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:43 PM #4
fixposit

I was thinking that for paintballers you guys could wear your phones on an armband (similar to how people wear their phones on their arms at the gym to use as a music player) that way it's easy to just look down at your phone and see your team members positions. So on the site, click on "Enter Map" and this will bring up a popup box that asks for your nickname (so that other users on the map can click on your marker to see who you are) and the second popup asks for your map password. The map password is what you need to enter for everyone on your team, that way other people on the site cannot see your locations because only those who enter the same password will be able to see eachother on the map. Because this application is 100% web based, you don't need to install anything, not even a plug-in, and detaching is as simple as navigating away from the map page or closing your web browser. This project is in its infant stage right now, I actually made it as a proof of concept of new web technologies, so it can be expanded upon based on who uses it and what users needs are. If you get a chance to try it out, definitely send me some feedback at support@fixposit.com
Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 PM #5
fixposit

I need to get some of my friends on there with me and then I can post some screenshots. It's basically just a google map with red stickfigure markers for every person connected to their private map. I think maybe it would be better if i changed the markers to a more simple design, like a red dot, for display purposes, but let me know what u think.
Old 05-24-2012, 05:04 PM #6
IROldSkool

I think for scenario play you need to be able to toggle the map to satellite or hybrid mode...

I can't seem to see how to change it on firefox...
IROldSkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:36 PM #7
The_Leech
Tell me I'm pretty.

The_Leech is playing at Living Legends VI
The_Leech plays in the APPA D5 division
The_Leech has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
The_Leech supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixposit View Post
I need to get some of my friends on there with me and then I can post some screenshots. It's basically just a google map with red stickfigure markers for every person connected to their private map. I think maybe it would be better if i changed the markers to a more simple design, like a red dot, for display purposes, but let me know what u think.
pm once you have the ability to send messages (after 5 posts.).

I wanna discuss this with you and I would love to hear all the details and give you suggestions if possible.

I support the CHICAGO HERETICS
The_Leech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:03 PM #8
fixposit

@IROldSkool - I will add a button to toggle the map modes.

@The_Leech - 10-4
ReplyScenario Ups