Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-29-2012, 07:35 AM #22
Boom Master
Scenario Player

You play CPX and Sherwood Scenario Games? Hope to get up there this season. Have to get together.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:41 AM #23
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
It's been a while since my last post...
Since then I fiberglassed/epoxy'ed my breach slide (used 3 slip fittings) and started experimenting with breach openings.
Here's one...it's 5 inches total with one end beveled at 37.5 degrees (I think).

The barrel as shown is unpainted.

The plan is to paint the back fitting and front portion of the barrel, but keep the portion of barrel the slider slides over unpainted.

My solution to hide the unpainted portion of the barrel is a cloth camo 'tube' that will clamp to the front of the slider and to the barrel (covering the unpainted section). When the slider is pushed forward the cloth will simply bunch up allowing the slider to move over unpainted pvc. When the slider is pulled back the material will conceal that portion of the barrel.

Pics to follow.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:11 AM #24
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Yes, any paint on the barrel under the slide will cause it to stick and be unusable. Been there, done that, Do OVER.......

What I do is get a Wide Permanent Magic Marker and apply that to cover the white. The slip fittings will slide over that no problem. Just have to retouch once in a while as it wears off. Works good.

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:08 PM #25
Haz-Mat
Team BlackList

Have anyone try to dye the PVC with Petroleum Dye with PVC Cleaner/Primer (tetrahydrofuran)? Sounds like others have had good luck with it and it won't increase the thickness of the pipe.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:43 PM #26
MikeM

MikeM is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
It's been a while since my last post...
Since then I fiberglassed/epoxy'ed my breach slide (used 3 slip fittings) and started experimenting with breach openings.
Here's one...it's 5 inches total with one end beveled at 37.5 degrees (I think).

The barrel as shown is unpainted.

The plan is to paint the back fitting and front portion of the barrel, but keep the portion of barrel the slider slides over unpainted.

My solution to hide the unpainted portion of the barrel is a cloth camo 'tube' that will clamp to the front of the slider and to the barrel (covering the unpainted section). When the slider is pushed forward the cloth will simply bunch up allowing the slider to move over unpainted pvc. When the slider is pulled back the material will conceal that portion of the barrel.

Pics to follow.
Here is the latest...

Of course, first of all, thanks and props to Boom Master as this is a shameless copy of his 'shorty' with very few modifications.

Second, check out my younger brother Tim's (tmauriello) laucher.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3848858
We've been working on these since we played at Wayne's World in FL last year.
I've opted for the short configuration, he's gone with the longer over-the-shoulder rocket launcher look.

I have a second barrel thats about 4" longer.
The barrel tip does have relief holes in case this is shot with the plug screwed in place. The tip is also held in place with set screws, so it's easy to remove the breach slide and cloth sleeve if I want to move them to the longer barrel.

This shows the breach closed and opened. The cloth sleeve is clamped to the front end of the breach slide and to the barrel farther forward. The barrel underneath the cloth sleeve is unpainted so the breach slides very smoothly:

I had this with me at White River in July (where tmauriello successfully shot his), but had issues with the reg (I didn't realize that the input and guage ports on the Fatty were not interchangeable...my bad ).

This has been corrected and it's possible that both of us will be at Training Day at Fox in September. It sounds like it's gonna be a target rich environment!

Last edited by MikeM : 08-06-2012 at 11:45 AM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote