Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 04-23-2014, 12:06 PM #1
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
'Two Fat Guys' releasing upgrades for the G3, SpecR, G4

Yes, they are going under the name 'Two Fat Guys'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwish_DW View Post

Two Fat Guys is proud to release our Bolt Engine for the Dangerous Power G series platform! w00t!

Jonathan and I (Jacob!) have worked for many months in order to bring these bolts to fruition. We have had some ups and downs along the way, and have gone through many prototypes to see what exactly we could do that would improve the overall performance of these markers.

[Beware of wordiness below, but it is important that you understand what went in to actually getting this engine ready to mow faces ]

This engine was not made from scratch. Much of it was adapted from Jonathan's previous work while other aspects were explored from our joint ventures. As part of the prototyping process, we explored various valving and ways to mechanically time the marker as opposed to relying on electronics to fix a sub-par design. This led to a few interesting ways of overcoming the limitations of the G series platform as well as some of the tolerance issues we found in the markers. We purchased roughly 10 G series markers and multiple forms of test equipment to help record accurate data. We even enlisted the help of testers to get impartial results. [You guys rock!] We have tested the engines and tested them again. We have fixed minor issues with the prototypes using information from our own trials and from those of the testers. We have tried every combination of dwell, pressure, paint, barrel, and anything else we could think of in order to compare it to the stock engine and to other engines already on the market.

The end result is an excellent bolt engine that we are glad to put our names on.

From our testing, we have seen a minimum of a 12% increase shot per shot [when our test marker was leaking, actually] over existing aftermarket bolts on the market. We will not be releasing a general shot per tank number at this time due to the numerous factors that affect such a number. Our test markers were able to shoot an increased amount of paintballs compared to the stock bolt and compared leading aftermarket bolts; I think that is a fair enough way to put it. We have also tested the general consistency between the per ball FPS among our bolt and other leading aftermarket bolts. On average, our bolt was "tighter" by +/- 10 FPS. Anecdotal evidence suggests that our bolt is much quieter than many other markers on the market, but as sound is highly subjective, we will let you decide

The Bolt!

- Works for the G3 and G4 / G3 SpecR
*We have done limited testing of the G4 engine in the G5 without issue. We would like to test it a bit more, so we are not officially selling them for the G5 as of yet.*
- 12% Efficiency Increase over other bolts
- More Consistent by 10 FPS
- 1/8 NPT threaded back cap to use a gauge so you can monitor your operating pressure [Plug included!]
- Chamfered bolt tip to deal with ball clipping issues and the concentricity issues we found that plagued the stock bolt and other after market bolts
- Active Devolumization! (huh?)
--- See the weird section in the cross sectional render towards the rear of the engine in the back cap? Yeah! That thing!
Basically, as you shoot your marker, you are using air, right? Well, as you use up your air, you eventually have a lower pressure coming into the marker. This setup allows you to get more shots per tank as it stabilized the pressure in the dump chamber. It also works the same way under normal use in that it helps stabilize the dump chamber as the pressure is expended.
- Values specified are at manufacture's recommended settings.
- 2x O-Ring Rebuild Kit
- Oring chart / diagram
- Stickers!!!!!
- Snazzy plastic carrying tube

Oh.. and.. MODULARITY!

This is a major pet peeve of ours. Companies bleed customers dry on upgraded parts and revisions. Some even release a product when they know they can do better and then release these "upgrades" later to cash in. That's not our style.
This bolt engine was designed with modularity in mind. Do you own our engine for the Dangerous Power G3 and want to use this engine in your G4? No problem! Pick up a spacer ring and another bolt head, swap the parts, and you're good to go. You don't have to buy a whole new engine. What happens if we release periodic updates or fixes? What if you want the latest and greatest? The engine is designed so that anything we do is a drop in replacement. Again, you do not need to buy whole new parts - you just swap them and go.

Here are some pictures of the prototype bolt (that I have used my self) and a quick video I made using the prototype bolt (if you look carefully you can see when my go pro takes a hit and I play on. SHAME ON ME )

For more information, you can visit the Dangerous Power forum on pbnation. There is a thread actively monitored by the makers of this bolt.
MacDev Clone GTi

Last edited by firefoxx04 : 04-23-2014 at 12:51 PM.
firefoxx04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2014, 12:17 PM #2
beastmar

beastmar is for the Gunfight
hard to tell but in the video it sounds like the gun may not be tuned correctly? Sounds like some drop off is occurring.
beastmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:38 PM #3
ironyusa
reappropriating resources

So, am I looking at it correctly when I say the "dump valve" has been moved to a ICD freestyle type arrangement? That active devolumization is a very solid implementation. For people unfamiliar with it, it is used in the eigenrings and to a differing degree the slambolt matrix. Did any of your testing reveal a ROF ceiling based on the poorly sized air supply inlet filling the increased chamber volume?
Old 04-23-2014, 12:43 PM #4
swedishfishh

swedishfishh posts videos on PbNation
swedishfishh plays in the APPA D4 division
Anything for g5?

M.I.L.F. Hunters 4 Life
swedishfishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 12:52 PM #5
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmar View Post
hard to tell but in the video it sounds like the gun may not be tuned correctly? Sounds like some drop off is occurring.
No drop off that I noticed. I'll post back when I'm out of class with more info if anyone bas any questions.

Main post edited to follow rules.
MacDev Clone GTi
Old 04-23-2014, 12:53 PM #6
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Deathwish_DW helped look for balloons
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends III
Deathwish_DW is playing at Living Legends VII
Deathwish_DW supports Sherwood Forest
Deathwish_DW is Legendary
Deathwish_DW supports DLX Technology
Hey! I'm one of the fat guys =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
Did any of your testing reveal a ROF ceiling based on the poorly sized air supply inlet filling the increased chamber volume?
The numbers from the thread are based off of the engine without the active devolumizer. This means that the engine can operate VERY WELL without it in the event of an issue.

In terms of ROF impact, we did see some impact using a different configuration of parts, but this one has been stellar. It's an inexpensive piece of delrin that we can easily modify and have multiple versions produced in order to allow a greater range of tuning without the user having to do a lot of monkeying around with springs and other stuff. [We have another setup that uses springs. It's pretty cool.] It's something we are actively exploring and hope to release in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishfishh View Post
Anything for g5?
Our G4 prototypes work fine in my production G5.
We have not had enough hands on time with the G5 nor a large enough sample size to say "Yes, it works 100%". With that being said, people are welcome to try the G4 bolt in the G5, but they need to be aware that it may not work as fully intended since we need to see more in action and make sure it is 100% compatible before we will say yes.

Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
*!* eBay◄2346+ PBNation◄310+ *!*
Deathwish_DW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:14 PM #7
CA_Tectonics

Whoot Hoooo!!!!

I'm in .
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:16 PM #8
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Whoot Hoooo!!!!

I'm in .
about time these were released.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:58 PM #9
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7paintball View Post
about time these were released.
yup =D

If anyone has any questions, feel free to post up here, in the thread in the DP forum, or send me a message.

Proud Dealer of: J4 Paintball - Bob Long - DLX - Ninja Paintball - GOG Deadlywind - Valken - MacDev - Inception Designs
Old 04-23-2014, 04:45 PM #10
xmc1146
Mount Vernon, Wa

xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xmc1146 is for the Gunfight
xmc1146 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Great product! I was one of the testers when I had my G3s. now just waiting on the Threshold/rev-I bolt.
xmc1146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:14 PM #11
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmc1146 View Post
........ now just waiting on the Threshold/rev-I bolt.
YES!! Do want also ^^^
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:20 PM #12
J4 Paintball
Commandant

Annual Supporting Member
J4 Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Good luck guys!

J4 Paintball on Facebook

‎"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."
~ R. Buckminster Fuller
J4 Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:38 PM #13
AoSpades
You want Boom Boom?

Annual Supporting Member
AoSpades is BST Trusted
AoSpades supports Cereal Killerz 2
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends V
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VI
AoSpades is playing at Living Legends VII
AoSpades supports our troops
AoSpades is Legendary
Yay! G4 for me please

Purple G6R and Black Axe For Sale!

Last edited by AoSpades : 04-23-2014 at 07:41 PM.
AoSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:12 AM #14
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
So chuffed for you guys! I know not many DP products are kicking around the UK (due to lack of support) but good luck!

Clubs: Marq Clan | Insight Owners Group
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:23 AM #15
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4 Paintball View Post
Good luck guys!
Maybe a Two Fat Guys Torque bolt down the line....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz View Post
So chuffed for you guys! I know not many DP products are kicking around the UK (due to lack of support) but good luck!
Well now that will change buddy.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:54 AM #16
AndrewTheWookie
Disciple of the dark side

AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends V
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VI
AndrewTheWookie is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartebigu View Post
Sounds like some drop off is occurring.
Could just be an auto leveling mic that adjusts itself after the first shot.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:08 AM #17
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Im not even 'hearing' the dropoff that is being mentioned. Music playing, Go Pro sealed waterproof case.. kind of hard to make any assumptions about sound. Im positive there isnt any. Ive put this bolt through its paces.

I may have ABS turned on and not really needing it. More dwell will make the gun louder for the first shot. It was Michigan, 20*F even indoors but the ABS was not necessary.
MacDev Clone GTi
Old 04-24-2014, 03:10 PM #18
Deathwish_DW
Becker PB / Two Fat Guys

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartebigu View Post
Sounds like some drop off is occurring.
I am digging the image which is attached to your post as well as your other post. Spam / scam account? Good try, kid.

I am not sure about the video. I have never had issues with drop off while testing and this would be the first I've heard of it. Firefoxx is a tester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Im not even 'hearing' the dropoff that is being mentioned. Music playing, Go Pro sealed waterproof case.. kind of hard to make any assumptions about sound. Im positive there isnt any. Ive put this bolt through its paces.

I may have ABS turned on and not really needing it. More dwell will make the gun louder for the first shot. It was Michigan, 20*F even indoors but the ABS was not necessary.
Quote:

Old 04-24-2014, 04:54 PM #19
7paintball
Service at its best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefoxx04 View Post
Im not even 'hearing' the dropoff that is being mentioned. Music playing, Go Pro sealed waterproof case.. kind of hard to make any assumptions about sound. Im positive there isnt any. Ive put this bolt through its paces. I may have ABS turned on and not really needing it. More dwell will make the gun louder for the first shot. It was Michigan, 20*F even indoors but the ABS was not necessary.
Yeah I don't remember any drop off from when they were in the shop.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:31 AM #20
kebone
I am qmto on youtube.

kebone is playing at Living Legends V
kebone owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kebone owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
kebone has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Will you guys make a version that fits the E1?

i like that site-which-shall-not-be-named.
http://www.youtube.com/user/qmto?blend=1&ob=4#p/a

KEVIN'S CLASSIC ELECTRO SALE
kebone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:48 AM #21
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

Any G3 bolt will work in the E1.
MacDev Clone GTi
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.