Old 01-16-2012, 11:22 AM #1
Bigjoe11
"The Boss"

Bigjoe11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bigjoe11 supports DLX Technology
The "That ref must be new" Thread

This is just a thread i was inspired to create last weekend for anyone who's had this happen to them. So here's my story:

So last weekend we were playing paintball, and my brother had a ghili suit. We asked the ref if there were any soecial rules for ghili suit bounces, and he was like "nah". So in the middle of the game my brother bunkers the guy next to me, without knowing i was there. So i pop up, and shoot my brother 20 times, we were only about 20 feet away, all bounces! I ended up getting shot a bunch of times by him and getting out. Afterwards the ref said that it was fair because i could use any firing mode i want except full auto. Lets just say the next game at 20 bps psp ramping, it was a lot of fun (for me) muhahhaha (evil laugh). Man, that ref must have been new....
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2012, 11:31 AM #2
CVeaglespaintball
NYU '17

CVeaglespaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
CVeaglespaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
CVeaglespaintball supports Empire
I had a ref start the safety presentation, then admit that he was new and didn't really know the rules about halfway through. I ended up finishing the presentation and the owner's wife offered me a job as a ref hahaha
CVeaglespaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:56 AM #3
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Annual Supporting Member
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
When the ref is staring directly at the guy closest to him. So everyone knows where he is.

Not necessarily something only new refs do, but annoying nonetheless.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:33 AM #4
tippmannrocker90
Git-R-Done!

tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tippmannrocker90 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
When at the beginning of the day the ref asks "does it hurt to get shot?" I just laughed and told him no.. Had another ref the same day ask if it leaves a mark when you get shot b/c he "had a hot date tonight"...

Tri State Mafia
Slaying many in the name of the smoking skull
Proudly sponsored by COUSINS PAINTBALL
Like Us on FACEBOOK
https://www.facebook.com/#!/TSMPaintball
tippmannrocker90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:06 AM #5
bgr3118
SOV

bgr3118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bgr3118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigjoe11 View Post
This is just a thread i was inspired to create last weekend for anyone who's had this happen to them. So here's my story:

So last weekend we were playing paintball, and my brother had a ghili suit. We asked the ref if there were any soecial rules for ghili suit bounces, and he was like "nah". So in the middle of the game my brother bunkers the guy next to me, without knowing i was there. So i pop up, and shoot my brother 20 times, we were only about 20 feet away, all bounces! I ended up getting shot a bunch of times by him and getting out. Afterwards the ref said that it was fair because i could use any firing mode i want except full auto. Lets just say the next game at 20 bps psp ramping, it was a lot of fun (for me) muhahhaha (evil laugh). Man, that ref must have been new....
Youd be amazed at how many seasoned refs dont know the gulie suit rule. But being a ref at Skirmish for almost ten year i have alot of stupidity moves. Like during a major castle game, ref cowering in the corner cause there 500 plus people playing one game and they dont want to move, yes the staring at a person, or following too close to the flag carrier. Or how about trying to do a field fix on a rental and shooting themselves in the leg???

Sponsored By:VALKEN PAINTBALL, ANSGEAR.COM, ZEPHYER PAINTBALL, HITMAN GEAR
bgr3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:50 PM #6
mitchell8788

mitchell8788 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
mitchell8788 plays in the APPA D4 division
mitchell8788 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
mitchell8788 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Had a ref at sc village tell my buddy at the chrono range that when he shot 190 that it was good and further proceeded to tell us to look at the arc of the ball path and that's why......we just laughed
Old 01-29-2012, 11:55 AM #7
steve_81
Paintballing since 1996

steve_81 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I was watching a match at a local 3 man tournament. shortly after the breakout a player runs to the dorrito, makes it to his bunker and starts snap shooting. All the refs are standing still watching when one ref from the other side of the field runs over and pulls the dorrito player out. Telling him that his barrel wasn't touching the start box. The 2 refs on the players side of the field watching the breakout didn't say anything when the buzzer went off but somehow a ref that was on the other side of the field could see the barrel not touching and decides to pull the player after he had already been at his bunker for a few. The kid had a 15 inch barrel too.

Or the church game me and my friends quit going too. At the chrono line some kids marker was shooting 320 fps...The ref at the station says "your good" and lets him play. Later in the day some guy gets shot out and while standing in the exact same place he got shot out, he lifts his mask up off his face and says "damn." Ref who was watching only says..."hey quit swearing!"

Last edited by steve_81 : 01-29-2012 at 12:02 PM.
steve_81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:16 PM #8
xsvlp39
Brick

xsvlp39 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xsvlp39 is an NCPA player
xsvlp39 plays in the APPA D5 division
I was at my practice feild with my team one time with four or five other teams, just scrimmaging and so on. Normally we don't have a ref at the feild we just play the the "Honnored Peanut" as we called it( because we play by the honor system or the peanut gallery watching will call you out). However one time we had a ref, he was on snake side when I slid in. However once I got in I was hit three or four time in the pack. Now I am 6'2 and 300 so its hard to miss me the peanut gallery called me out while getting up I hit into the ref and he called a major on me for "Blind siding a ref"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Must have been new or blind.
#30 Rutgers Paintball
xsvlp39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:15 PM #9
hatchetwarrior1246

hatchetwarrior1246 donated to help Peyton Trent
hatchetwarrior1246 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
hatchetwarrior1246 supports Team VICIOUS
hatchetwarrior1246 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I had a ref who never played, It was his first day and nobody taught him anything. The most annoying thing was that he pulled you for bounces.

EGO 11 NEED GONE
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...061&highlight=
hatchetwarrior1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:01 AM #10
calidrifter
Bloody Wooden Pickles

calidrifter posts videos on PbNation
calidrifter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
calidrifter has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
calidrifter is a top reviewer
calidrifter supports DLX Technology
Ref wasn't loud enough counting down the start of a match during a pro practice. Got bonus balled by some of them.

"Originally posted by B*FordPRO: I dont read the manuals to guns, I just shoot them and hope they work. If not, I have a tech do that for me. (This is what you call baller status and I am a baller)."
calidrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:03 AM #11
peachesarenottasty

peachesarenottasty is playing at Living Legends III
peachesarenottasty supports Team VICIOUS
peachesarenottasty supports Pev's Paintball
peachesarenottasty has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Ref at the park I used to play at was sleeping one time.
I ref at a park up the hill and another ref just sits there and doesn't even care about anything, first day he just did game time, nothing more. Other ref there played paintball ONCE and managed to get a job working there.. needless to say they don't do ANYTHING
Old 02-13-2012, 07:05 PM #12
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
When I was a ref I used to stand right over the ghili suit wearing kids and just stare at them, just to piss them off

Them: "you'll give away my position"
Me: "I'm just letting everyone know you're not helping your team, this is capture the flag."

Last edited by Paper_Cut : 02-13-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:12 PM #13
GivenRandy

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
When I was a ref I used to stand right over the ghili suit wearing kids and just stare at them, just to piss them off

Me: "I'm just letting everyone know you're not helping your team, this is capture the flag."
That's great!
GivenRandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:13 PM #14
Cheeyahboii

Quote:

Omg haha thats funny
Cheeyahboii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:51 PM #15
automagsrule
LOIC

Quote:

I do the same, but I explain that bounces count so I cant take my eyes off the ghili player lest i miss a bounced shot.

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:27 AM #16
DJ_Bizarre
-Knuckles- GotKills?

Annual Supporting Member
DJ_Bizarre owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DJ_Bizarre has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

this is actually pretty funny lol