PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 10:54 PM #1975
General Muffinmann
^ ^

new stalker. not too shabby. still not sure if tag is useful for anything other than ecm mechs. seems like you should be able to manually guide the rockets with the tag. how sweet would that be. and it should have longer range

Last edited by General Muffinmann : 03-02-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2013, 11:59 PM #1976
gamesondemand
NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!

gamesondemand helped look for balloons
gamesondemand plays in the APPA D3 division
lol you're doing stalkers all wrong.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:30 AM #1977
General Muffinmann
^ ^

moar ppcs?

its a lrm boat stalker. how is that wrong
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36 AM #1978
gamesondemand

With 1 ppc. Either full lrm boat with a few small energy weapons for close defense or all ppcs. Not an efficient build in the least.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:51 AM #1979
General Muffinmann
^ ^

3 15lrm can chain for a while, and also heat efficiently, so why bother increasing the lrms when i can just increase the ammo and shoot for longer. artemis, BAP, and tag get missiles hitting efficiently.

i prefer the erppc to med or small lasers because it disables ecm and has longer range. does well up close. besides if i let them get close im ****ed with what ever i have because the stalker isnt flexible. i dont one weapon whore so all ppcs wouldnt be my style although i had an all ppc awesome which was lolz

Last edited by General Muffinmann : 03-03-2013 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:59 AM #1980
gamesondemand

Because needs moar missiles and erppc is so heat heavy.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:37 AM #1981
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

you can lead the missiles with tag. its useful but probably not so much on a stalker since youll probably be further back due to your speed.

yea erppc's are good as a back up or for sniping, but having 1 for up close use....4 med lasers would serve better with their faster rof and do more damage. besides you already have tag to counter ecm, which does a better job anyway. the disruption from the ppc only lasts a couple seconds, not long enough to get your lrms on them. as the lrm boat in the back your most likely going to get singled out and rushed. youll want something better up close.

you might want to try it with smurfy mechlab first but you might be able actually save some tonnage with DHS and a bigger engine and still have the same heat effeciency. engine heat sinks get a bonus, so putting 2 DHS in an engine big enough bumps your effeciency up a lot and frees up 5 tons that would have been used for heatsinks.

big engine + 2 heatsinks is about the same or better as smaller engine+ a lot of heatsinks. but you get to go faster.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:12 PM #1982
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
I don't get why you went with ferro instead of endo.

STK-3F
Old 03-03-2013, 01:11 PM #1983
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

yea..scotts build is better in just about every way lol...thats honestly pretty impressive lol...idk why ive never thought of using 2 cases...heck you could strip a ton of armor off the legs for another heatsink even.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM #1984
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

gonna give uac5's another try.

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#modified
Old 03-03-2013, 01:55 PM #1985
General Muffinmann
^ ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
you can lead the missiles with tag. its useful but probably not so much on a stalker since youll probably be further back due to your speed.

yea erppc's are good as a back up or for sniping, but having 1 for up close use....4 med lasers would serve better with their faster rof and do more damage. besides you already have tag to counter ecm, which does a better job anyway. the disruption from the ppc only lasts a couple seconds, not long enough to get your lrms on them. as the lrm boat in the back your most likely going to get singled out and rushed. youll want something better up close.

you might want to try it with smurfy mechlab first but you might be able actually save some tonnage with DHS and a bigger engine and still have the same heat effeciency. engine heat sinks get a bonus, so putting 2 DHS in an engine big enough bumps your effeciency up a lot and frees up 5 tons that would have been used for heatsinks.

big engine + 2 heatsinks is about the same or better as smaller engine+ a lot of heatsinks. but you get to go faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
I don't get why you went with ferro instead of endo.

STK-3F
that is better for close range but like i have said if i let them get close im screwed anyway so why even plan for that. i can stay close enough to the the other heavies and assaults at 48

yep saving for DHS, endo and ferro for a larger engine.

i have found ppcs are better in some situations than tag against ecm (broken line of sight)

Last edited by General Muffinmann : 03-03-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:07 PM #1986
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

the point i was trying to make was that by the time they've gotten close, hopefully youll have softened them up enough with your lrms that you can finish them with the lasers. ive been killed many times even in my brawler setups when i tried to rush an lrm stalker.

one ppc just isnt good enough.

and the bigger engine will let you twist faster too btw, gotta get all you can out of a stalker lol.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 PM #1987
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Muffinmann View Post

that is better for close range but like i have said if i let them get close im screwed anyway so why even plan for that. i can stay close enough to the the other heavies and assaults at 48

yep saving for DHS, endo and ferro for a larger engine.

i have found ppcs are better in some situations than tag against ecm (broken line of sight)
You're not gonna be able to fit ferro and endo together without really sacrificing ammo, I already tried.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:23 PM #1988
General Muffinmann
^ ^

made it a 4 small laser, 4 lrm15+artemis, 270, BAP TAG endo standard armor. increased ammo and decreased heat sinks. might make it DHS later
Old 03-03-2013, 03:23 PM #1989
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

small lasers? really? are you going to tickle them to death? i usually try to just offer constructive critisicim but thats retarted. they work on jenners....or 4p hunchbacks because they're gast enough to get close enough to use them then get away. a stalker isnt.

less lrms. the more lrms you add the more useless you become due to the amount of ecm. youll spend all your time just waiting for locks and then watching them hit the ground when you fire them. go back to 3 lrm 15's then put on weapons you can actually use.....and with a range higher than 90 meters. the stalker shines as a mid-long range, high alpha support fire mech. fit weapons that fill that role, like some large lasers or a bunch of mediums.

missilewarrioronline is over due to ecm. 50/50 chance any game youll be able to use that many lrms......or 2 lrm 15's and 2 srm6's+ lasers....stalkers can be a beast up close if you want them to be.

make your builds more balanced.

want to boat lrms just get a C1 or C4 catapult...which ever one has 4 energy so you can fit 2-3 med lasers and a TAG. youll do better because your fast enough to reposition yourself to lock targets, and still have a couple lasers and the manuverability up close.

ferro just isnt worth it most of the time. maybe on lights you can fit both since they have lots of slots but not many "big" weapons. you can almost fit more armor via the bigger wieght savings of endo anyway.

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 03-03-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:33 PM #1990
General Muffinmann
^ ^

statistically small lasers do more damage per ton, and are faster shooting and much cooler. they are for against rushing short range light and meds
i also happen to like the color red.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:38 PM #1991
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

then paint it red instead.

2 med lasers will do the same thing....and have 3x the range.

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 03-03-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 PM #1992
General Muffinmann
^ ^

now 4 med, 3 lrm15+artemis, AMS and increased heat sinks armor and ammo

Last edited by General Muffinmann : 03-03-2013 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:53 PM #1993
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

thats more better.

if you just really like missiles try a cat-a1, youd probably like it. instead of going full splat cat go with an xl300 engine, 2x lrm10's and 4x srm6's. can put on the hurt from any range.

anyone gonna be on tonight?
Old 03-04-2013, 08:10 AM #1994
gamesondemand

My internet went down at some point yesterday, I might be on if I can get a tech to fix it tonight.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 AM #1995
Pump Scout
Old gun,new gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout is BST Legit
Just downloaded this (finally) this weekend. I'm a very long time BattleTech player, going back to just after it was called BattleDroids. First edition box set and all. MWO is pretty wild, just trying to get the hang of the controls and get everything coordinated with my el-cheapo joystick.

Flying to events? Check out BHTP to protect your travel and your bags!
Closed Thread