Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 PM #1051
gamesondemand
NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!

gamesondemand helped look for balloons
gamesondemand plays in the APPA D4 division
Interesting... Pretty much 2 lights, a heavy and an assault. Did the patch change anything significant?
Old 11-06-2012, 07:38 PM #1052
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
Awaiting Email Confirmation

commandos are so tiny. you can literally circle around atlases without them even seeing you
Old 11-06-2012, 08:41 PM #1053
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
I thought I heard a tornado or something coming earlier, now I realize it was the crying about the Cicada trial on the MWO forums.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:53 PM #1054
gamesondemand

What's the loadout for it? The way every variant comes stock all suck, so I can kinda see why people are complaining about it.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:55 PM #1055
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
No idea, and I haven't even been on those forums lately, I just that it's happening. Something about not have a medium that can deal any real damage and has so little armor blah blah blah...
Old 11-06-2012, 09:46 PM #1056
gamesondemand

It really should be a light... With all the variants there is a serious lack of armor on them, that was the first thing I changed when I bought one before the wipe.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:50 PM #1057
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Too heavy to be a light. You can't break canon!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:58 PM #1058
gamesondemand

I know. Found out they sort of fixed DHS'. Link for those interested in reading up on it. Phase 1 of matchmaking was put in today as well. Centy got another variant, I'm about to hop on and see if it's any good. New maps, and new piece of equipment, which is the artemis fcs. It improves the grouping size (read as more accurate groups) of missile volleys, whether they be lrms or srms (not ssrms) as well as decreasing the time to lock and increasing the lock duration, at the cost of adding more tonnage to your mech for the system itself as well as 1 ton per weapon and 1 more slot per applicable weapon. You cannot equip an artemis without having a missile slot/weapon, so it does not work like a tag, it is always on. Prepare to see all mboats carrying this upgrade.

Edit: From what I can see in the patch notes the new centy variant pretty much is a 9ah. In other words, better than the YLW in terms of flexibility. It has 2 of every weapon variant slot so you have a ton of options. I'll probably end up with one to grind for exp.

el oh el. New trial mechs are pretty bad with the exception of the cat. The atlas has an xl engine, commando and the cicada are insanely low on armor. Trials got screwed with this patch.

Wow. LRM paths got changed as well, they now come in basically right overhead and drop down on you. Centy, Atlas, commando, etc, anything with a prominent head just got boned. It seems AMS works better though, but still. 18 points of armor max for the head, if you have no ams you're ****ed. Not sure why they changed the path for lrms, they seemed to work fine before...

Last edited by gamesondemand : 11-06-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 AM #1059
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
Awaiting Email Confirmation

lrms... lrms everywhere

getting some weird graphical glitches
Old 11-07-2012, 07:34 AM #1060
gamesondemand

I noticed they took out the shake when missiles hit you, and added a blinking red text every time a missile barrage is shot at you. Useless information overload with now 3 causes of blinking red text. I don't even notice the warning messages anymore, I just assume it's a heat warning half the time.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:42 AM #1061
memoon
Moon Penguin

memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division
The artemis makes me a sad penguin

When you combine the tighter grouping with the new way it comes in overhead, one big missile barrage is able to drop anything smaller than a heavy. And most of the time, heavies lose their shoulders/arms from it. Every mech I field has to have an AMS to do anything
Old 11-07-2012, 11:58 AM #1062
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesondemand View Post
I noticed they took out the shake when missiles hit you, and added a blinking red text every time a missile barrage is shot at you. Useless information overload with now 3 causes of blinking red text. I don't even notice the warning messages anymore, I just assume it's a heat warning half the time.
Hopefully when they add the computer voices, there will be a verbal warning for all of those warnings.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:53 PM #1063
gamesondemand

I think it beeps at you. Might have a verbal warning, but I forget. AMS either got a huge buff or since they took the shake out I just don't notice the impact of missiles so much. But yea, lrms are now pretty op. I've seen them fired at a mech moving towards the firing mech and the missiles will go up, then come straight down, and since the mech is moving forward they will arc down into the back armor of the mech. Either way much faster kills for mboats, picking at head armor and back armor. Dirty, dirty fight mechanic.

Edit: I got a tk today... Fired lpl at a cat, got the kill and as he exploded I had been circle strafing, so my cursor drifted off his corpse, my lpl was still flashing and in the last burst of light it hit my teammate who was circle strafing as well and I killed him... I was like lol double kill, then I glanced left and saw that it had counted as a tk and I was all

New mechs incoming, Blackjack is a new future mech and the cataphract is coming in nov 20th. Cataphract looks like it could have a decent spread of weapons, looks like a beefed up hunchy 4sp variant.

Last edited by gamesondemand : 11-07-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:45 PM #1064
gamesondemand

Rebel get back in game...
Old 11-07-2012, 10:31 PM #1065
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
I think it beeps at you. Might have a verbal warning, but I forget. AMS either got a huge buff or since they took the shake out I just don't notice the impact of missiles so much. But yea, lrms are now pretty op. I've seen them fired at a mech moving towards the firing mech and the missiles will go up, then come straight down, and since the mech is moving forward they will arc down into the back armor of the mech. Either way much faster kills for mboats, picking at head armor and back armor. Dirty, dirty fight mechanic.

this. we got the **** blasted out of us all night. especially me in the trial cicada, its fun but its a tin can and lrms now go straight down on its head.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 PM #1066
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
What's the loadout for it? The way every variant comes stock all suck, so I can kinda see why people are complaining about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
No idea, and I haven't even been on those forums lately, I just that it's happening. Something about not have a medium that can deal any real damage and has so little armor blah blah blah...
it has an xl 320 engine ..120ish km/h
2 med lasers
1 small pulse
1 ultra ac5
ams

128 armor.

you can get some good damage in if you find someone not paying attention, the ac5 can take a cats arm off in 4-5 shots if they dont see you behind them...its paper thin though. wish i could buy that variant without the xl engine or ultra ac5 just for the loadout options: 4 energy, 1 ballistic and ams. seems like the best mix as the others are either all laser/all ballistic.

but thats the only way that ones available and its like 7 mil compared to 3 mil for the others.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:05 PM #1067
gamesondemand

No warning at all, except the flashing red script for lrm launches.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM #1068
gamesondemand

Hotfix is in, gonna test it in about an hour. From the feedback on the forums LRMs are back to where they should be and there is a lot of QQ from the cheesers who loved sitting in their base making it rain and getting **** tons of kills. Rebel, that thing where we saw the cockpits? Totally a glitch, and they supposedly fixed it. We'll see if that's true. They didn't fix the dying with armor thing yet, but a ton of people are experiencing it, plus I've submitted my own ticket about it, so they should be looking into it. Hope they fix that part too. Streaks are now only 90% accurate, which explains a lot. Retarded, as far as I'm concerned, they should have just made it so that they are 100% accurate, but don't always hit the ct. Pretty dumb to have homing missiles that don't home. What's the point of locking on if there is always a 10% chance that your 2 missiles will not hit the target? It's not like we're shooting lrm20's, where that hit rate is acceptable, it's 2 ****ing missiles PGI, 2.

Edit: LRM's are definitely fixed, haven't seen the cockpit glitch either. Much better, now I can take a few more beginning game risks while scouting. Caught the armor glitch on fraps, submitting ss and vid to pgi.

Last edited by gamesondemand : 11-08-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:08 PM #1069
Relic669

Relic669 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Looking to start a MWO group. Ive got a private TS3 server for us.

speakus-10.teamspeak.net:15199
Skylor in MWO
518th Brigade
518 Paintball
Spbtv
Old 11-12-2012, 09:58 PM #1070
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

CN9-AL centurion FTW. kinda wish i had bought founders now
Old 11-12-2012, 10:14 PM #1071
gamesondemand

Totally should have. It was worth it just for the cbill bonus.