PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 12:20 PM #673
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

log into your mechwarrior online profile on the forums, and see if you have a approved beta access flag at the top?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2012, 12:23 PM #674
Ninja Mouse
GGCLOSE

I'll just wait and see then. I always get a little freaked out when I don't get a confirmation of payment e-mail.

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 10-04-2012, 12:27 PM #675
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
You check your spam folder? GMail has been pretty fascist about what it considers spam for me lately.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:28 PM #676
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

completely understandable, but i have yet to see anyone complaign about not getting their founders after paying so i would assume its good to go.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 PM #677
Ninja Mouse
GGCLOSE

Spam folder is empty. I'm just gonna assume their system is slow for payment confirmation e-mails.

Now if we reach next week and I have no confirmation of payment, no founders status, and I see that I am -$120 in the bank account, ****s gonna go down lol

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 10-04-2012, 12:35 PM #678
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post
Spam folder is empty. I'm just gonna assume their system is slow for payment confirmation e-mails.

Now if we reach next week and I have no confirmation of payment, no founders status, and I see that I am -$120 in the bank account, ****s gonna go down lol
It's probably safe to assume it's just slow. The payment company they use is in Canada so the lines are probably just frozen.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:36 PM #679
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
It's probably safe to assume it's just slow. The payment company they use is in Canada so the lines are probably just frozen.

The Canadians are probably still in crisis mode after the bacon shortage was announced.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:38 PM #680
Ninja Mouse
GGCLOSE

I just noticed on their founders payment system they don't ask for an e-mail address, so it likely has to go through 2 systems before it registers and flags for a confirmation e-mail. So yea, its gonna be slow. Plus, Canadia. lololololol

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 10-04-2012, 12:44 PM #681
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
yes

had a brutal slugfest with 3-5 atlases on either side

3rd game in a row my cannon gets picked off at first contact
Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM #682
Ninja Mouse
GGCLOSE

Just got my beta e-mail, should be a good night tonight

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 10-04-2012, 02:25 PM #683
gamesondemand
NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!

gamesondemand helped look for balloons
gamesondemand plays in the APPA D3 division
Regular ppcs have a minimum range, ERPPCs don't. It's worth going for ER's even though they have more heat. They have longer range, plus no minimum. If you look on the beta forums there are charts that show you damage, heat, etc. They help a lot when planning a build.

Ninja add me when you get on, ExAce. Also, don't use a joystick. Keyboard/mouse is by far the better choice with how they made this game.

Played a bunch of rounds with kfresh last night, we did decently. I figured out what we should have done when we were capping as 2 atlases though. Should have circled the beacon in the middle on opposite ends so we could shoot the lights off our backs and protect each other. I still can't believe that one jenner was still alive and harassing us. I must have shot it at least 6 times with my dual lbx's...
Old 10-04-2012, 03:13 PM #684
Ninja Mouse
GGCLOSE

I should have named my pilot Kristen Bell... ****.

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 10-04-2012, 03:48 PM #685
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
save up for an XL engine, max out the armor, and replace the lasers with 4 mpulse lasers and it's a close range monster. I was missing armor and still took down an Atlas just by ducking in and out of the buildings on River City using that hunchback.
so i was working on fitting it some last night and i noticed i couldnt max out the armor on certain areas even though i was still under the max weight. bug? i could lower armor then put it back on, but i could never get it past like 58/64 for example.

so is it really worth it to drop the srm6's for extra armor and heat sinks and just roll with the pulse lasers?
Old 10-04-2012, 03:52 PM #686
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesondemand View Post
Regular ppcs have a minimum range, ERPPCs don't. It's worth going for ER's even though they have more heat. They have longer range, plus no minimum. If you look on the beta forums there are charts that show you damage, heat, etc. They help a lot when planning a build.

Ninja add me when you get on, ExAce. Also, don't use a joystick. Keyboard/mouse is by far the better choice with how they made this game.

Played a bunch of rounds with kfresh last night, we did decently. I figured out what we should have done when we were capping as 2 atlases though. Should have circled the beacon in the middle on opposite ends so we could shoot the lights off our backs and protect each other. I still can't believe that one jenner was still alive and harassing us. I must have shot it at least 6 times with my dual lbx's...

i hit that thing so many times with large lasers and the ac20 it was absurd. I have like 3m cbills again I believe.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM #687
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

in case i havent sent a friend request, mine is Rebel_816

so i just looked at the XL engines, i see they take up more space but didnt know they weighed so little.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:07 PM #688
gamesondemand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
so i was working on fitting it some last night and i noticed i couldnt max out the armor on certain areas even though i was still under the max weight. bug? i could lower armor then put it back on, but i could never get it past like 58/64 for example.

so is it really worth it to drop the srm6's for extra armor and heat sinks and just roll with the pulse lasers?
In reference to the armor thing if you read it closely you will see that the armor total is for front and rear combined. So say your mech has a slot in the left front torso for armor of a total 48. You have 30 filled for front left torso, and for rear left torso you have it at 18. 30+18=48 so you are maxed for that section of armor. Same goes for center and right torso.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
in case i havent sent a friend request, mine is Rebel_816

so i just looked at the XL engines, i see they take up more space but didnt know they weighed so little.
There are upsides and downsides to xl engines. Upside, more speed, less tonnage, more heatsinks included. Downside is that they take space in your left and right torso, so you can get cored a lot easier than with a standard engine. If they strip your left torso and then blow it up you will die, instead of with a standard engine, where you will lose the torso section, but still have a working engine. With any mech that has an xl engine you definitely need to max your torso armor otherwise you're asking to die easily.
Old 10-04-2012, 04:13 PM #689
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

ahh i was wondering if they fit into the side torso instead, there isnt enough room for the gyro and an XL in the center.

they come with heatsinks?
Old 10-04-2012, 04:17 PM #690
gamesondemand

All engines come with heatsinks. The amounts are in another chart on the beta forums, along with speeds and tonnage.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:07 PM #691
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamesondemand View Post
In reference to the armor thing if you read it closely you will see that the armor total is for front and rear combined. So say your mech has a slot in the left front torso for armor of a total 48. You have 30 filled for front left torso, and for rear left torso you have it at 18. 30+18=48 so you are maxed for that section of armor. Same goes for center and right torso.

There are upsides and downsides to xl engines. Upside, more speed, less tonnage, more heatsinks included. Downside is that they take space in your left and right torso, so you can get cored a lot easier than with a standard engine. If they strip your left torso and then blow it up you will die, instead of with a standard engine, where you will lose the torso section, but still have a working engine. With any mech that has an xl engine you definitely need to max your torso armor otherwise you're asking to die easily.
Ha, you know, I always saw that the engines took up spaces in the side torsos, but yet still wondered why I was dying from losing one of my side torsos even though I had CASE. It never even occurred to me that I was taking hits to the engine.

For me, the XL engine is worth the down sides. I seem to rarely lose my side torso even when using the Hunchback with an AC 20 with it's gigantic goiter of a right torso just asking to be shot. Every once in awhile a smart player will drill me there and take me out almost immediately, but I don't get why more people don't go for it. Anytime I face a Hunchback, that's the first thing I try to take out. For my other favorite mech, the Cat, there is almost no downside to the XL because its side torsos are really hard to hit accurately. You're better off going for the head on those anyway.

Ninja, add me: BadSkut. I'm getting on here in about 45mins if anyone is wanting to group up.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 PM #692
Ninja Mouse
GGCLOSE

kk added you, Ardai is me.

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 10-04-2012, 05:30 PM #693
frgood

has been a member for 10 years
Howdy all, Planet Star here and been getting destroyed over and over again in my trial Cat.

Looks promising. I just need some seriou controller work.

Every gun has a story. What's yours?
Closed Thread