merc4lyfe
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2012, 10:29 AM #653
Ninja Mouse
YOUR BACON IS MINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
Some of the IS had Clan tech by the time the real invasion happened anyway. The Wolf Dragoon mercenary company was basically a Clan Wolf sleeper cell whose job it was to both gauge the IS's ability to repel an invasion and prepare them for it. So I'm betting that Clan mechs will be accessible to all, and they just play it fast and loose with the lore.

They haven't really touched upon the whole meta game they plan on implementing yet, beyond being able to choose which great house you want to align with. Which as of right now just decides what your avatar in the forums is and can be changed anyway.

Also, I read on the forums that destructible terrain WILL be in the game eventually. They just haven't implemented it yet.

Edit: Also, don't forget that in the lore, part of the reason the Clans rolled over the IS at first was because they not only outclassed the IS in terms of technology but every one of their Mechwarriors' training was infinitely better than most IS counterparts. In this game, you're playing against neckbeards whose life training stopped at the potty.

Double Edit: I also recant my statement from a few days ago saying I wasn't a huge nerd for the lore. Obviously I was lying.
I have at least 20 BattleTech books. I am a massive BattleTech nerd. I've got minis of a Mad Dog, Dire Wolf, and Timber Wolf at my office at work. I have no issue declaring to be a huuuuuuuuuuuuge sweaty and neckbeard about Mechwarrior lol. This game could be what destroys my marriage. Ok well not that far, but wifey is going to be on my ignore list when MWO goes live.

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 10-04-2012, 10:38 AM #654
Fuzzy R. McNuggs
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Old 10-04-2012, 10:43 AM #655
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Then why have you not bought a Founders yet!? For a Mechwarrior fan, I think at least the $30 is worth it for the instant early access and supporting the devs. The $60 is better because you get a founders mech to instantly starting earning XP in, but I think the in game currency you get with the $30 pack is still enough to buy one.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 AM #656
gamesondemand
NYANNYANNYANNYANNYANNYAN!

gamesondemand helped look for balloons
gamesondemand plays in the APPA D3 division
If you get the founders package just get the middle one unless you want all the founders mechs. IMO it's not worth it to get all the founders mechs, the middle package gives you more than enough credits and such that you can easily buy whatever mechs you want.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:47 AM #657
Ninja Mouse
YOUR BACON IS MINE

Work has been absolute rape right now. I haven't done much research on the game because I just haven't had time, however I will probably get the highest tier founders tonight just to ensure my place in sweatiness. I planned on subbing/doing founders anyway to support the devs, just wasnt sure which route I wanted to go.

Team Aircraft Carrier
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48 AM #658
Fuzzy R. McNuggs

yea the founders mechs arent anything special

but you get to say youre legendary if you drop 120

Last edited by Fuzzy R. McNuggs : 10-04-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:52 AM #659
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
I don't really regret buying the elite pack because I've already gotten my monies worth in the time I've spent playing, but it's true I don't really use the Atlas or the Jenner. But still they are nice to have for when I feel like using one for a game but don't want to actually buy one that takes up a mech bay slot.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:53 AM #660
Ninja Mouse
YOUR BACON IS MINE

I'm an engineer on hourly and not salary, plus sixty hour work weeks the last month... $120 to ensure my place in sweatiness is just a drop in the bucket.

edit: I'm now a Founder. Is PbN doing anything or is everyone gonna do their own thing for a clan/company/etc?

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce

Last edited by Ninja Mouse : 10-04-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:46 AM #661
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

just had someone tell me ppc's don't do damage under 200m what? as far as i know energy weapons do damage from 0-xxx ranges.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:56 AM #662
Fuzzy R. McNuggs

yea i have heard that
erppcs dont have minimum
Old 10-04-2012, 11:57 AM #663
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
just had someone tell me ppc's don't do damage under 200m what? as far as i know energy weapons do damage from 0-xxx ranges.
No it's true. PPCs have a minimum range.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM #664
Fuzzy R. McNuggs

scott send me a group invite if your playing from 1-2 today
Old 10-04-2012, 12:01 PM #665
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
No it's true. PPCs have a minimum range.
since when....

also just had my centurion get ripped appart by a catpult shooting what i can only assume were some type of way op close range streak missiles.

was hiding in the trees spotting targets then all of a sudden one of my targeted cats turns and starts coming right for me. the two atlas's i was spotting for just left me to die :/
Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 PM #666
Fuzzy R. McNuggs

sent you a invite, crazyfish
Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 PM #667
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Sorry, got **** to do for awhile. I'll probably be on again in the evening.

Not trying to brag but had a game where I brought my team back from a 4 kill deficit for the win in a hunchback. I killed two Atlases, a hunchback, and a catapult in the span of a few minutes and when I went to go cap a Centurion came over to try and stop me. The two lights left on my team and I ended up tearing all but one of his legs off and forced him to watch while we capped. Really wish I had been recording that ****.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:10 PM #668
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy R. McNuggs View Post
sent you a invite, crazyfish
sorry i was just playing two quick matches while my rats warm up before i do my physics homework.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:12 PM #669
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfresh View Post
since when....

also just had my centurion get ripped appart by a catpult shooting what i can only assume were some type of way op close range streak missiles.

was hiding in the trees spotting targets then all of a sudden one of my targeted cats turns and starts coming right for me. the two atlas's i was spotting for just left me to die :/
I just found this out today as well. I never use them so had no idea.

Streak Boat Cats are some of the most annoying. Best way to deal with them that I've found is throw everything you've got at one of the arms. Once it's gone they are a bit more manageable. You can also just power down. then all they can do is look at you.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:13 PM #670
Ninja Mouse
YOUR BACON IS MINE

Scott did you get an e-mail confirmation of payment when you bought founders? I don't expect founders info show up on my MWO account instantly and etc, however I am used to getting an e-mail confirmation of payment from online transactions.

Team Aircraft Carrier
Sauce
Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 PM #671
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
I just found this out today as well. I never use them so had no idea.

Streak Boat Cats are some of the most annoying. Best way to deal with them that I've found is throw everything you've got at one of the arms. Once it's gone they are a bit more manageable. You can also just power down. then all they can do is look at you.
I was all alone at that point, i assumed he had lasers too? or do they have to ditch those for the bolts?

At first i was like "oh good he's gotten inside of 300m his lrms arn't goiing to do ****" then a sudden rush of horror washed over me as he opened up with his bolts.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 PM #672
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
I didn't get a confirmation per se. I got an email saying I got instant beta for purchasing founders, however.

EDIT: I take that back, I did get a confirmation email. Just found it.

Last edited by big_scott : 10-04-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Closed Thread