PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-18-2003, 06:46 PM #1
train762

has been a member for 10 years
Zues G2 - Only getting 5-9 shots per cartridge

Well I finally got all the leaks sealed up so I can actually get it to fire. I'm only getting 5-9 shots per cartridge. With the velocity screw all the way in, I get 5. All the way out, 9. Any ideas on how to get the approx. 20 shots people are reporting?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2003, 09:22 PM #2
ziggymarley
FATBOY!!!!!!!!!!

what velocity are you shooting at, higher velocities will use more air, so check the velicoty first and make sure eveything is well oiled.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:25 PM #3
ArmoMatt311
Armotech Warsensor dealer

he already said when its all the way out he gets 9 (which is the lowest velocity) and then all the way in it gets 5 (which is the highest velocity) ..... if its the stock spring then this should not matter.. but if you have an upgraded spring then it could be too stiff..

what brand of cartriges are you using?...

and your cupseal is good? you arent hearing any leaks..

humm.. i guess check the spring see if its too stiff let me know what spring is in it.. if its an upgraded spring and what the gun chronos at turned all the way down.
Old 12-19-2003, 01:00 AM #4
pony5oh

Your spring will have some effect but not much. The spring will hit the ball out harder if it is stiffer but the valve only opens so far each time. The spring would have to be extremely stiff to affect gas use.
More than likely your cartridges are old or of poor quality (both can lead to decreased number of shots)
or
If your puncture barb is dull and you are getting alot of hissing before the cartridge seals you may be loosing alot of shots.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:32 AM #5
ziggymarley
FATBOY!!!!!!!!!!

i dont carre if the spring is in or out, the only way to judge the velocity is OVER A CHRONOGRAPH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Idiosyncrisia
"And btw, firefox's spell check is ftw. if it wasn't for that, this post would be totally illegible."

PBNation Feedback, thanks
Old 12-19-2003, 05:25 AM #6
Xnuke
Banned

Lube ther gun properly then chronograph it. You must know the velocity before doing anything else.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:09 PM #7
pony5oh

Was the question about velocity or amount of shots per cartridge?
Old 12-19-2003, 07:13 PM #8
ArmoMatt311

well velocity and shots per cartrige have a ot to do with each other... since he says there are no leaks.. the next thing you would look at is how much gas your gun is shooting per shot.. which first depends on what velocity your gun is shooting at..
Old 12-21-2003, 08:03 PM #9
train762

The spring is stock; I have the black magic cup seal; there are no leaks anywhere; The cartridges are brand new Copperhead by Crossmann

I set up a chrono in my aprt and I'm shooting over 300 on the first down to about 290 on the last with the velocity screw all the way out. I've gotten the total number of shots up to 13. I think I might have been getting 9 earlier because the cartridges were cold from sitting in my car. I'm going to try cutting the spring a bit and see if I can get the velocity down to 280-5 and see if that helps me squeeze a few shots out of each cartridge.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:27 PM #10
ArmoMatt311

yeah that will work.. but cut very little at a time.. also... try using the brass eagle 12grams .. they seem to work very well after that you should be right up there to 20 or so ach 12gram
Old 12-22-2003, 01:31 AM #11
pony5oh

What did I say?....The simple answer is usually the right one.....No one listens to me though...armomatt has his own website right? Train; dont count on getttin near 20 shots per cylinder...Id work on being happy with 12-14 consistant shots....
Old 12-22-2003, 10:58 AM #12
ArmoMatt311

Also .. if you are dry firing your marker you WILL only get 9-13 shots out of it.. b/c it is using more air.

so if you have balls in it it should get 20 a cartrige...

were you dry firing it?...
Old 12-22-2003, 11:23 AM #13
train762

I was getting the 5-9 dry, 13 with paintballs
Old 12-23-2003, 12:13 AM #14
ArmoMatt311

ahh i see... how is it going now?... with brass eagle cartrige and medium bore balls and chronoed at 280ish then you should be getting your rounds up to 20

hope we helped ya