PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-18-2003, 03:22 PM #1
teddyboy

has been a member for 10 years
Putting M3 trigger frame on a Senti

Hey i saw in the pic thread that one guy had an electro trigger frame on his gun. If i wanted to do that what whould i need to do? Would i need to do I wouldnt want to do it myself because i have a bad tendancy to screw things up.

Satin Blue Senti- Dye Stainless Steel barrel, Crossfire 3000 48 N2 tank, Black Bob Long Torpedo Reg, LP Pin, Clear and Blue 12vl revvi w/ x-board
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-18-2003, 04:52 PM #2
teddyboy

And are there any implications involved with this. Would the gun be able to cycle that fast (20 bps?) Would the sear need adjustment or would i only need to drill some new holes in the frame to take the screws?

Satin Blue Senti- Dye Stainless Steel barrel, Crossfire 3000 48 N2 tank, Black Bob Long Torpedo Reg, LP Pin, Clear and Blue 12vl revvi w/ x-board
Old 12-18-2003, 05:03 PM #3
Crash STP
AKA ActionBob

Crash STP is a Supporting Member
drop Ernest a line at the factory - you need to do some milling to make it work - be better off going with the diadem kit IMO
Old 12-18-2003, 05:47 PM #4
FuzzyChicken

I agree with Crash, for all that work, time, resorces, money, etc.. In the long run u will be better off with a product that you know will work, is a quality product, wont waste ur time, anyways I would get the Diadem Kit.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:29 PM #5
teddyboy

yeah but how much is it? Wow 400 big ones! Four hundred big ones right after christmas when i have to buy gifts. Even if i do get it where will i get the money to play with it. I already thought about this guys and this will save me money. What do you think it would cost, and what milling is involved?

Old 12-18-2003, 06:49 PM #6
FuzzyChicken

well Im not sure about the milling costs, but I'd still say dish it out now instead of milling. just my opinion.

Last edited by FuzzyChicken : 12-18-2003 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-18-2003, 06:52 PM #7
teddyboy

or i could get a bushie, something that has been proven and works and is good. but i dont want to spend that money! now if you guys could just help me instead of promoting the diadem. You can get it im not stopping you, you can pay that kind of cash for it i wont.

Old 12-18-2003, 06:54 PM #8
FuzzyChicken

Jebus!!!!! just call up Earnest and talk to him about the milling, and find out who can mill it for u, possibly earnest or someone else.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:01 PM #9
teddyboy

Okay i will but i wont buy the diadem

Old 12-18-2003, 07:07 PM #10
not_manbot_revenge

frame is what about 100? plus probably about 70 for miilling, plus adjustment for the sear and whatnot give it another 50, plus farking up (it always happens) another 50...it's not a cheap investment

just get the diadem you little goon!

AIM=angryjacks hit me up
Old 12-18-2003, 08:03 PM #11
FuzzyChicken

sorry if my post was a little out of line... I was just uptight =\ anywhoo im with manbot on this one, in teh long run I think the kit is better, but its ur gun
Old 12-18-2003, 09:10 PM #12
Draknes
Blue/Silver Acid Wash TS

Ehh, I can see it being cheaper. Sure in the long run it will be cheaper to go diadem, but if he doesnt play often the electro frame may work out alright. The sears on the M3 frames are adjustable so all he would have to do is mill the frame. This won't be as easy as you think though. Draguns are 100% spyder compatible which means their frames are designed to accept the crappy round tubes that house the crappy spyder internals. Sentinel bodies are square on the bottom with a rail milled in to insure the reliability of the trigger mechanism. This means that milling a spyder frame to accept a Sentinel body would require a significant amount of modification and may not come out looking very well. There are other blowback markers whith electro frames that more closely match senti bodies (Infernos are the best) if you want to go that route. Even a pirranah frame is better. You should also realize that the sear in the the M3 frames is not made of the same material as the senti hammers, and if i remember correctly it is actually titanium. This means that you are going to have a good amount of wear going on After a while you are gonna have to start replacing parts.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:30 PM #13
FuzzyChicken

Thanx for clarifying Drakness!
Old 12-19-2003, 09:56 AM #14
ingenexec
Banned

Well, dont get sticker shock from the 400 dollars. IF you have a vert regulator thats going to feed the right pressure, and a cocker reg (or a good place to get one) you can get the amount of stuff you need for 250 (without the drop, too, which senti's already have) So thats 250, for the ASA, line stuff, frame, and ram. Sounds like a deal to me, barely more than the senti, and ABOUT the same as getting the dragun frame put on. So its a toss up.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:32 PM #15
Draknes
Blue/Silver Acid Wash TS

exactly
Old 12-19-2003, 03:16 PM #16
teddyboy

Oh i wasnt aware of that figure ingenexec thank you you have put it all inperspective and kept me from making a bad desision. I was thinking it would be 400 or so because i saw that number some where else, that is how much the one would cost for the TES. But is there any milling involved? cause if there is i would leave that to AM.

Old 12-19-2003, 03:59 PM #17
ingenexec
Banned

You're welcome. I'm such a wonderful person. Tis the season for giving... So where's my Diadem, AM? I know i didn't send money, but it IS x-mas. lol. later.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:45 AM #18
orbitalpaintballa

orbitalpaintballa is a Supporting Member
i though of doing this a while ago until i sold my sentinel

get a dremel for 35 dollars at target and take some measurements

My Feedback
Old 12-20-2003, 10:52 AM #19
RamDragon
Of The Board.

The $425 figure you saw was for the full kit. That includes the Ram, LPR, inline reg, ASA, and frame. If you already have your own LPR and inline regs, you won't need the full kit.

The Basic kit includes the Ram, ASA, and frame with Advanced Drop. MSRP: $334.95

Of course, we have modified electro trigger frames for the Sentinel before. We had the best results with the Centerflag frame, but I think that model is discontinued. Try to find one that has a flat top, as they will be better to modify (scoop top frames have less material and may not have enough room to mill it right; there might be some pretty large spaces that dirt can get into). I donít believe we have modified any plastic frames. Youíll have to call Ernest for any quotes on custom machining like this, though.
Old 12-20-2003, 11:03 AM #20
ingenexec
Banned

so a 70 and a 50 dollar reg off of the top only brings the price down 100? *is confused*
Old 12-20-2003, 12:09 PM #21
teddyboy

Do you really need to include the advanced drop? That seems kinda rediculous if you ask me. The basic kit should be just what you need to turn it into a diadem.