Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-02-2012, 07:55 AM #22
*Daylight*

*Daylight* plays in the PSP
*Daylight* plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
I like the 2011 trigger better. I guess I'm just used to my 2010 PMR which has the same trigger. I can rip on it better than the 2012 trigger. I'm not much of a fan of cam style ASA's either so the 2012's don't really jump out at me as there is nothing else different between the 2011 and 2012 that I am aware of.

On a side note. I know several people with 2011 Reflexes and they all have blown their solenoids by adjusting the reg too much or having it set too high. I suggest that anyone who services their regulator, put it on a pressure tester and set it to 100 psi BEFORE putting it back on the gun. Then chrono the gun. Adjust the regulator up in 1/16th turns. 1 full turn is a lot of pressure change and may be too much.
When i service my regs i always back them out to zero, then at the chrono go from there. Prevents having to by a pressure tester for those who don't have the extra cash. However, great idea on the tester.
*Daylight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:09 AM #23
rkenders
Northern Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Daylight* View Post
When i service my regs i always back them out to zero, then at the chrono go from there. Prevents having to by a pressure tester for those who don't have the extra cash. However, great idea on the tester.
The only problem with backing out to zero and then using the chrono to get the pressure right is if the gun has other problems. If you need to turn the pressure up too high to get the gun to shoot 280's you may unknowingly blow your solenoid and never even know that the gun is malfunctioning in some other way. A Dye reg tester can be bought new for $24. That's a lot cheaper than a solenoid. Knowing the reg is set to proper operating pressure up front and then test firing over the chronograph tells me the gun is in good shape. This is probably being anal, but I like to chrono my guns and then pull off the reg and check the output pressure again. Usually the output pressure is a few psi higher than factory specs. Once I know what pressure a particular gun needs to shoot 280's I can totally service the gun, set the reg to that pressure again and the gun shoots 280's once back together. I chrono anyway, but it's usually spot on. If I get wildly different results after servicing the gun, then I know there is something wrong with the gun.

I built my own reg tester by the way. You can find a fitting with the right threads in most plumbing supply stores for the Dye reg. Adapt that fitting to a gauge and for a couple of bucks you have a home made reg tester. I made a universal tester that I can test bottle regs or inline regs on. It has a 1200psi gauge and a 300psi gauge. I used a CP on/off ASA and a few 1/8npt brass fittings and a small valve to make it. I put a T fitting into the ASA port. The 1200psi gauge is in one side of the T and the other side has a valve and then the 300psi gauge. I open the valve for testing inline regs and close it when testing bottle regs so I don't blow the 300psi gauge. I might pull the 1200psi gauge and replace it with an 850 psi gauge so I have better resolution on bottles, but otherwise it is very compact and works very well.
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4070838
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4049998

Last edited by rkenders : 02-04-2012 at 02:23 AM.
rkenders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:09 AM #24
EbSti

I had a 2011 reflex that leaked from the noid, traded it in for a 2012 reflex. The trigger on the 2012 is 100x better, so easy to walk. The fact that the macro line comes straight out on the 2012 unlike the 2011 is deff better. Although I liked the on off Asa on the 2011 better. My techt bolt comes in on Friday I'll post a review.
EbSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:09 PM #25
SaltyWarDog

SaltyWarDog has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SaltyWarDog has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I got a 2012 dyecam used, for 450.00 plus shipping, wish it had a smaller bore barrel, thats it so far. I even shot my first 500 rounds of JT paint from wall-mart(didn't have anything else nearby). So far 2,000 and it works fine with Formula 13
Old 03-09-2012, 06:59 AM #26
rkenders
Northern Colorado

I bought an inline ASA and a critical trigger. I like having the air hose completely within the profile of the gun. The critical trigger is more adjustable than the stock trigger, but I'm not sure it is worth having. I put them on my 2011 Reflex just for grins.

The Reflex is a fine gun, just don't over tighten the barrel and crack the eye pipe.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:24 PM #27
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenders View Post
I bought an inline ASA and a critical trigger. I like having the air hose completely within the profile of the gun. The critical trigger is more adjustable than the stock trigger, but I'm not sure it is worth having. I put them on my 2011 Reflex just for grins.

The Reflex is a fine gun, just don't over tighten the barrel and crack the eye pipe.
Love my reach trigger I just installed on my reflex11. And thank god I don't tighten barrels like I'm he-man. LOL
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:41 PM #28
NewKid98

NewKid98 is playing at Living Legends V
NewKid98 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NewKid98 is for the Gunfight
NewKid98 is for the Gunfight
For the 2011 where do u get the reach trigger from?
Old 03-10-2012, 02:57 PM #29
Feloniousnick

Feloniousnick plays in the APPA D5 division
http://shop.dyepaintball.com/dye_am/...ger-black.html
Feloniousnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 01:55 AM #30
guinnessfc
Stay Focused Stay Alive

guinnessfc is playing at Living Legends VI
guinnessfc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
guinnessfc owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
guinnessfc plays in the APPA beginner division

Proto Rail Reflex 2012 PGA DYECAM
Planet Eclipse Ego 08
Tippmann A-5 Camo
guinnessfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:04 AM #31
Seek_and_Destroy
My Trial. Your Funeral

Seek_and_Destroy is a Supporting Member
Seek_and_Destroy plays in the APPA D5 division
Seek_and_Destroy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Seek_and_Destroy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Seek_and_Destroy has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Just ordered the PGA 20k leagues under. Can't wait to get this piece
2000 BMW 323Ci Sport
Seek_and_Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:52 PM #32
Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

Blue_Cobra owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blue_Cobra supports Team VICIOUS
Blue_Cobra posts videos on PbNation
Blue_Cobra supports Pev's Paintball
I have a 2010 PMR and I love it. I have used it once and It is pretty baller. It isn't mine yet but I am going to buy it from my friend for $185. I think it's a great marker. The Reflex Rails look pretty sick though too.

"Originally posted by greenperson: lol you just completely shutout savephace. they were like "look. our lens can take a gelatin shell at 425 FPS". and Vforce is like "ok. ours can take bullets.""
LEGO PAINTBALL WHAT DO YOU THINK???
Need to sell gear? Go to U.S.A. B/S/T! It's easy & it's Facebook!
Blue_Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:50 PM #33
Crimmins

Just bought a 2011 Reflex rail for $200. Less than a case of paint through it. I took it apart and lubed it. Everything looks mint even the o-rings. I do good? Gassed it up and no leaks. I'm going to play it on the 1st for the 1st time. Will know more then I guess
Crimmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:52 PM #34
Feloniousnick

That's very good, they should be around 300 right now at least.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:01 PM #35
Nuked
Evol Genius

Nuked is playing at Living Legends V
Nuked posts videos on PbNation
Nuked supports Pev's Paintball
Nuked has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Nuked is attending Decay of Nations VII
Whoever gave it up for $200 is a dope.

I refuse to let mine go for less than $350 and that's only if I get a rocking deal on a trade. This gun has treated me very well. My only plan at this point is to keep it and use it as a backup once I get a high-end.
Nuked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:14 AM #36
Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessfc View Post
That's a nice looking marker. I like the brighter colors though like the greens and blues. Still, if I was a woodsballer I would get this. Black is good for both but isn't as cool as this.

"Originally posted by greenperson: lol you just completely shutout savephace. they were like "look. our lens can take a gelatin shell at 425 FPS". and Vforce is like "ok. ours can take bullets.""
Old 03-21-2012, 07:49 AM #37
Crimmins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuked View Post
Whoever gave it up for $200 is a dope.

I refuse to let mine go for less than $350 and that's only if I get a rocking deal on a trade. This gun has treated me very well. My only plan at this point is to keep it and use it as a backup once I get a high-end.
He was originally asking $325 for it, but seemed desperate. I pulled out $200 and told him he can wait to try to find a buyer for $325, or take $200 right now. He caved.
I should expect good things from this marker then? I've never used one. It's a big jump up the food chain for me from my Spyder.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:01 PM #38
Blue_Cobra
Nxe-HK*ARMY-JT-Dye-Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimmins View Post
He was originally asking $325 for it, but seemed desperate. I pulled out $200 and told him he can wait to try to find a buyer for $325, or take $200 right now. He caved.
I should expect good things from this marker then? I've never used one. It's a big jump up the food chain for me from my Spyder.
Haha, I love doing that. You can always get a good deal if you have cash. I bought an X7 at a pawn shop for $80 when it was priced at $100 and when he heard I had cash he perked up a bit. I could probably gotten it for less. But that is just an example. In just about everywhere, if you have cash, and offer less, you have a good chance of getting it.
And yeah, that is a HUGE jump up from a Spyder. You hit the Jackpot! Haha, Protos are pretty good markers. Proto's are the prototypes of Dye Markers and function very similar and can work just as well.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:33 PM #39
Crimmins

Yeah it's amazing how seeing cash will weaken peoples resolve. When you just talk numbers they're able to stand their ground more. But cash is so hard for some people to turn down when it's in their face.

Don't get me wrong though. My Spyder's served me well, (been reliable and hassle free) and has been a lot of fun (I may keep it around for nostalgia), but it's time to get a more competitive marker, and the deal was too good for me to turn down. I'm liking the reviews I've been reading about this one.

Last edited by Crimmins : 03-21-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:30 AM #40
rkenders
Northern Colorado

I have a 2011 reflex and done some mods to it. Originally I had the stock trigger and liked it well enough, but found a critical trigger on pbnation for $20 so I bought it. Originally I was not overly impressed with it, but soon discovered how to properly adjust it and now I really like the critical trigger. I also replaced the stock ASA with an inline ASA. I've never been impressed with the efficiency of the gun. 7+ pods is not wonderful. As a result I'm considering the Techt bolt. Any thoughts anyone about the bolt?
Old 05-07-2012, 10:34 AM #41
WillyW0nka
REGISTERED SEXY OFFENDER

WillyW0nka is a Supporting Member
WillyW0nka plays in the PSP
WillyW0nka supports our troops
WillyW0nka plays in the APPA D4 division
Dude I have the techt bolt in my 2011 reflex and I'm getting LESS than you. I lowered my dwell to 14, shooting at 285fps, I'm getting 5 pods and a hopper off a 68/45 fill.
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:50 PM #42
Feloniousnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
Dude I have the techt bolt in my 2011 reflex and I'm getting LESS than you. I lowered my dwell to 14, shooting at 285fps, I'm getting 5 pods and a hopper off a 68/45 fill.
Stock it should be around 7 to 7 1/2 pods so you may be having an issue. I'd say try it with the stock bolt, then see where you are then. And that's with stock barrel in high-end paint.