Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2012, 11:00 AM #1
KDL
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Pump?

Does anyone still play pump around here? I'm selling my tournament gear. Plan on keeping my pump "just in case". Just wondering if there are any other people playing pump. When I stopped playing about two years ago it didn't seem like there were that many then.
KDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-25-2012, 12:38 PM #2
XKE
 
 
XKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
XKE plays in the PSP
XKE plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
I own a few pumps and break them out as often as not when playing rec ball.
__________________
QCK
Raiden
Carolina Collision
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:45 PM #3
memoon
Moon Penguin
 
memoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lexington, NC
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division
Pump is growing in NC.

Predator out in Hillsborough does pump days about once a month on a Sunday. They also have a pretty dedicated pump-only base out there as well.
PBC Greensboro has a solid group of regulars that play pump just about every Saturday....and quite a few that go up to xball with them on Sunday.
memoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:17 PM #4
KDL
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Know of any pump only tournaments or anything? I used to play pump more often to try to sharpen my skills and keep from being dependent on paint in the air. Many times I would not even get my tournament gun out. Of course then some jerk would inevitably show up with the gun mom and dad bought them and set it to ramping and light kids up that were just getting started in the sport. Needless to say, that bothered me so I brought out my gun to even the playing field.
KDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:35 PM #5
d-man60
 
 
d-man60's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
d-man60 plays in the PSP
d-man60 plays in the APPA D1 division
Cfoa has a pump division
__________________
Carolina Collision
Paintball Central
d-man60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:34 PM #6
memoon
Moon Penguin
 
memoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lexington, NC
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division
There is a pump tournament Saturday.

http://thecfoa.com/events/

Pretty sure all of these are featuring the 5man on Sunday and a 3-man pump on Saturday.
memoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:58 AM #7
XKE
 
 
XKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
XKE plays in the PSP
XKE plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDL View Post
Many times I would not even get my tournament gun out. Of course then some jerk would inevitably show up with the gun mom and dad bought them and set it to ramping and light kids up that were just getting started in the sport. Needless to say, that bothered me so I brought out my gun to even the playing field.

You don't sound good at paintball.
__________________
QCK
Raiden
Carolina Collision
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:58 AM #8
KDL
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKE View Post
You don't sound good at paintball.
ummm..ok. neither do you
KDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:12 AM #9
GrimReafer
 
 
GrimReafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charleston, SC
GrimReafer plays in the MiLP
GrimReafer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GrimReafer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDL View Post
ummm..ok. neither do you

XKE
Join Date: Aug 2003
Feedback: 26/0/0
QCK
RAIDEN

KDL
Join Date: Jul 2008
Feedback: 0/0/0
**No Siggy/teams of note rep'd.

^-Loses
__________________
GLK
Chive On from Charleston, SC
CFOA/PSP Referee
2011 CFOA D5 Champions
2014 CFOA D4 Palmetto Open - 1st Place
Paintball Charleston - CFOA - RAZA - theChive
GrimReafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:58 AM #10
memoon
Moon Penguin
 
memoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lexington, NC
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm terrible at paintball
memoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:12 PM #11
GrimReafer
 
 
GrimReafer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charleston, SC
GrimReafer plays in the MiLP
GrimReafer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
GrimReafer plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by memoon View Post
I'm terrible at paintball
Yes, yes you are.
Will Ponies be at the Carolina Classic?
__________________
GLK
Chive On from Charleston, SC
CFOA/PSP Referee
2011 CFOA D5 Champions
2014 CFOA D4 Palmetto Open - 1st Place
Paintball Charleston - CFOA - RAZA - theChive
GrimReafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:07 PM #12
KDL
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Oh, I didn't realize your join date and things you posted on the internet made you a better baller. Also, the post was random and irrelevant. I never claimed to be a pro. I also don't think it's necessary to post my accomplishments on the internet.

Last edited by KDL : 03-26-2012 at 01:11 PM.
KDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:19 PM #13
Riot mad cow
Milkshake
 
Riot mad cow's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Upstate SC
Riot mad cow owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Riot mad cow owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Riot mad cow has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Riot mad cow supports Empire
Calm down fellas...yes KDL..pump is alive and kicking. There are lots of great pumpers in NC and all over our region. The CFOA has an awesome pump group and we are growing all the time. Put the ego's away...figuratively...and otherwise...and come pump with some of the best pump players in the south.
If you just want to play pump...I am sure there are players in your area, I know pumpers all over NC, SC & Virginia.
__________________
Carolina Riot Scenario Team
http://www.pballcentral.com/
http://www.mppgames.com/
I Mooo faces
Riot mad cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 AM #14
memoon
Moon Penguin
 
memoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lexington, NC
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReafer View Post
Yes, yes you are.
Will Ponies be at the Carolina Classic?
Ponies are pumping on Saturday; not doing 5mans this Spring...may run a few in the fall.
memoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:33 AM #15
XKE
 
 
XKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Raleigh, NC
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
XKE plays in the PSP
XKE plays in the APPA Semi Pro division
Sorry, I was drunk.

But honest.

That post makes you sound ignorant and does not express that mindset of an experienced player.

I should have said nothing since I had nothing constructive to say.
__________________
QCK
Raiden
Carolina Collision
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:15 AM #16
KDL
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKE View Post
Sorry, I was drunk.

But honest.

That post makes you sound ignorant and does not express that mindset of an experienced player.

I should have said nothing since I had nothing constructive to say.
Water under the bridge, I too like to drink.. I suppose maybe I could have explained a little bit better. Rich kids were bonus balling new kids that were spending every thing they had just to try to have some fun. Getting bonus balled is not fun when your first getting started. It's not easy to"accidentally" bonus ball people with a pump. Therefore I switched over to give those "tournament players" some extra paint. I tried to talk to those players and tell them it wasn't cool but they didn't care and just continued on. Anywho, I've been playing for a while, probably 10 years or so rec. I didn't get into tournament until about 3 years ago. I do however enjoy pump and getting back to basics. I shoot a converted 2k cocker. What are you guys shooting?
KDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:44 AM #17
memoon
Moon Penguin
 
memoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lexington, NC
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon supports Team VICIOUS
memoon is reppin' sidebar 4 life
memoon plays in the APPA D5 division
2k+ pump cocker.....eyeing a 6.5
memoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:28 PM #18
joshsmithers
HAMPTON HAVOC
 
joshsmithers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: VA, for now...
joshsmithers supports Team VICIOUS
joshsmithers is reppin' sidebar 4 life
joshsmithers has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDL View Post
Water under the bridge, I too like to drink.. I suppose maybe I could have explained a little bit better. Rich kids were bonus balling new kids that were spending every thing they had just to try to have some fun. Getting bonus balled is not fun when your first getting started. It's not easy to"accidentally" bonus ball people with a pump. Therefore I switched over to give those "tournament players" some extra paint. I tried to talk to those players and tell them it wasn't cool but they didn't care and just continued on. Anywho, I've been playing for a while, probably 10 years or so rec. I didn't get into tournament until about 3 years ago. I do however enjoy pump and getting back to basics. I shoot a converted 2k cocker. What are you guys shooting?
I think XKE's original point was that, if you were a decent pumper, you wouldn't have to break out a tourney marker. A decent pumper would be able to smash the "rich kids" with a pump, no problem. This is the mindset he is saying you should have. agg.

But I do congratulate you for keeping a pump to play with. And yes, predator has pump days once a month, i think it's like $15 for air, entry, and byop. Haven't been home for a few months so I'm not sure when the next day is.
__________________
Josh "Smithers" Smith
joshsmithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:45 PM #19
KDL
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsmithers View Post
I think XKE's original point was that, if you were a decent pumper, you wouldn't have to break out a tourney marker. A decent pumper would be able to smash the "rich kids" with a pump, no problem. This is the mindset he is saying you should have. agg.

But I do congratulate you for keeping a pump to play with. And yes, predator has pump days once a month, i think it's like $15 for air, entry, and byop. Haven't been home for a few months so I'm not sure when the next day is.
I can agree with that, didn't have a problem getting head shots but you can only pump so fast and the only language they understood was overshooting. You saying that air and entry is $15 together? That's not bad.
KDL is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump