Old 01-11-2012, 03:43 PM #64
Seekey
Dave

Seekey plays in the PSP
Seekey plays in the APPA D3 division
Seekey supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyW0nka View Post
They weren't nearly as popular though as far as I knew. But I'm not from that area, so I could be mistaken as to what you North Easterners like/dislike. Hell, I still don't even know what the heck cream chipped beef is.
In fact up North you’d probably find 187 to have a bigger fan base with actual players than the Canes I don’t know of any teams that have beef with them. 187 has always been that team that kicked you *** and didn’t do it being a ****bag lol (at least my experience). All good guys and Id expect them to step right into the power vacuum that is left behind by the Canes.

Canes have been around longer been in the spotlight more times so people outside know the name. However regionally and currently 187 would have likely won the popularity contest.

I’m just glad to see that Stein will be still doing paintball…Perhaps not running a team but at least something. That’s the silver lining to this story.

Last edited by Seekey : 01-11-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Seekey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2012, 04:33 PM #65
pbbuddy12
I'm more of a 3 wire guy

pbbuddy12 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
pbbuddy12 supports Pev's Paintball
pbbuddy12 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Stein View Post

Has nothing to do with a unified league. Has nothing to do with players growing old and getting on with life. Had a lot to do with me getting on with life, though.

Forget paintball on TV. Even the discussion hurts the sport. I work for an interactive TV company. Before that I worked for an agency. Paintball on TV is not going to happen any time soon. At least not the way we’ve been trying to do it.

And there are no investors. Only spenders.

And it is plenty profitable at the local, field level.
This is off topic and I am more then likely mis-informed and simply ignorant when it come to this subject. But never said paintball is not profitable. I have seen through local family start-up fields how profitable it can be when done properly. Simply that in my opinion this sport at this point on a tournament level is still somewhat in it's infancy as far as it's maximum level which it can achieve. I am not saying I ever expect to see Avalanche with a 20 man roster all pulling a 200k+ salary or something. But this sport has room to grow.

What I meant by investors is anybody who puts $1 into the sport, sponsors, and primarily ones that are not from the paintball industry. Again always room for expansion.

Nothing was ever done by people not discussing it. If players want a single national league then why does it harm the sport discussing it,or also if they do not want it. Same goes for it being televised. Like I said before I know I do not know the 100%logistics and chances of any of this happening but talking about this is what this site is about and how things come to be, or how they are realized as non-feasible. But I do not understand how it is detrimental to the sport in any way.

And last, he asked why several team including the Canes were closing shop, I know other teams it has been due to things such as players personal lives. That statement was mainly directed towards the subject of other teams. I do ot know the fine details of the situation with you guys, never claimed to.

But sorry if I made you mad by anything I said before or in this post.

On the main subject: what I forgot to put in my initial post, and after what Wonka has said.
No matter if your a Canes fan or not seeing a team that has been around for quite some time close up shop is an unfortunate thing to see. Even if they were your teams #1 rival still have to look at it as a loss for the sport. I do not look at Wonka's initial post as anything hostile or rude. Was his personal opinion and he did not really say anything that discredited the Cane's and what they did over the years as a team and organization.

Best of luck to the whole crew and there own futures.
pbbuddy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 PM #66
beanzfbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
They won the Chicago PSP in D1.
u rite u rite .......but they were a pro team at 1 time and well they just didn't get back to that level (which i think they were trying to do).....i do like them and it is sad to see them go especially having the dedicated people they had

Ironbound Ballerz
AXE
Custom FBM Block Cut Pump
CLONE VX
beanzfbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:42 PM #67
J. Stein

J. Stein is a Supporting Member
J. Stein is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
J. Stein plays in the PSP
J. Stein donated to help Peyton Trent
Not at all mad.
And only correcting statements as they pertain to NEH. Once our forum is closed, I don't plan to busy myself correcting misinformation, so if I can catch it now, I will.

Warzone Facebook
www.warzoneri.com

RIP Ronnie
J. Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:45 PM #68
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by watspaintball? View Post
Didn't some of the players also go to LIFT? correct me if i'm wrong
Yes, Alfred went back to LIFT and Keith Devit also migrated to their squad.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:00 PM #69
Enderle

Enderle is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekey View Post
In fact up North you’d probably find 187 to have a bigger fan base with actual players than the Canes I don’t know of any teams that have beef with them. All good guys and Id expect them to step right into the power vacuum that is left behind by the Canes.

Canes have been around longer been in the spotlight more times so people outside know the name. However regionally and currently 187 would have likely won the popularity contest.

I’m just glad to see that Stein will be still doing paintball…Perhaps not running a team but at least something. That’s the silver lining to this story.
Agreed on all counts
Old 01-11-2012, 05:35 PM #70
excessiveego
Timmy Clan ExPresident

excessiveego donated to help Peyton Trent
excessiveego helped look for balloons
excessiveego has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
excessiveego has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekey View Post
In fact up North you’d probably find 187 to have a bigger fan base with actual players than the Canes I don’t know of any teams that have beef with them. 187 has always been that team that kicked you *** and didn’t do it being a ****bag lol (at least my experience). All good guys and Id expect them to step right into the power vacuum that is left behind by the Canes.

granted, ive been out of paintball for a year now, but im from NH and have never even heard of 187 yet iv'e played with a few members of the Canes in the past..... they seemed like some decent guys
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex
"IDK that I have something that would accurately measure something that small...maybe I could send it to TJ and he could use the same device he measures his penis with."
excessiveego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:46 PM #71
Enderle

Enderle is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by excessiveego View Post
granted, ive been out of paintball for a year now, but im from NH and have never even heard of 187 yet iv'e played with a few members of the Canes in the past..... they seemed like some decent guys
187 crew has always been one of those relatively low key teams, they have mostly always played out of fox4 (upton, ma) besides their national events. So it's not surprising being from NH you haven't heard of them. One could definitely say they keep their mouths relatively shut and let their guns do the talking, and well they definitely did that very well the past 2 years.
Plus I have to love 187 since 2 of my former uconn teammates play with them
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 PM #72
haniousman12

Dang. Jeff used to let me pod hoe for them when they would play HB. There goes my players passes.....
Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 AM #73
JC001
CrownPB

JC001 plays in the PSP
JC001 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
JC001 posts videos on PbNation
JC001 plays in the APPA D4 division
It sounds like effort required to manage a tournament team was not worth the utility. Jeff will still be actively involved over at Warzone and when they finish the air ball field there will be sponsored teams. This is by no means a complete retirement from the paintball community.
JC001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:51 PM #74
cjpaintballer
GEO fanboy <3 #88 ratpack

cjpaintballer plays in the PSP
cjpaintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
cjpaintballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cjpaintballer supports DLX Technology
i was SURE these guys were going to go pro again?! AHHH!! hurricanes was my favorite team for sure. i will miss them :'(
•SNAKE PLAYERS GANG• •SANDANA OWNERS CLUB•
cjpaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:34 AM #75
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poppasmurf15 plays in the APPA D5 division
Again....I give it a couple seasons, just like vicious, vision, joy, ect. Just a name anymore, no one carries over from the previous team anymore anyways

"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin
poppasmurf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 01:38 AM #76
poppasmurf15
Throwin ropes since '99

poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
poppasmurf15 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poppasmurf15 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjpaintballer
i was SURE these guys were going to go pro again?! AHHH!! hurricanes was my favorite team for sure. i will miss them :'(
Everyone thought vision (one of smart parts teams from bitd) was going to go pro again when they came back, they just faded away. The greg pauly vicious team (new vicious) is about the only team to ever drop from pro, reclaim their name and work their way back from d2/d3 all the way back to pro. Took them years to rebuild the team and the name, that was during a good economy too.

Sucks to try to run a team in this economy of 1/4 the prize packages of 6 years ago

"we must all hang together or assuredly we shall all be hanged seperately." -ben franklin

Last edited by poppasmurf15 : 01-14-2012 at 01:42 AM.
poppasmurf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:00 AM #77
recoil101

recoil101 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
recoil101 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
recoil101 is attending Decay of Nations VI
recoil101 supports DLX Technology
No ways, I always dug the Hurricanes.
recoil101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:59 AM #78
JTBaller203
Thug Life

JTBaller203 supports Team VICIOUS
JTBaller203 posts videos on PbNation
JTBaller203 supports Pev's Paintball
JTBaller203 plays in the APPA D4 division
JTBaller203 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
sucks the canes arent gonna be around anymore
Old 01-15-2012, 12:03 PM #79
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppasmurf15 View Post
Everyone thought vision (one of smart parts teams from bitd) was going to go pro again when they came back, they just faded away. The greg pauly vicious team (new vicious) is about the only team to ever drop from pro, reclaim their name and work their way back from d2/d3 all the way back to pro. Took them years to rebuild the team and the name, that was during a good economy too.
Who was Vision? From where? They were pro?

The OG Vicious team also wasn't ever Pro. All of their players went Pro, but not as a team.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:32 PM #80
sickaudi

sickaudi owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sickaudi supports Team VICIOUS
RIP Hurricanes.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:26 PM #81
RyanFitForBattle
All praises due.

RyanFitForBattle plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHef View Post
Dont worry about wonka he hasnt even graduated college but is somehow an expert on life.
This doesn't make you come off as pretentious at all...

You do realize that many of the great minds you've been reading about/have read about in college...never graduated from college. Neither did many successful entrepreneurs in the 20th or 21st century.

He's entitled to his opinion, even if it isnt up to your local community college standards.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:54 AM #82
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
could of swore I just saw a rebirth web seriers here about the Canes a year or so back, looks like they never got back on their feet
Old 01-16-2012, 04:32 AM #83
TheHef

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitForBattle View Post
This doesn't make you come off as pretentious at all...

You do realize that many of the great minds you've been reading about/have read about in college...never graduated from college. Neither did many successful entrepreneurs in the 20th or 21st century.

He's entitled to his opinion, even if it isnt up to your local community college standards.
Please re-read his posts to understand what you are commenting on
My qoute has nothing to do with college or community college. It's about someone consistently acting like a know it all douche.
TheHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:19 AM #84
LSU Foolsball 70
CSL Owner!

LSU Foolsball 70 plays in the PSP
LSU Foolsball 70 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
LSU Foolsball 70 posts videos on PbNation
LSU Foolsball 70 plays in the APPA D4 division
i thought they were done last year? damn missing the times.

New OrleansLETHAL 2014!!!
OBAMA BLOWS GOATS FOR QUARTERS SO DOES HIS FOLLOWERS!!!!
LSU Foolsball 70 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.