Tri-State Special Operations Command Scenario Paintball Team, partnered with PocoLoco Paintball Park in Schwenksville, PA, is pleased to announce their upcoming production of TSSOC Presents: Rome: 2045 - a scenario paintball game, on Saturday, March 17, 2012.
The year is 2045, and the Empire of Rome rules many nations, but cannot rule itself. In an alternate future, dominion over the Empire is contested by two ancient and noble families, the House of Julii and the House of Brutii, eternal adversaries whose enormous wealth is matched only by their desire for power. In the name of the Emperor, these two families wage perpetual wars of conquest across the globe which have made them all the more rich and popular. While Rome has enjoyed a period of relative prosperity and stability, news has arrived at the front that the noble Gnaeus Septimius Maximus, the capable and long-standing Emperor of Rome, has gone to his ancestors, leaving the throne and the title unclaimed. With the Senate and People of Rome calling for new leadership, and with time of the essence, the leaders their respective families of mobilize the elite of the elite amongst their mighty legions and make haste for the city, driven forward by the desire to win the hearts and minds of the people and claim the title of Emperor before their ancient adversary can do the same. The only question was who would get there first….
The game will incorporate many unique and fascinating gameplay factors, including purchasable buildings, interactive roleplayers, unusual multi-part missions, and powerful in-game perks, such as chemical gas attacks, specialized player roles, Anti-Aircraft guns, deployable pill boxes, helicopter insertions, UAV reconnaissance, field hospitals, and personal infantry shields. This is a game not to be missed!
TSSOC is excited to bring you Rome: 2045, and believe it will be one of the most talked about games of the season. So join us on March 17th, 2012, and do your part in making history and crowning a new emperor in Rome!
Frederick "Big Bo" Young of Sons of Vengeance Paintball
will be leading the House of Julii
. His contact is firstname.lastname@example.org
or SOV Bozilla
on PbN. His XO is Marc "SWAT" Stevens of Odin's Warriors.
Colt "Phoenix" Dickerson of the 68th Legion
will be leading the House of Brutii
. His contact is email@example.com
on PbN. His XO is Jason "Trooper" Davila of Hostile Takeover. k2riser
Pre-Registration Price until March 11, 2012: $40 (includes CO2/HPA) Registration afterwards will be $50. Paint: $65 per case (field paint only). There is a 300 player cap to this game. Free open play on Sunday, March 18, 2012 with your wristband and player ID card. Pre-reg here http://www.tristatespecops.com/rome.asp
6:30 am - Gates Open
7:00 am - Pre-Registration/Registration
9:15 am - Player Briefing
10:00 am - Game Starts
4:00 pm - Stand down to prepare for Final Battle
4:45 pm - Final Battle
5:15 pm - Game Ends
5:30 pm - Awards Ceremony
TSSOC would like to thank our Rome: 2045 Event Sponsors: Tippmann
, Guerrilla Air
, and Poco Loco Paintball
and our prize sponsors Furious Paintball
, Flasc Paintball
, and Qloader
for donating great prize packages for the game.
For the weary, or those who travel from a far, or for those who choose to battle the next day against friend and foe alike, we have compiled a list of places to rest and recuperate.
Days Inn Pottstown (11 minutes), 1600 Industrial Highway, Pottstown, PA, 610.327.3300
Holiday Inn Express (13 minutes ) 15 Keystone Dr, Limerick, PA 484.932.8827
Comfort Inn (14 minutes), 99 Robinson Street, Pottstown, PA, 610.326.5000
Motel 6 (14 minutes), 78 Robinson Street, Pottstown, PA, 610.819.1288
Americas Best Value Inn Pottstown (14 minutes), 29 East High Street, Pottstown, PA, 610.970.1101
Quality Inn Pottstown (15 minutes), 61 West King Street, Pottstown, PA, 610.326.6700
or camping at French Creek State Park (30 minutes; they have cabins as well) http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us
For more information, visit http://www.tristatespecops.com
1. Goggles On at ALL times in the play area.
2. Field Paint/Grenades Only (First-Strike rounds are not permitted.)
3. All players must chronograph their markers at or below 280 fps. Referees will be checking chrono both at the range and on the field.
4. Use a Barrel Sleeve at ALL times when not in play. Barrel Plugs are not acceptable barrel blocking devices. When shot, put your barrel sleeve on quickly, and raise your marker above your head to indicate you are eliminated. This will help keep you from getting overshot.
5. No blind firing! If you are not looking at your target, it is NOT okay! Looking through cracks/holes in bunkers while shooting over/around is also prohibited. Players in violation of this rule may have their cards punched.
6. A referee’s call on the field stands. The Game Producers, field owner, or head refs will not reverse the call of a referee. So make sure you wipe off old hits, keep your masks down, etc…
7. Armband tape MUST be worn by all players visibly on ONE ARM (as specified during the pre-game briefing). Generals MUST wear armband tape on BOTH ARMS (and is the only person permitted to do so.)
8. GUN HITS COUNT - You are eliminated if a paintball breaks anywhere on your person, your equipment, your marker or any prop or item you may be carrying (aside from the Individual Infantry Shields.)
9. Optional Surrender Rule – If you approach within 15 feet of another player and they are unaware of your presence, you have the option of offering them a surrender. If they call themselves out, do NOT shoot them! If they turn to fire, then you may shoot them. It behooves everyone to offer and accept surrenders! This helps prevent overshooting at close-range.
10. Barrel-tagging is allowed. The player must GENTLY touch the opposing player with the side of his barrel which must remain on the marker and say “Barrel Tag” (No other phrase counts.) Other devices for barrel-tagging (toy swords, daggers, etc) MUST be approved by Scenario Control prior to being allowed on-field. Scenario Control will mark approved barrel-tagging devices.
11. The field border will be marked by a yellow boundary tape. The boundary tape may dog-leg on occasion. You may not shoot across these tape-lines. Your paintballs must remain in-bounds just like you.
12. Each team will have an "exclusion zone" around their CPs that no soldier of the opposite team may move into (UAVs excluded). Players may move freely through their own exclusion zone, and both teams may fire into or out of either zone.
13. NO MARKERS WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE COMMAND POST (CP) AT ANY TIME, EVEN WITH A BARREL COVER. The CP is not to be used as a bunker. There is no shooting into or out of the CP at any time.
14. Whistle blasts will signify the start and end of play. If you hear a whistle blast in the middle of the game, STOP FIRING IMMEDIATELY! Take a knee, put your marker down, and wait for instructions from a referee. This is for a safety stoppage! A whistle will also signify a resumption of play. You may not use a stoppage of play to advance on the opposition. Violation of this rule may result in offending player being "eliminated" by referees.
15. Once you indicate that you are out, whether by yelling “OUT!” or raising an arm or marker above your head, you are out, regardless of whether or not you are hit.
16. All Launchers must be approved, inspected, and tagged by Scenario Control. Launchers must chrono below 230fps.
17. No pyrotechnics, hot-burning smoke, firearms, knives, airsoft, or any paintball caliber other than .68, laser sights. No fighting, drinking, or drugs.
At the discretion of a referee, you may be given a punch on your ID card for rule infractions. This punch is your only warning. A second punch means you are removed from the field with no refund. Punch-able infractions include, but are not limited to, mask lifting, overshooting, blind firing, and excessive foul language. Severe infractions may result in the players’ immediate removal from the property. Depending on the severity of the infraction, your team may be removed as well. So have fun and be safe!