Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-05-2012, 07:06 AM #1
ADR rush

Problems with etha!!!

Received my etha the day my local paintball store (1up paintball, Enid, OK) received them and it seems I got the lemon in some aspects. Since I received it 3 weeks ago I have had to adjust my dwell constantly higher to activate the solonoid. Sometimes, in cold temperatures, it won't activate at all!!! Placing the marker in front of a heater or warm room solves the not activating problem but as I am setting at max setting (15) dwell I am wondering if there is anything I can do to remedy this problem. Next issue. When I get the marker to work it shoots paint like a dream. But shooting reballs at 220 is awful. It shoots a few successfully and then rolls 5 out of the barrel. This part I do not believe is my particular marker as the local store has 3 that have the same problem with reballs. So does anyone have a fix or suggestion for either of these problems? Any help is appreciated in advance!!!
ADR rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 AM #2
Jack Wood

Annual Supporting Member
Jack Wood is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Jack Wood works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jack Wood owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
We are looking into the reball thing at the moment. We test all the guns with paintballs and reballs before they are shipped, but we do test them at 280fps, not 220fps. We don't have any issues doing that at all.

When you are saying "activate the solenoid" are you talking about trying to make the solenoid "click" with no air on the gun or are you actually meaning getting the gun to shoot with air?

The solenoid does not have to click (with no air) for the gun to shoot. With a good, fresh battery the solenoid will click more often than not. But once the battery has a little juice taken out of it the solenoid will aften stop clicking. It will, however, work perfectly once there is air on the gun. This is normal.
Jack Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:49 PM #3
ADR rush

I appreciate the fast reply!! I have also noticed sometimes that the rubber tip is getting pulled partially off the bolt with reballs causing the gun to show a jam and not fire when shooting reballs. I am assuming this happens on the return stroke of the bolt and the tip catching on the next ball in the stack.

It is about 60 degrees where I am at and I have a full 68/4500 tank and if I set my dwell at lower than 13 the gunfires once and then stops firing until I turn it off and then back on again. Then it will fire once more.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:48 PM #4
frenchy2475

frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
frenchy2475 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I take it you have tried a fresh good quality battery?
frenchy2475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:55 PM #5
ADR rush

I have a brand new energizer battery installed.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:44 PM #6
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Make sure that you don't have any grease on the bolt bumper or bolt guide, as this will cause bolt stick.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:23 PM #7
ADR rush

I have removed the guts a couple times and cleaned the bolt, bumper and guide to make sure there was no grease there. Thanks for the suggestions though!!!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:16 PM #8
-raqh-

Annual Supporting Member
-raqh- owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Just in case i'd suggest trying another batterie. Sometime even brand new batteries arent at full charge. And Duracell works better for paintball guns in my experience.

Hope you'll find the problem soon!

-raqh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 PM #9
propluscocker04
Yes, thats me.

Don't mess with the dwell at all. It's a new gun.

NEW FEEDBACK 29+ 0-!!!

OLD FEEDBACK 14+ 0-!!!
propluscocker04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 PM #10
ADR rush

Well, I prolly wouldn't have messed with it had it been firing when I pulled the trigger. That was the only way I could get it to shoot and the colder the gun gets the higher I have to set the dwell to make it operate.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 AM #11
ADR rush

I have been talking to Nicky in planet eclipse's customer service and tech department and they are sending me a new solenoid and bolt tips!!!! These guys are awesome!! I've always heard their customer service is great but this is top notch!!! It seems they will do whatever they possibly can to fix problems or make their customers happy. I will DEFINATELY be buying their products from now on. When I receive the tips and solenoid I will post with the results.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:47 AM #12
Fenix001

Duracell > Energizer
Fenix001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 07:53 AM #13
ADR rush

Received my parts from planet eclipse earlier this week and I have to say I'm impressed!!!! They didn't just send one tip they sent several!!! Now on to the not so fun stuff. The new harder tips DEFINATELY improved the handling of reballs although there are still some misfire issues. I noticed prolly anywhere from 1-4 misfires out of 20. I did note a curious fact. I use a Z2 hopper and another etha that was at the field at the same time as me had way less misfire issues. I use a Z2 loader. He was using a VL "egg" those were the only differences in our setups. Could part of the issue be in the the force feed of the Z2 since the egg isn't actually a force feed hopper?
Old 01-15-2012, 09:13 AM #14
dr.paintball
JON RAMOS. ILLINOIS

The egg dominates all hoppers with reball (from my experience) so yes it is very possible that is the problem.
JON RAMOS #37
dr.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:49 AM #15
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
Do you have another loader that you could try, or one that you could borrow? Then you could see if it is the loaders that make a difference on your marker, rather than it being a difference between the markers.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote