PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 12-17-2003, 03:41 PM #1
flagrunner15

has been a member for 10 years
Thumbs up Sentinels In Toledo

There was a tournement in Toledo last weekend that I went to check out. I talked to some kids from Team Zion. The whole team was using Sentinels. I'm guessing that AM sponsors them. I had no idea how cool these markers were until they let me mess around with one. I watched every game that they played in. They knew how to play, that's for sure. They took the center flag in the first 10 or 15 seconds of every game but one. They were by far the most aggressive team I have watched before. I usually try to check out the teams that come from out of the city, to see what's going on out there. I think they ended up getting 3rd or 4th place in the finals. There were 3 teams to break 300 points in the prelims, something I have never seen before. Team Zion was one of them. Anyway, I just wanted to say that all the guys on that team were really cool and friendly. They got me hooked on these markers. The one guy knew more about the Sentinel than the back of his hand. How do I go about ordering one? They gave me a card and a cd, but I left them at the tourny by accident.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2003, 03:44 PM #2
sponge008

Just buy from www.actionmarkers.com
Old 12-17-2003, 04:01 PM #3
ripstop

I was at that tourny. I'm on Team Juno. We played Zion in the prelims. We got 5 points agains them. I took out one of their back players. You are right thoug, they were agressive. They got the flag in our game before I even know they had someone that close. Their flag guy was invisible until the end of the game when he hung the flag behind me. I was hoping they would win the tourny, just because they had such a cool playing style. Well, I would have liked my team to win, maybe give Zion second. Mirage was a pretty good team too.
Old 12-18-2003, 07:03 PM #4
flagrunner15

I am definately thinking about getting a Sentinel TS now. The guys that were in the tournament all had different add ons and some had just stock. If I get one, what should I add on it? I'm doing research now, so that I don't end up with something I won't need.
Old 12-18-2003, 09:29 PM #5
FuzzyChicken

well if u want a new barrel, not neccesary, but an improvement, do what I did. Call up AM and order a ur gun without the stock barrel ($30) and use that for a new barrel it will save u some money. I suggest the RX cuz it accepts inserts, u will only need 2 inserts .689 and .691 since that is the 2 most widely used broe size, agian up to u. If using Co2 I would recomend a foregrip, but if u have the cash now I would recomend using nitro wiht a reg, or perhaps simply upgrading to the Sentinel TS Pro.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:27 AM #6
Benson

Yeah, I am up in Toledo and am quite fond of my Diadem, Sentinel, and Illusion. I don't own anything else, literally. Right now I am a second year ME student at the University of Toledo. College sure does damper the playing funds, but I do what I can.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:55 PM #7
flagrunner15

Hey, do any of you guys that work at AM know any of the kids from Zion? I would like to talk to them again about some stuff. We may be moving to that area in a little while and I wanted to see if they have any openings on their team. I figure since they are from Fort Wayne and they all have sents, you guys would know who they are. Any help would be appreciated...thanks.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:27 AM #8
AM-Steve

We do know them -- they come into the store occasionally. Great bunch of guys. -- I will point them to this thread and have them get in touch with you.

http://www.actionmarkers.com
Old 12-27-2003, 12:27 AM #9
nbregin
Cardiac Arrest

Hey, this is Nick. I am the captain of Zion. I appreciate your comments about our playing style. It seems to be working pretty well for us. If you would like to get ahold of me or anyone on the team, my email is nbregin@comcast.net . I would love to help you out in any way that I can.