Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-14-2012, 03:40 PM #1
Nodnarb Hcsob

Which Tank and What Size

Im in the market to buy a new tank, and was thinking about getting a dye throttle becuase i shoot and NT, but does it matter. Also what tank is good with almost any marker, like a ninja maybe? Lastly is there really a big difference in getting a 68ci/4500psi over a 48ci/45oopsi considering i play tournaments not woodsball. Thanks
Nodnarb Hcsob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-14-2012, 04:25 PM #2
Apoco 310
Oh Yeah!!

Apoco 310 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Apoco 310 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Apoco 310 supports Team VICIOUS
Apoco 310 supports DLX Technology
I use a NT also and I had originally bought a ninja 48/45 and it was fine. Although I do play scenario also and was needing a larger tank so I then bought the 68/45. I think it really depends on how many times you want to keep going to air up.
Apoco 310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:47 PM #3
Nodnarb Hcsob

Ok thanks, but i just checked out ninja and they had a bunch of tanks with different pressure outputs like super high, and super low yada yada. So what kind of output is good with all guns including my NT
Old 02-14-2012, 06:34 PM #4
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnarb Hcsob View Post
Ok thanks, but i just checked out ninja and they had a bunch of tanks with different pressure outputs like super high, and super low yada yada. So what kind of output is good with all guns including my NT
Read your marker manual, it should state what tank output is recommended for the gun.

Tank size is personal preference, what is good for one person another may not like. Best thing to do is go to your local store and try out different tanks tell you find the one you like.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:37 PM #5
ck028

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565

Read your marker manual, it should state what tank output is recommended for the gun.

Tank size is personal preference, what is good for one person another may not like. Best thing to do is go to your local store and try out different tanks tell you find the one you like.
What he said. There is some video on YouTube that talks about size vs arm length. It needs to fit your body, not too long and definitely not too short. I'm 5' 11" and a 68 is a perfect fit, whereas a 45 or a peanut is way too short. I feel like I lose stability. Just do your research...
ck028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:37 PM #6
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer565 View Post

It is doubtful that they will let you screw a new tank onto a new gun for you to test it out.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:08 PM #7
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
It is doubtful that they will let you screw a new tank onto a new gun for you to test it out.
Some store owners actually care for there customers, so you never know.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:04 AM #8
Nodnarb Hcsob

ok i know size is personal preference, but does anyone know what pressure output is the "norm" for most guns? I dont want to buy a ninja and get screwed if i get a new gun or something, and same with the throttle tanks, if i trade my NT will it work for say a PE gun?
Ive had the same empire tank with an 800psi output for ever basically so im kinda clueless
Old 02-15-2012, 10:44 AM #9
Rob @ Ninja PB

Rob @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Rob @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rob @ Ninja PB supports Team VICIOUS
Rob @ Ninja PB supports our troops
Quote:
ok i know size is personal preference, but does anyone know what pressure output is the "norm" for most guns? I dont want to buy a ninja and get screwed if i get a new gun or something, and same with the throttle tanks, if i trade my NT will it work for say a PE gun?
Ive had the same empire tank with an 800psi output for ever basically so im kinda clueless
Hey nodnarb, here's some info that might help you out if you're looking for a good size tank and need some info on our regulators and output pressures:

In order to find the right size tank for you, you have to consider how tall you are and how much air you need for your marker and which style of play you prefer. Here's a good way to tell if a tank is a good "length" for you. Screw your air system into your marker. Hold the marker by the grip in one hand and point the marker like youre going to shoot, with your arm stretch out straight. If the back of the tank reaches the inside of your elbow, that is generally a good size for you, ergonomically-speaking.

Also consider your style of play. If you play scenarios/big games, you might want a larger tank so you dont have to fill air as much. If you play tournaments, you might want the lightest possible setup that doesnt run out of air during your matches.

In regards to our regulators, you have 2 choices that will work on an NT. You can use our adjustable reg and remove 2 red shims to get the pressure down to about 500psi. The reg is fully adjustable out of the box without the need to buy a spring kit to change it. This means you can tailor or "optimize" your regs output pressure to your marker. Using optimal input pressures can sometimes produce less kick on a marker, less wear and tear on an hpr since its only regulating 500-550psi down instead of 800-850psi, sometimes you can also get more shots out of the tank but this depends on a lot on ball/bore match on your barrel, weather, etc).

Your other option is our SMP550, designed specifically for these markers:
NT
DM
Ego
Geo
Creed
Demon
Axe
Mini
and just about every other mid range or high end marker (except the G6r and Victory which are super low pressure markers). At 550psi, we found that pressure to be "optimal" for the NT. That means at 550psi, your marker should operate correctly no matter which board settings you use or which upgrades you decide to put on your marker.

I hope this information helps. If you have any other questions, feel free to shoot me a pm and i'll do my best to help
Certfied Hydro Test Facility - DOT RIN# G777
NINJA USERS CLUB
Rob @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:46 AM #10
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper_Cut View Post
Not true. If a store owner has the chance to sell a player a tank and all it takes is to screw it into a marker to see if its a good length, I will guarantee the owner will let you do it every time. In fact, this is how most store owners sell tanks...by letting players screw them into their markers to see which size is the best fit for them. they wont let you air it up and dry fire the marker but you can definitely screw it in and shoulder the marker to see if you like the tank.
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 02-15-2012, 03:20 PM #11
Nodnarb Hcsob

That does help alot, thanks man
Old 02-15-2012, 04:23 PM #12
Rob @ Ninja PB

Quote:
That does help alot, thanks man
no prob. Good luck!!
NINJA USERS CLUB
Old 02-15-2012, 10:49 PM #13
nerdcore
Radical!

has been a member for 10 years
nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
As much as i love dye guns, i've got no love for dye tanks. The regs on the Throttles were often infamous for poor recharge from what i understood (compared to other tank regs), heavy in comparison, and i've heard little to nothing of them for years.

Stick with Ninja, Crossfire, Pure Energy, Guerrilla, Ninja, or Ninja.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:58 PM #14
Mocking Da Bird
Rental

Mocking Da Bird is playing at Living Legends V
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Stick with Ninja or Guerrilla. Either way, you're getting the best buck for your bang......wait.
Mocking Da Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:07 AM #15
i_bunker_u
Train Wreck

i_bunker_u plays in the PSP
i_bunker_u owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i_bunker_u plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob @ Ninja PB View Post
Not true. If a store owner has the chance to sell a player a tank and all it takes is to screw it into a marker to see if its a good length, I will guarantee the owner will let you do it every time. In fact, this is how most store owners sell tanks...by letting players screw them into their markers to see which size is the best fit for them. they wont let you air it up and dry fire the marker but you can definitely screw it in and shoulder the marker to see if you like the tank.
ive worked at a pro shop and never saw a problem with this
i_bunker_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:06 PM #16
Kbug
O.M.G.

Kbug owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kbug supports Team VICIOUS
Kbug has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Kbug supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocking Da Bird View Post
Stick with Ninja or Guerrilla. Either way, you're getting the best buck for your bang......wait.
I wouldn't get a guerrilla tank, they are overpriced. The ninja tanks are definitally good tanks though

Kbug is offline   Reply With Quote