Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-03-2012, 04:56 PM #1
Nico eV

Question Just bought a gun off craigslist. **Help**

I just bought this gun off of craigslist for $80. Its a 06 Sft Shocker with a Empire Magna hopper, Bunker hill grips, and a virtue board. I think it was an excellent deal but i want your guys opinion on whether you think it was a good deal or not. There is obviously some anno wear from play, but i ran some co2 through it yesterday and it shot like a beast. I stopped using my co2 cause i heard its only supposed to run on HPA. The only problem i have is i have no idea how to work the programming mode on the virtue board. It lights up like 8 different colors, some of them flashing, i have no idea what that means. I ordered a 48ci 3000psi hpa tank off amazon for $40 and a Empire 09 Bottle glove online as well. I think i got a pretty good setup going, once i know how to operate the gun. Let me know what you guys think of the gun/setup and if you could let me know how to work the programming mode and whether or not the empire 45ci bottle glove will fit my 48ci tank. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks

Nico eV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2012, 05:11 PM #2
Playstation5
THE Ohio State University

Playstation5 plays in the PSP
Playstation5 is an NCPA player
Playstation5 plays in the APPA D3 division
I agree, great deal but it's either stolen or you bought it from a crackhead.. Or both
Old 01-03-2012, 05:12 PM #3
Nico eV

The manual says you can use HPA or Co2. i looked it up online. But i heard co2 is bad for it so i stopped. And the kid was too nerdy to have the guts to steal this gun. He was like 12, so i'll consider it a steal for me, and try to get the programming figured out.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:12 PM #4
Dac152
"I'm not running." - Gene

Dac152 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dac152 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Looks like a good deal to me.
You can call virtue and they should be able to field any questions you have about the board and have free lifetime updates.
BUY MY LNIB VICIOUS JERSEY ^^^
http://www.pbnation.com/member.php?u=406306
Dac152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:14 PM #5
Nico eV

@Dac alright thanks.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:18 PM #6
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico eV View Post
The manual says you can use HPA or Co2. i looked it up online.
no it doesn't and no you didn't. if you had read the manual you would know that you can get away with using an anti-siphoned co2 tank. can it work? yeah. should you run co2 through any electro pneumatic marker? no, never. always use air. it'd be the same exact thing as buying a ferrari and running regular gas in it. sure, it will run and operate, but at a cost of heavily decreased performance and the big question is how long will it go until catastrophic failure occurs? you're actually VERY lucky that you didn't completely trash the gun doing that. your co2 tank must have been nearly empty or it must be a very hot day where you live.

so, go read the manual.

and don't be so naive about thinking it couldn't be stolen. i've known some bad-*** 12 year olds that do things that are downright unbelievable. hell, when i was 12 we used to b&e into people's homes. or someone could have stolen it and had his 12 year old brother/cousin/friend/whatever sell it for him, so not to look suspicious. that gun is throwing up red flags all over the place. better find out now than find out when someone's breaking your teeth and you're being thrown in jail for it.

Last edited by Milky Spore : 01-03-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Milky Spore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:19 PM #7
gamer565
Read the manual!!

Annual Supporting Member
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VI
gamer565 is playing at Living Legends VII
gamer565 posts videos on PbNation
gamer565 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
gamer565 has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
gamer565 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
gamer565 is Boss
There is also a manual for the board, that goes over everything you need to know about it. Feel fee to download and read that as well.

gamer565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:20 PM #8
Nico eV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Spore View Post
no it doesn't and no you didn't. if you had read the manual you would know that you can get away with using an anti-siphoned co2 tank. can it work? yeah. should you run co2 through any electro pneumatic marker? no, never. always use air. it'd be the same exact thing as buying a ferrari and running regular gas in it. sure, it will run and operate, but at a cost of heavily decreased performance and the big question is how long will it go until catastrophic failure occurs?

so, go read the manual.
I ran 3 balls through it. You really think it was that big of a deal?
Old 01-03-2012, 05:23 PM #9
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico eV View Post
I ran 3 balls through it. You really think it was that big of a deal?
yeah. i've seen people gas up EP markers with co2 and completely ruin them. not even having a chance to fire a single shot. all it takes is some of the liquid co2 to make it past the reg, which isn't hard to do at all, then your solenoid is completely trashed and probably all the seals in the gun will go with it too.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:25 PM #10
- Ecstasy -
Free Boosie

STEAL!!!
God damn, that is a nice deal. but don't run co2 through it.

and Milky, it isn't that big of a deal. Co2 won't destroy it with a few balls. Considering my friend was using Co2 with his Shocker for over a year.
- Ecstasy - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:38 PM #11
aggballer93
WOLF

Annual Supporting Member
aggballer93 is BST Legit
aggballer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
aggballer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aggballer93 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
aggballer93 supports Team VICIOUS
aggballer93 supports Team VICIOUS
aggballer93 is Legendary
yo millky why dont you leave the kid alone he didnt ask for a debate or anything he knows now not to run it on CO2 ....You didnt buy the Gun he did he made a mistake by running it on Co2 ....

But Hey man Great steal ..Just remember dont run that gun off co2 but an amazing deal
Old 01-03-2012, 05:41 PM #12
Milky Spore
i be illin'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Ecstasy - View Post
STEAL!!!
God damn, that is a nice deal. but don't run co2 through it.

and Milky, it isn't that big of a deal. Co2 won't destroy it with a few balls. Considering my friend was using Co2 with his Shocker for over a year.
i'm simply trying to drill home to him so he can get the most enjoyment out of his new gun. it'd be a damn shame to see him destroy it. i've seen people wreck their EP guns before by simply screwing on a co2 tank. certain precautions need to be taken to use co2 safely on an EP marker.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 PM #13
Nico eV

Oh & why would i lie about the price? I have no one to impress here nor any reason to try to make it look too good to be true. I simply bought the gun, and want input from people who know more about this stuff then i do. Simple as that. The kid took $80 cause he wanted to buy Skyrim and had no use for the gun.
Old 01-03-2012, 05:48 PM #14
paintballoliver

paintballoliver plays in the PSP
paintballoliver is playing at Living Legends VI
paintballoliver plays in the APPA D4 division
paintballoliver has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
As others have said, it is a great deal. It is a good thing that you know not to use CO2 on it now. Other than that the only thing else I could suggest you get if you do not already have one is a pod pack and pods.
And Micky, who gives a s**t that he puts CO2 in HIS gun, how does that effect your life at all. If his gun breaks will it cause the world to come crashing down?
Old 01-03-2012, 06:10 PM #15
- Ecstasy -
Free Boosie

I do want that Shocker though.
- Ecstasy - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 06:11 PM #16
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title

BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
QFT^^^

a red dynasty waffle for 80? goddamn the body alone will fetch that haha
Old 01-03-2012, 07:56 PM #17
Headshotted
www.icd-owners.com

Headshotted has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I would have gone with a Luxfer tank, personally. Those tend to be lighter, and although shocker's aren't the biggest air hogs in the world, it never hurts to have a 68/45 or even a 50/45 over a 48/3k. You'll find that out for yourself soon enough just by weight alone that it gets annoying carrying a steelie tank. Now. Onto the shocker itself - Did you get a deal? Yes, that was an excellent price for ANY shocker package. SFT's go for around that price, maybe more depending on what model of SFT that is, and that being a Dynasty Waffle is one of the more elusive of them. Magna's are solid loaders, I personally don't know much about them, they came around about the time I quit playing.

Yes, Co2 is TERRIBLE for most EP markers. Are there ones that actually do survive off of it? Yes, OLDSCHOOL shoebox shockers ran off of massive, I mean abso-freakin-loutely massive air tanks (think 114/4500 PSI) or a solid 20oz of antisiphoned Co2. Hell, with the right regulators (Dual Palmers Rocks and a Remote Line) You could run Co2 through that bad boy all day with no ill effects aside from having to turn down your total BPS to a lower setting, or capping the gun - Just because you have all those precautions doesn't mean somehow under a high rate of fire when it's cold, or warm, it won't freeze up on you, either destroying the solenoids, or just causing havoc everywhere. However, at that price for the regulator and setups it becomes more than the gun was originally worth to start with.

Enjoy your gun. I suggest you do a LOT more research before you just jump into it and buy something on craigslist, but hey, that's me, I'm no longer a risk taker after what I went through fixing my Ebay'ed intimidator and my buddies craigslisted freestyle.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:49 PM #18
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

its not a waffle this is a waffle body:

note the squares along the bottom, like a waffle.

nice dynasty sft. that was a steal for $80 even with the anno wear. (its common on the sft shockers due to the grade of aluminum they used. its a stronger metal but it doesnt hold anno as well)

yes you can find the virtue board from their online website. once you know what the colors mean they are pretty simple to adjust.

definately do not play with co2 in it. gassing it up and just shooting it a couple times is fine though. the problem with co2 is it is always expanding from a liquid to a gas, and as you fire it can draw the liquid co2 up past the regulator. not only can this damage the seals in the reg but once the liquid co2 passes the reg theres nothing to keep it from expanding into a gas at 1800 psi and going into the solenoid which is only rated for about 300psi...= pop.

also im going to back milky up, hes just trying to make him aware of the issues with running co2 into one of these guns. hes not trying to be a dick, hes just stating the blunt truth. he got a great deal on a great gun that will let him play ANY level of paintball competively, id hate to see him ruin it unkowingly and its our job here in the newbie section to help them out and make sure that doesnt happen. we want to people to have as much fun playing paintball as possible, not waiting on replacement parts. pretty sure he frequents the shocker section here and has owned a few of them. i have a shocker as well, they are still my favorite spoolie. simple design, less o-rings to worry about than a dm, just as light and compact as 2012 guns which is pretty cool because sft's came out in 03.

Last edited by Rebel_816 : 01-03-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 PM #19
Nico eV

Im doing research now on how to program it, it says something about counting chirps. I think i have the 06 model, and im not sure if the gun is supposed to chirp or not. Mine doesn't. It just flashes green twice when i turn it on, and if i pull the trigger and turn it on, it enters programming mode.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:52 PM #20
R3L
CCM is not a verb

No chirps on the Virtue board. There are at least two versions of the Virtue board, which confused me for a long time:

Virtue: http://home.advantagepb.com/manuals/...ockernerve.pdf
Virtue Redefined: http://www.virtuepb.com/Redefined-web.pdf

Redefined boards have more modes and display more colors (yellow, white, teal.) So get in programming mode and see what colors show.

R3L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 PM #21
Nico eV

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3L View Post
No chirps on the Virtue board. There are at least two versions of the Virtue board, which confused me for a long time:

Virtue: http://home.advantagepb.com/manuals/...ockernerve.pdf
Virtue Redefined: http://www.virtuepb.com/Redefined-web.pdf

Redefined boards have more modes and display more colors (yellow, white, teal.) So get in programming mode and see what colors show.
Most helpful comment yet. Thanks