PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-02-2012, 08:58 PM #1
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

advice on possible scam

This is not a report of being scammed, but a request for advice on the matter.

I traded a pair of snowboard boots to a guy in trade for a fasta hopper (with crown), the postal service lagged a few days after Xmas, it arrived on the 4 days late, which was usps' fault. It's been a week the guy has had the boots, but he has not made a good faith effort to ship the loader. He now is saying that the boots are in bad condition, which I know they were not. I had sent him a picture before we agreed on the trade and he accepted.

Now the hints I am being scammed...
He originally said he was out of town with family, which I know it was the holiday.
Then a few days passed and nothing. Then it was the loader was at a friends house who he had leant it to.
I checked his feedback, and it seems mostly legit.

these things happen, I accept that, but he doesn't regularly respond to my pms, even when logged in. It's been a while since I dealt with pbnation and bst, but I make it a point to reply within an hour max to a message when I am in a deal.

I just want to know if I should wait and see if he is going to get the hopper from his friend and ship it to me, or start looking into local authorities and his local laws...

I just have this gut feeling that his friend will "accidentally" lose or break the hopper or something else.

Please advise.
Thank you,
Roach
p8ntballer_Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2012, 10:23 PM #2
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD is a Mega Moderator
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD donated to help Peyton Trent
USAFWD supports our troops
USAFWD supports DLX Technology
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
Give him a call and talk to him.
USAFWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:01 PM #3
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

It has now been over 2 months. The kid refuses to give me a phone number to call him.. He gives me excuse after excuse for why he cant ship the loader this week. I would like to leave feedback, but i clicked on the link in the thread, but it comes back saying that I "must be buying, selling or trading" to leave feedback...

Also, I tried downloading my inbox messages (sent and received) to all of the formats listed, but the files all download to 0kb. I need to download our correspondence so that when I contact the kids local police department, I can give them the messages to show that he indeed has my property.

How can I leave feedback for the user, and is there an alternate method of downloading my messages?

Thank you.
Why I have 1 negative feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post74540260
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 PM #4
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
What is his pbn name?

When saving your PMs are you clicking on the "Download all Private Messages as:" links at the bottom right of your PM inbox? There are three options for which format to save them as.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:38 PM #5
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

DBSK_PB_Team
Why I have 1 negative feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post74540260
Old 02-16-2012, 10:57 PM #6
USAFWD
Privates Investigator

Annual Supporting Member
USAFWD plays in the PSP
USAFWD is All In
USAFWD is All In
Is this the thread you were trying to leave feedback from? http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3722278

That is his WTB thread for snowboard gear. I have opened the thread, and all you need to do is post in it and then you can leave feedback. I have also closed his BST threads and sent him a PM asking to explain.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:10 PM #7
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

He has not responded to me since monday, when he claimed he went to the post office but could't send due to it being a holiday. His inbox is full since I sent him a message last night.

I am being mighty patient with this kid... But my options are limited... Cant really drive put there to pick it up myself.. lol.. I doubt I could use PTO for that...
Old 02-24-2012, 03:28 PM #8
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

Admins, is it okay for me to start a theft thread for this? I found a thread from another user against dbskpbteam, and feel that his issue was resolved faster when it was out in the open.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:45 PM #9
Whiteyboy

Annual Supporting Member
Whiteyboy is a Moderator
Whiteyboy donated to help Peyton Trent
Whiteyboy is playing at Living Legends V
Whiteyboy supports Bob Gurnsey
Whiteyboy supports our troops
You can create a thread in the Theft Report section. Just make sure you read and follow that forum rules. Good luck with getting this resolved.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:53 AM #10
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

This thread can be closed. Theft report was started, and within a few days he shipped. Currently fighting retaliation negative feedback he left me.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 PM #11
p8ntballer_Roach
member of team SFWW

Can a mod please contact me? I am getting harassed by this kid still. He asks me to remove my negative feedback.