Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-26-2014, 11:18 AM #1
tarrguy57

tarrguy57 is an NCPA player
tarrguy57 plays in the APPA beginner division
tarrguy57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Tippmann A5 WAS board issue

Received an A5 egrip with the push button turn on WAS board. I have it programmed for Autoresponse/ramping (can't remember what the manual said it was) and if I shoot single shots slowly (most likely less than 4-5bps) it shoots just fine. If I try shooting faster than that it will continue to shoot after I have released the trigger. It will only stop if I pull and hold the trigger down. Tippmann says they don't carry this board anymore so they won't fix it but offered me a special discount on a H.E. selector switch e-grip. Don't want to spend money on a new grip or board. Any way to fix this one?
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
tarrguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-26-2014, 03:57 PM #2
AlmightyRuler
Vigilante English Teacher

I realize you said you have to hold the trigger to stop it. But if you just let it go how many more shots does it make? Two? Three? Ten? If it's running away you have to do some adjusting. What kind of return does your trigger have?

Some Invaluable Words of Wisdom:
A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.
-Ecclesiastes 10:2
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Sir Winston Churchill
"Lousy Democrats."-Homer J. Simpson
AlmightyRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:25 PM #3
tarrguy57

It will continue to fire till I pull the trigger and hold it. Forgot to mention that it does this even without air so it doesn't have anything to do with trigger bounce or anything like that.
Paintball changed for me twice in my life, when a close friend introduced me to pump play and cockers and when I went from woodsball with Tippmanns to tournament ball with my Bob Long Rapper and AKA Viking on the UW-Stout Team. I'm a better player thanks to both occurrences.

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
Old 09-27-2014, 08:05 PM #4
AlmightyRuler

What about the return? Is your trigger sticking? Is it all clean?

A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man's heart directs him toward the left.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”
-Sir Winston Churchill
Old 09-27-2014, 10:23 PM #5
tarrguy57

It is 100% a board issue. You can make it do this in your hand with just the board and noid

Gearbag Sale

OpsGear Sniper A5 FS/T
Old 09-27-2014, 11:59 PM #6
AlmightyRuler

Is your microswitch in good shape?

-Sir Winston Churchill