PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-02-2012, 03:11 AM #1
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
Talking im going to be making some invasion videos (need ideas)

as im sure you are aware, jack has a very good set of videos out on the performance of the independence and sweep bolt system. however, i have not seen any performance reviews on the invasion yet so im going to make a couple of videos when my shop gets our first set of guns in.

so far what i have heard from non alien fans is that the videos jack has up are inconclusive (what the heck?) ive heard "he didnt chronograph the gun after every switch" and "the video didnt show the gun while it was shooting." so i plan on doing both of those plus what jack has already done in his set with the independence.

i think that a third party doing the videos may help simply because i dont work for jack, i just love his guns. and seeing as im not on the payroll, im not as biased to the other viewers.

my question to you is what do you think needs to be in the video to make it most effective? the point is to show off the invasion and its use of the sweep system so what would you like to see? i have a barrel camera that shoots 720p at 60 fps or 1080p at 30 so barrel shots can be added to any shooting footage.

my current plan is to take the invasion, clamp it down and switch bolts back and forth just as jack does for the indy. take chrono readings every time i switch bolts or paint and keep it at a solid 300 the whole time. i have half a box of dxs gold that will shoot wonderfully with the 691 barrel the gun comes with and shoot at a target 125 feet away. i will be doing this with the barrel camera on the top of the barrel and with someone filming the actual shots from behind me. should only take 2 or 3 minuts from start to finish.

if i start with a full 4500 lbs fill, should i keep shooting untill the tank is empty to show how many shots it gets or leave that for another video? i noticed that when mike cramer did his review of the 09 indy he only had 4k in his tank and acted as though the gun got "alright" efficiency.

i plan to post the videos here, on the alien army facebook page and wherever else i can fit it in, maybe even on my companies invasion item page if the boss allows it.

@jack. what would you like to see? what would you like to be said that hasnt already been said?
griffan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-02-2012, 05:13 AM #2
GM2viking
Copaani mirshmure'cye vod

Annual Supporting Member
GM2viking is BST Trusted
GM2viking supports Cereal Killerz 2
GM2viking is playing at Living Legends V
GM2viking owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GM2viking has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
GM2viking has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Make sure the paint is a "perfect match" for the barrel. Under or over-boring negate the effect of the Sweep system. Get THAT down, and find someone with a high speed camera so you can actually capture the backspin of the paint.
Find some way to make certain the haters can't say you weren't using the same bolt for all the slo-mo shots, and that could make for some good evidence the sweep bolt works the way it says... AND everything is cooler in slow motion.
Black/Blue Bob Long G6R
"Lava" Etek 3 LT
GM2viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 02:13 PM #3
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
make sure u have a tool to measure the angle of the barrel and take a measurement every time before you start shooting just so people cant say u changed the angle
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:59 PM #4
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM2viking View Post
Make sure the paint is a "perfect match" for the barrel. Under or over-boring negate the effect of the Sweep system. Get THAT down, and find someone with a high speed camera so you can actually capture the backspin of the paint.
Find some way to make certain the haters can't say you weren't using the same bolt for all the slo-mo shots, and that could make for some good evidence the sweep bolt works the way it says... AND everything is cooler in slow motion.
if im not mistaken, to get the sweep to work correctly you need to over bore by a decent amount, not a lot but a decent amount. if the ball touches any more than the top half of the barrel on the way out itl cause the spin to stop. ive been shooting gold out of my .93 shaft 4 kit and i can hear the wizzing of the ball when it flies out .

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1ryan1l View Post
make sure u have a tool to measure the angle of the barrel and take a measurement every time before you start shooting just so people cant say u changed the angle
i just need to rig up a level under the barrel for that, shouldn't be hard at all. another reason i could do that is if i wanted to clamp in my ego 11 to show the same angel with the same barrel on it as a comparison.

Last edited by griffan2 : 01-02-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:04 PM #5
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan2 View Post
if im not mistaken, to get the sweep to work correctly you need to over bore by a decent amount, not a lot but a decent amount. if the ball touches any more than the top half of the barrel on the way out itl cause the spin to stop. ive been shooting gold out of my .93 shaft 4 kit and i can hear the wizzing of the ball when it flies out .

i just need to rig up a level under the barrel for that, shouldn't be hard at all. another reason i could do that is if i wanted to clamp in my ego 11 to show the same angel with the same barrel on it as a comparison.
also use the same, exact barrel on each marker... like take it off the indy, and use it ont he ego
Old 01-02-2012, 07:12 PM #6
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
yep yep. just unscrew it from the gun and pop it on lol. ill use the shaft 4 with whatever back works best with the sweep. when i put it on the ego it will give alien the advantage because other guns need the paint bored more precisely than alien but if i switch theyl complain lol. obviously chrono the ego as well at this point. i wish i had a decimeter.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:27 PM #7
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffan2 View Post
yep yep. just unscrew it from the gun and pop it on lol. ill use the shaft 4 with whatever back works best with the sweep. when i put it on the ego it will give alien the advantage because other guns need the paint bored more precisely than alien but if i switch theyl complain lol. obviously chrono the ego as well at this point. i wish i had a decimeter.
decimeter = 1/10 of a meter haha

also used the same vice on the markers or people will say the targets are angled or one's higher than the other etc... also use the same paint from the same case and dont put it in pods.. open the case and take the paint right now
Old 01-02-2012, 11:31 PM #8
griffan2
Parabolic Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
griffan2 is Legendary
haha well i want something to measure sound yeah, itl be pretty quick, half hopper with the alien, move barrel, hopper and tank over to ego, clamp it down, measure barrel and away we go. thatl be the 2nd vid, i want the first to be just he invasion and later ones for the vs testing.