PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-25-2012, 09:55 AM #85
xxinvision

xxinvision plays in the PSP
xxinvision plays in the APPA D3 division
Ive been hearing some pretty bad things about this movie.....change my mind pbn.
White Rotor FS
OG Dynasty Ollie Lang Jersey FS
xxinvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:26 PM #86
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxinvision View Post
Ive been hearing some pretty bad things about this movie.....change my mind pbn.
Read the previous page.

I want to see this but may just wait for it to come out on DVD. Recently I've been seeing movies come out within just 2 or 3 months after being in theatres.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:50 PM #87
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_scott View Post
Kinda want to watch this, but not in a theater. Can't imagine the ******* crowds that go to this ****. Maybe I'll wait a few weeks and catch a matinee on a wednesday I don't have to work.
I went to an 11:30 showing, last one of the night, and there was maybe 15 people max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxinvision View Post
The reviews that said bad things were expecting something that everyone knew wasn't going to happen. The reviewers wanted amazing acting to go along with the movie, which from the beginning wasn't in the schedule.

The bad for me was that the characters didn't have much depth other than the main with his family. Of all of them, the Senior was the coolest. Especially during the interrogation with the bad guy.

Some of the action scenes got a bit confusing. I couldn't tell at the end which guy it was, the LT or the Chief.

The wazoo technology computer screens were pretty cheesy though. All the beeps and fancy effects weren't needed. If they had simple briefings it would have been better.

What I did want to see, and was delivered, were real SEALs using real tactics without any James Bond type stuff. The plot was pretty good honestly, it was realistic. None of the actor main characters took too much away from the SEALs. The action was good and the explosions weren't over the top. The SWCC scene was bad *** ****.

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:17 PM #88
puckswontpassme

puckswontpassme supports our troops
puckswontpassme is an NCPA player
puckswontpassme plays in the APPA D4 division
"crisco"
puckswontpassme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:19 PM #89
DyePaintballer2k11
Greek, I am it

DyePaintballer2k11 helped look for balloons
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
DyePaintballer2k11 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Lul.

Mikey: ....
Mikey: ...WHAT THE ****

USAF
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.
And the machine is bleeding to death.
DyePaintballer2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:03 PM #90
InverT
Product of the 717

Annual Supporting Member
InverT plays in the PSP
InverT supports Team VICIOUS
InverT plays in the APPA D4 division
InverT supports DLX Technology
InverT owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo_117 View Post
Yes, because Call of Duty accurately portrays warfare and gains my acceptance of our countries military actions.

I'm all for watching people get shot and seeing **** blow up. Navy Seals is on my top shelf. But when it comes down to making a drama piece out of covert operations and conveying their lives and actions as some kind of patriotic embrace to the motherland, it brings nothing more than a foul taste to my mouth.

The entire movie began as a ****ing recruitment video for the Navy. Are you really going to support that?
Ok, I was going to attack you and say things to insult your intellect, but I have decided otherwise. Instead, I will say this. You speak as if the military has harmed you in some way. As if the people who volunteer their lives to the service of this country somehow make your life incredibly hard to live.

What you don't understand is that with your words, you are actually supporting the military and everything they do by speaking your mind without fear of repercussion. Everyday, you wake up and consciously make a decision on what you are going to do that very moment, and no one tells you otherwise. All you are doing is reinforcing that we (myself and my brothers and sisters in arms) are doing our job and protecting you and your rights.

You may or may not believe that what we do is necessary, but in order for our country to remain the strongest force on this planet we must continue to reach out to those who want to risk everything to protect their fellow countrymen.

I'm sure you will have some anti-war, "we don't belong there" response and that is fine. However, remember that the way you live is made possible by the 1% of the country that wants to fight for the liberties our country was founded on.

Would you really prefer the alternatives?

BNIB Pink Floyd Geo3 F/S
Paintball Adventure Park
.:RIP Team Eminence:.
USAF 2W1
InverT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:28 PM #91
Carson19
FreeAgent

Quote:
Originally Posted by InverT View Post
Ok, I was going to attack you and say things to insult your intellect, but I have decided otherwise. Instead, I will say this. You speak as if the military has harmed you in some way. As if the people who volunteer their lives to the service of this country somehow make your life incredibly hard to live.

What you don't understand is that with your words, you are actually supporting the military and everything they do by speaking your mind without fear of repercussion. Everyday, you wake up and consciously make a decision on what you are going to do that very moment, and no one tells you otherwise. All you are doing is reinforcing that we (myself and my brothers and sisters in arms) are doing our job and protecting you and your rights.

You may or may not believe that what we do is necessary, but in order for our country to remain the strongest force on this planet we must continue to reach out to those who want to risk everything to protect their fellow countrymen.

I'm sure you will have some anti-war, "we don't belong there" response and that is fine. However, remember that the way you live is made possible by the 1% of the country that wants to fight for the liberties our country was founded on.

Well put.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:05 PM #92
BodyCount81
Jerrah

BodyCount81 supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:

I applaud you for this post.

Also, thanks for your service.

"It's mine."
BodyCount81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 PM #93
puckswontpassme

puckswontpassme supports our troops
puckswontpassme is an NCPA player
puckswontpassme plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

thank you
puckswontpassme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:31 PM #94
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Quote:

Great post and thank you for your service
Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 AM #95
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Watched it. It's pretty terrible. Unless you're a hardcore military nerd, don't bother. Watch something like Ghost Rider, which I haven't seen, and imagine is just as bad, but at least it's not as preachy.

That being said, I AM a military nerd, and the actual missions were pretty cool and seemed authentic. If they would have just showed those, without all of the heavy handed slo-mo and music put in to build drama, I would have liked the movie more for it. Also, the LT's death scene was especially hacky and I almost laughed out loud when it happened. (If anyone gets on me for spoilers over that, just stop. They telegraphed that it was going to happen from the very beginning.)

Last edited by big_scott : 02-27-2012 at 12:03 AM.
big_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:53 AM #96
pballin77
Oatmeal makes you healthy

pballin77 helped look for balloons
pballin77 is playing at Living Legends III
pballin77 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pballin77 supports Team VICIOUS
I don't know how you can say this movie was bad. I thought it was ****ing awesome.
ASM Council
ST: Music: Guitar thread: OG
pballin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:53 AM #97
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by pballin77
I don't know how you can say this movie was bad. I thought it was ****ing awesome.
Maybe because it doesn't even succeed at doing what it sets out to do, and that is to pull at your heart strings and get you to fall in love with the men and women who serve. Hell, I have the utmost respect for those in the armed forces, but everything about this screams that people learned everything they know about narrative and making movies from skimming the chapter titles in a book about how to make movies.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:54 AM #98
clintstylez
King Dingaling

clintstylez owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Also, the LT's death scene was especially hacky and I almost laughed out loud when it happened.
Really? Hacky?

Michael A. Monsoor
Jason Dunham
Ross A. McGinnis

I doubt the families of these warriors, or then men they saved consider their sacrifice hacky.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:18 AM #99
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by clintstylez

Really? Hacky?

Michael A. Monsoor
Jason Dunham
Ross A. McGinnis

I doubt the families of these warriors, or then men they saved consider their sacrifice hacky.
Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
I'm also sure that when they sacrificed their lives, there was a camera that held on the grenade for what seemed like an eternity before they yelled grenade in slow motion and then dive on it.

Jesus, can there be moratorium on people immediately thinking anybody who has bad things to say about this movie hate the troops?

edit: spoiler tags because I don't want to give away exactly how the guy dies. Just know that it is dumb. In the way it is filmed not the actual death itself .

Last edited by big_scott : 02-27-2012 at 07:34 AM.
big_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:19 AM #100
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Maybe because it doesn't even succeed at doing what it sets out to do, and that is to pull at your heart strings and get you to fall in love with the men and women who serve. Hell, I have the utmost respect for those in the armed forces, but everything about this screams that people learned everything they know about narrative and making movies from skimming the chapter titles in a book about how to make movies.
Hmmm... seems to pull on a target audience's heart strings pretty well. Maybe you just aren't the target?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 AM #101
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Hmmm... seems to pull on a target audience's heart strings pretty well. Maybe you just aren't the target?
Is the target audience people who think that bad movies are good just because they play sad music to make a scene feel like it has more impact than the writers and director knew how to pull out of it? Yea, I'm not that.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM #102
r00shine
Oh Hi There

Annual Supporting Member
r00shine is attending Decay of Nations VI
r00shine supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyePaintballer2k11 View Post
Lul.

Mikey: ...WHAT THE ****
Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 PM #103
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
I really want to see this - but it's not even coming out in New Zealand from what I can tell. Comes out in Australia on the 3rd of May... 2 months away?!

Far out movie industry, for someone who hates pirates you're doing a good job of giving them reasons to do it.

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 AM #104
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Is the target audience people who think that bad movies are good just because they play sad music to make a scene feel like it has more impact than the writers and director knew how to pull out of it? Yea, I'm not that.
Maybe the target audience is people similar to me. See my signature. Sit down.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:44 AM #105
iRoNiQ

The acting was terrible, the movie itself was good.
iRoNiQ is offline   Reply With Quote