Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 06:58 PM #1387
tech506

first let me say what a great resource this thread is - thanks to all for sharing their knowledge

i have an 09 Ego (all stock except a vicious trigger) that i have decided to use for a custom project; unfortunately, the solenoid wires broke off right at the pilot valve - not to worry, my local show hooked me up with a new solenoid.

1) is it possible to re-wire the pilot valve? can it be disassembled? i don't really need it (since i have a new 'noid), just curious if it can be done - and it wouldn't hurt to have a spare;

2) for my project, i'll be using an aftermarket/custom board and want to be able to connect it to the stock eye harness and solenoid wires - where can i find these connectors? and is there a specific model/part number? any special tools needed to install the wire leads into the connectors?

3) since the marker is completely disassembled, i thought it might be prudent to install a LP valve, but am having difficulty finding info on how it works (i like to know how things work) - how is this valve different from the stock one, and do i need any additional upgrades or adjustments to make it perform properly?

thanks for the help!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2013, 06:26 PM #1388
wt99

wt99 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Qev

QEV Diaphragm for EGO7, SL74, EGO8 and ETEK Star. Found this one at paintball showcase. But i need one for 06 Ego. Wont work?

wildthang
Captain
Chilton County Predators
Clanton AL
est.1999
Old 02-02-2013, 06:31 PM #1389
RollinThunder

RollinThunder owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RollinThunder has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Can someone tell me real quickly if a 07 Ego Tadao Board will fit an SL94? And im just guessing its the software thats different? A buddy's sl board fried but he is thinking of buying a 07 board and wanted to make sure. Thanks
Old 02-02-2013, 07:30 PM #1390
I'm_Addicted
snowman FTW

I'm_Addicted owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
The solenoid on my ego7 has stopped clicking. I'll try replacing the battery, but after that I think it would be time to replace it.. Any insight to this?
Old 02-04-2013, 10:00 PM #1391
joker12187
Axis

joker12187 plays in the PSP
joker12187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
joker12187 plays in the APPA D4 division
i started having a leak yesterday (sunday) at practice...(i cleaned it the day before, saturday)but anyways...i took out the rammer and cleaned it...it still leaked it a little bit, but you could barely hear it. but i take it out today to clean it. broke it down and everything...put it together, and its leaking..i narrow it down to the back of the gun. somewhere in the rammer-qev diaphram. i took out the qev's and checked them (they have both been replaced within the last 4 months...also did a full oring rebuild at the same time..in november i believe.) i replaced the rammer cap oring (outide) thinking it may be that...no...the qev diaphrams are good...i dont know what it could be

2013 Axis Red MiLP D5 3rd Place Overall
2013 Downfall World Cup D5 7th Place
2014 Axis MiLP D4

WTT Deadlywind 12in Carbon Fibur w/ full freak kit for a .688 Dye CF Boomy Back - PM if interested!

middletennesseepaintball.com
Old 02-06-2013, 06:22 PM #1392
Kevinorta

Kevinorta owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I completely cleaned my ego 11 and it is still shooting inaccurate. When it shoots, the balls sometimes curve to the sides. I cleaned my eyes, detents, bolt, rammer, Regulator, lpr, literally everything but i can't seem to get it shooting how it was shooting when i first got it. How can i fix this problem?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 PM #1393
joker12187
Axis

joker12187 plays in the PSP
joker12187 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
joker12187 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinorta View Post
I completely cleaned my ego 11 and it is still shooting inaccurate. When it shoots, the balls sometimes curve to the sides. I cleaned my eyes, detents, bolt, rammer, Regulator, lpr, literally everything but i can't seem to get it shooting how it was shooting when i first got it. How can i fix this problem?
try cleaning your paint, or picking better paint...if it has oil all in the bag, i would clean it before you use it (thats what i do and it seems to work a little better for me)

2013 Axis Red MiLP D5 3rd Place Overall
2013 Downfall World Cup D5 7th Place
2014 Axis MiLP D4

WTT Deadlywind 12in Carbon Fibur w/ full freak kit for a .688 Dye CF Boomy Back - PM if interested!

middletennesseepaintball.com
Old 02-06-2013, 08:23 PM #1394
Kevinorta

Kevinorta owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Ok man thank you
Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 PM #1395
Playstation5
THE Ohio State University

Playstation5 plays in the PSP
Playstation5 is an NCPA player
Playstation5 plays in the APPA D3 division
Hey Bill,

I have recently installed a dart kit in my ego 11 and am absolutely loving it. However, I don't think the efficiency is as high as the numbers a lot of other people are boasting. I'm getting roughly 9 pods and a hopper. I know to increase efficiency, that's a dwell issue but is it also a lpr adjustment as well? The gun is like +/- 3 max and shoots so smooth, so will I be sacrificing those awesome traits if I increase my efficiency?

Here are my settings:
Solenoid: 3/7
Dwell: stock
LPR: a little under 2 turns in from flush

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Playstation5 : 02-06-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:59 PM #1396
dezz-nutz
i Get TrIgGeR HaPpY!

dezz-nutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dezz-nutz posts videos on PbNation
dezz-nutz has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Can anyone tell me if a ego 7 trigger will fit on a ego 8. I don't care for the stock trigger n wanna change it but can't find anything besides a ego7
Old 02-09-2013, 11:20 AM #1397
osi1988ris

geo 3 propt shaft

my propt shaft doesnt un screw on the tip, does you guns propt shaft unscrew at the tip
Old 02-09-2013, 09:48 PM #1398
Dizzy1127

Dizzy1127 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Hey Bill,

I have a Guerilla 45/4500 tank with a CP (v2) reg. The POPS asa has a hard time engaging the tank. I screw on the tank with the POPS on, and i can degas easily, but cant reengage and gas up. Any suggestions other than getting a new reg? Perhaps an extender?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 PM #1399
riceskyking

08 ego scratching bolt

Hey there. I just bought an 08 ego from a friend. Everything works fine, but i noticed that the stock bolt has scratches on the top and bottom. I bought a Kush bolt from TechT and when i tried to insert it into my gun it was hard to do so. I had to give it a little push, but ended up scraping some material off the new Kush bolt. Is there something wrong with my gun?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:32 PM #1400
dbowman1970

Hey Bill, I am perplexed.

I have tried your suggestions from other posts so here it goes.
I have a 2005 Ego that will not consistently shoot above 241 fps (couple 260; some at 210)
Here is what I have done.
I changed the battery 2x with duracell and energizer (fresh)
Replaced all the orings everywhere.
Tried a new controller board
Made sure that the air flow through the rear hose (blew through it)
Lubed the rammer assembly with oil.
Changed the number 11 o-ring.
Verified that the regulator can produce 300 to 500 psi
Hoses were not crimped.
Solenoid had been punched with screws but there were no breaks in the wires.
Rear QEV new and tried Banjo nut fitting.
Increasing dwell just makes it sound funny.

The LPR does not have a cup for the Silver spring to fit into (one video showed one)??????
Could the solenoid be defective; would putting an Etek Universal work???

What could be left... the engineering is brilliant so it is really simple in design.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:49 AM #1401
xgreyfox

Annual Supporting Member
xgreyfox owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
xgreyfox owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
xgreyfox supports Team VICIOUS
xgreyfox supports Team VICIOUS
xgreyfox has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
xgreyfox has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ego 11 orings with dart kit

Okay so I'm going to ask this here as I did a quick search and didn't find a real answer other than regs and ram .....

I took apart my newly acquired 11 down to bare bones,
Greased every single oring -dart valve -everything.. the only thing that I didn't oil or grease is the solenoid.
The only thing I oiled was the rammer and the rammer cap oring, dart bolt is dry..
So I'm asking is the lp valve, torpedo, lpr inner body assembly supposed to be greased? Everyone has always said grease everything but the ram..

Also should seat (purge poppit) in the hpr be lubbed or dry
Old 02-13-2013, 03:31 PM #1402
O-Dog24

O-Dog24 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
O-Dog24 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
O-Dog24 supports Empire
frame

Hey Bill.

Have and 08 Ego frames for sale? buddy of mine bent his and thought I'd give you a try. Thanks

rockin' Dye Black 'n Lime DM14!

GAT Factory
Old 02-13-2013, 09:09 PM #1403
JeffersonLeal

JeffersonLeal plays in the APPA D5 division
Question Lock after few seconds

Hey Bill,

I have a EGO11, after today's game it started to lock. After I turn on takes a few seconds and locking. I've given a look at it, there's nothing strange. The battery is new, I tried with two different.

I made a video...

Last edited by JeffersonLeal : 02-13-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:58 AM #1404
darkburner

darkburner owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
06 ego solenoid

afternoon all, I have a 06 ego with a weak solenoid electromagnetic coil in the rear. Would tracking down another 06 o.e.m coil b worth my time? Perhaps a etek solenoid? Would a etek noid damage any output transistors on my board even though it works? I love my 06 and i will never ever part with it, this gun is my love i simply must fix it. I am also quite certain my noid is weak after poppin in a buddys 06 noid from a less played marker. thank u very much any help would b great. Long live planet eclipse!
Old 02-15-2013, 09:47 AM #1405
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech506 View Post
first let me say what a great resource this thread is - thanks to all for sharing their knowledge

i have an 09 Ego (all stock except a vicious trigger) that i have decided to use for a custom project; unfortunately, the solenoid wires broke off right at the pilot valve - not to worry, my local show hooked me up with a new solenoid.

1) is it possible to re-wire the pilot valve? can it be disassembled? i don't really need it (since i have a new 'noid), just curious if it can be done - and it wouldn't hurt to have a spare;

2) for my project, i'll be using an aftermarket/custom board and want to be able to connect it to the stock eye harness and solenoid wires - where can i find these connectors? and is there a specific model/part number? any special tools needed to install the wire leads into the connectors?

3) since the marker is completely disassembled, i thought it might be prudent to install a LP valve, but am having difficulty finding info on how it works (i like to know how things work) - how is this valve different from the stock one, and do i need any additional upgrades or adjustments to make it perform properly?

thanks for the help!
I have not tried to solder it but I do not see why not if you use a quality solder and have the contacts available.
I do not know which connection you would need. Someone stole my entire connection box I would recommend contacting nick.t@planeteclipse for that info.
The valve has a larger port thus giving higher flow. It is a drop in part.

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Old 02-15-2013, 09:48 AM #1406
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by wt99 View Post
QEV Diaphragm for EGO7, SL74, EGO8 and ETEK Star. Found this one at paintball showcase. But i need one for 06 Ego. Wont work?
The EGO7 diaphragm will work in an EGO5 QEV but becareful not to break the existing QEV. They are VERY scarce at the moment.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM #1407
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinThunder View Post
Can someone tell me real quickly if a 07 Ego Tadao Board will fit an SL94? And im just guessing its the software thats different? A buddy's sl board fried but he is thinking of buying a 07 board and wanted to make sure. Thanks
Never tried. The programming will work but unsure if the board will line up with trigger.

Closed Thread