Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 06:19 PM #1030
mvaldez1783
 
 
mvaldez1783's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
mvaldez1783 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
mvaldez1783 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
mvaldez1783 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
mvaldez1783 plays in the APPA beginner division
What is the difference between an Ego 11 and a Geo 2.1 HPR inline regulator piston and regulator spring. I think I made a mistake taking my Geo 2.1 SL3 reg and putting it on my Ego 11 now after selling my Geo 2.1 my Ego 11 won't shoot past 280 fps. Any advise would be appreciated.
__________________
Los Angeles Mayhem
mvaldez1783 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-18-2012, 06:18 PM #1031
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sorry guys! Was on vacation. I will go back a few days. Anyone else I missed, simple repost!
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 06:19 PM #1032
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintking22 View Post
Bill,
I've been looking for a tuning guide, is there a good one? Preferably from a PE tech and not some high school kid telling me to turn the dwell all the way down to get better air efficiency.
-Colby
What year EGO? What are you looking for? Smooth shot or efficiency?
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 06:21 PM #1033
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmewar12 View Post
Hey Bill, recently purchased an ego 11, gun worked great all day, towards the end it would not fire on the first trigger pull only on the second, and now i can not get it to fire at all, any ideas?
Honestly sounds like the battery or HPR issue. Have you changed the battery since you got it?
If so, HPR could be creeping up. Try opening up the HPR and flip the regulator seal over inside the HPR adjuster assembly.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 PM #1034
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgreyfox View Post
Wondering what may be wrong with my ego as everyone I know says their guns shoot +-5 fps I'm getting numbers between 250 - 280 .....*When I got the gun, guy said he was having issues getting the stock regulator up to 300 so he included a hyper 3. I took the reg apart and it was missing the piston spring , replaced that and it shoots 300 fine now. I also tried to rebuild the whole gun with new orings ,*Does anyone know how the shim stack goes in the hyper 3 for an 08 ego , I accidentally took them out when trying to Relube the reg and now it's not adjusting air pressure ....*Would like to get it dialed to see if it's my stock hpr that is having problems
There is no such thing as a Hyper 3 for an EGO. But typically the HPR shims oppose each other. You will notice they have a slight bend to them. Stack them like so...
)()()()()
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 06:23 PM #1035
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da1stMONSTERSOBE View Post
what is the oring size for the orings between the minifold on 05/06 noids (the 3 round ones. )
Not sure but if you need one, let me know.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 06:24 PM #1036
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvaldez1783 View Post
What is the difference between an Ego 11 and a Geo 2.1 HPR inline regulator piston and regulator spring. I think I made a mistake taking my Geo 2.1 SL3 reg and putting it on my Ego 11 now after selling my Geo 2.1 my Ego 11 won't shoot past 280 fps. Any advise would be appreciated.
You need an EGO HPR spring. PM me if still needed.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 02:35 PM #1037
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title
 
BiG MaN KemP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 804
BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hi Bill, recently my buddies Ego 10 has been having major issues. It's like FSDO but for every shot. Stock dwell, LPR is flush, HPR to chrono (before it was having issues). Rammer oiled with Eclipse oil, HPR and LPR lubed with Hater Sauce. When it does fire right the first four shots experience FSDO and after that the rest are fine....until you stop shooting, then the FSDO returns immediately. What could be wrong?
__________________
Black/Red NXT, all i need
BiG MaN KemP is offline  
Old 09-19-2012, 04:22 PM #1038
Daniel3693
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
etek 1

I have an etek 1 that is almost in perfect condition. When i air it up the bolt shoots forward, Will not return to the back position and air leaks horribly out of the small gap between the solenoid and minifold....i have replace all rammer o rings and lpr o rings and the lpr piston is in great condition. also, the minifold gasket is fine. My assumption is the solenoid is bad. Any other suggestions? And how do i test the solenoids condition? Thanks
Daniel3693 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 05:57 AM #1039
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MaN KemP View Post
Hi Bill, recently my buddies Ego 10 has been having major issues. It's like FSDO but for every shot. Stock dwell, LPR is flush, HPR to chrono (before it was having issues). Rammer oiled with Eclipse oil, HPR and LPR lubed with Hater Sauce. When it does fire right the first four shots experience FSDO and after that the rest are fine....until you stop shooting, then the FSDO returns immediately. What could be wrong?
Sounds like the HPR is over pressurizing. Open the HPR and take a look at the seal. It is a small plastic like piece pressed into the end of the piston shaft. If either cracked, loose or missing replace the piston.

for the part, Google: Planet Eclipse HPR piston EGO10
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 06:02 AM #1040
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel3693 View Post
I have an etek 1 that is almost in perfect condition. When i air it up the bolt shoots forward, Will not return to the back position and air leaks horribly out of the small gap between the solenoid and minifold....i have replace all rammer o rings and lpr o rings and the lpr piston is in great condition. also, the minifold gasket is fine. My assumption is the solenoid is bad. Any other suggestions? And how do i test the solenoids condition? Thanks
Does sound like the rear oring on the rammer is undersized. Could you have put a #10 on instead of a #11?
It could need LPR housing orings. (They are PE specific #14x2)
Check the LPR piston. Make sure the seal in the end of the shaft is there and in one piece.
Did you take the solenoid apart? You could have put the spool in backwards?
Did you take the lines off the solenoid manifold to the barbed banjo fitting? The lines should not be crossed.

To test the board. Disconnect the noid from the board while you gas it up.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 11:21 AM #1041
JoshC90
 
 
JoshC90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Houston, TX
JoshC90 supports Team VICIOUS
Bottom of page 49 i asked about a getting a new pevs jewel for my 06 ego. Know anywhere i could do that? Ill pay to have them made
__________________

Texas Storm G6R - Ripper Victory - DM9
Support American Made
JoshC90 is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 01:47 PM #1042
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
no idea. Try Pevs store.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-20-2012, 11:08 PM #1043
valvepin
Straightshooter
 
valvepin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the south
Annual Supporting Member
valvepin donated to help Peyton Trent
valvepin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
valvepin supports Team VICIOUS
valvepin supports Pev's Paintball
valvepin has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
valvepin is attending Decay of Nations VI
07 ego leak

07 is leaking from line which runs from the torpedo to front barb on the manifold block. I checked line is in good shape , replaced line to be safe. the leak appears to be between the barb and The front of the block. Is it possible I may need to replace the manifold and do you have them in stock.
Thank you for your help

Last edited by valvepin : 09-24-2012 at 09:05 AM.
valvepin is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 11:08 AM #1044
A4C
Oranges Revolt
 
A4C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Omaha, Ne
A4C works for a Paintball manufacturer
A4C plays in the PSP
A4C owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
A4C plays in the APPA D2 division
Got a brand new Ego 11, went out to the field to play chronoed and couldn't get it over 200 FPS. Reset the regs to stock, made sure noid settings were stock. Still nothing. Made sure the board was reset to factory, and then i could get it to shoot at 270fps, but I cannot get it to go any higher than that. The consistency is terrible as well, any ideas?
__________________

Mac Daddy All-Stars |G.I. SPORTZ | KILA PRODUCTS | UNDERSTOOD CLOTHING | FURIOUS PAINTBALL | GO PRO | SMX OPTICS | CJ's Paintball Park | CUSTOM VINYL EXPRESS | VFORCE | AC402.com
OLD Feedback | GEARBAG SALE
PM ME FOR CUSTOM VINYL DECALS
A4C is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:38 PM #1045
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by valvepin View Post
07 is leaking from line which runs from the torpedo to front barb on the manifold block. I checked line is in good shape , replaced line to be safe. the leak appears to be between the barb and The front of the block. Is it possible I may need to replace the manifold and do you have them in stock.
Thank you for your help
I am sold out. I would recommend taking the solenoid off and taking the clamping u-style clamp off. Clean the barb and re-assemble.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 06:43 PM #1046
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by A4C View Post
Got a brand new Ego 11, went out to the field to play chronoed and couldn't get it over 200 FPS. Reset the regs to stock, made sure noid settings were stock. Still nothing. Made sure the board was reset to factory, and then i could get it to shoot at 270fps, but I cannot get it to go any higher than that. The consistency is terrible as well, any ideas?
Sounds like the seal in the SL3 inline regulator is creeping. Flip the seal over inside the adjuster piston. I would recommend getting a replacement for the future. PM me if interested.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:15 PM #1047
valvepin
Straightshooter
 
valvepin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: the south
Annual Supporting Member
valvepin donated to help Peyton Trent
valvepin owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
valvepin supports Team VICIOUS
valvepin supports Pev's Paintball
valvepin has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
valvepin is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I am sold out. I would recommend taking the solenoid off and taking the clamping u-style clamp off. Clean the barb and re-assemble.
How do you remove the u shaped clamps??
valvepin is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 10:27 AM #1048
BiG MaN KemP
Custom User Title
 
BiG MaN KemP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: 804
BiG MaN KemP has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
Sounds like the HPR is over pressurizing. Open the HPR and take a look at the seal. It is a small plastic like piece pressed into the end of the piston shaft. If either cracked, loose or missing replace the piston.

for the part, Google: Planet Eclipse HPR piston EGO10
Friend took apart his regulator over Skype and showed me the piston, it seems fine, no cracks but it does retain an indentation from the adjustment screw sealing up to it. Relubed entire reg and ram system again (Hater Sauce/Dow33 and Eclipse oil respectively) no luck in fixing the issue. Could it possibly be the solenoid? I know noids are bulletproof and virtually never go down unless they've got 250k+ shots on em or a different absurd amount. His ego however was used one season by a previous owner, guy did a 'decent' job of taking care of it. gun has less than 50k shots through it.
__________________
Black/Red NXT, all i need
BiG MaN KemP is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 06:59 PM #1049
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by valvepin View Post
How do you remove the u shaped clamps??
Some work with a magnet or a pick.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Old 09-25-2012, 07:00 PM #1050
Bill
Paintball Showcase
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Paintball Showcase
Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG MaN KemP View Post
Friend took apart his regulator over Skype and showed me the piston, it seems fine, no cracks but it does retain an indentation from the adjustment screw sealing up to it. Relubed entire reg and ram system again (Hater Sauce/Dow33 and Eclipse oil respectively) no luck in fixing the issue. Could it possibly be the solenoid? I know noids are bulletproof and virtually never go down unless they've got 250k+ shots on em or a different absurd amount. His ego however was used one season by a previous owner, guy did a 'decent' job of taking care of it. gun has less than 50k shots through it.
I would still recommend swapping out the piston.
__________________
WWW.PAINTBALLSHOWCASE.COM

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Bill is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump